Romney:"Corporations are people" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:11:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney:"Corporations are people" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney:"Corporations are people"  (Read 2667 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: August 11, 2011, 02:13:38 PM »

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/08/romney-corporations-are-people-my-friend-video.php?ref=fpb

Mitt Romney told an Iowa crowd on Thursday that the country should not raise taxes to shore up Medicare and Social Security because "corporations are people" too.

Responding to a question from an audience member as to why Social Security should be included in deficit talks when it doesn't add to the deficit, Romney drifted into a defense of corporate rights. "Corporations are people, my friend," he said. "Of course they are."

After receiving jeers from the audience over the quote, he elaborated: "Everything corporations earn goes to people. Where do you think it goes? Whose pockets? People's pockets. Human beings, my friend."
Romney went on to suggest raising the retirement age rather than increasing taxes on business in order to fix entitlement programs' shortfalls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KlPQkd_AA6c
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 02:29:47 PM »

BREAKING: Romney announces support for mergers of gay corporations. Had earlier only supported long-term business partnerships.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 03:26:52 PM »

Any hint about which corporation Mitt might choose as his running mate?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies