Romney:"Corporations are people" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:28:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney:"Corporations are people" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney:"Corporations are people"  (Read 2669 times)
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« on: August 11, 2011, 03:07:01 PM »

Not a great choice of wording, but it further proves Romney knows better than any other GOP candidate how the economy works.

Only a supporter would say such a thing. It's a gaffe, that's what it is.

A gaffe which people won't remember in two days, though. Wink

Political ads have a way of memorializing otherwise forgettable moments.

When one surveys the candidates, from Obama on through all the GOP contenders, that is one seriously tone-deaf group of people running for office next year--wow!
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 03:16:42 PM »

Accurate or not, I'm still puzzled, given the 9% unemployment rate, about how insisting to a frustrated crowd that "corporations are people too" will win him votes.  In politics and romance, it's not always enough to be right.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 03:28:39 PM »

Accurate or not, I'm still puzzled, given the 9% unemployment rate, about how insisting to a frustrated crowd that "corporations are people too" will win him votes.  In politics and romance, it's not always enough to be right.

It will win the votes of Tea Partiers who think Romney's a "RINO."

I'm kind of doubtful it will persuade them to vote for him over Bachmann or Perry.  This and some other things he has said recently might win him some of their votes if he gets nominated, but they weren't going to vote for the other guy anyway.  But, we'll see.  I still think it's a lousy message to send to a country full of people who are out of work or worried about their job security.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies