Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 31, 2015, 03:48:49 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: True Federalist, Former Moderate, Badger)
| | |-+  indiana is a theocratic hellhole, part 2936
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: indiana is a theocratic hellhole, part 2936  (Read 286 times)
evergreen 🌲
a Person
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« on: Today at 08:36:50 am »
Ignore

Depending on the outcome of a hearing scheduled for Monday, a 33-year-old Indiana woman could face up to 70 years in prison for what she says was a miscarriage. Reproductive rights advocates say her case is a disturbing example of overly broad laws that essentially criminalize pregnancy.
[]
State officials, meanwhile, contend they have evidence to suggest Patel attempted an illegal abortion after purchasing abortion-inducing drugs online. They say she intentionally tried to end her pregnancy even though a toxicologist testified there was no trace of the drugs in her bloodstream and then abandoned her living child after the termination was unsuccessful.

HockeyDude
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.16, S: -8.09

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Today at 08:45:46 am »
Ignore

Disgusting stuff from the Christian Right once again.  What else is there to be said? 

I am doing a better job of getting and weighing what the customer wants, then wrapping it and putting a price sticker on the package. 
AggregateDemand
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:22:13 am »
Ignore

In liberal America, everyone is a victim except for intentionally slain unborn children.

For the record, I'm pro-choice, but liberals flaunt their hypocrisy shamelessly, and someone should point it out.....for their own good.

Economic PM: +4.77
Social PM: -4.52
evergreen 🌲
a Person
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:25:39 am »
Ignore

intentionally slain unborn children.

learn to read

AggregateDemand
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Today at 10:30:25 am »
Ignore

learn to read

I'm not particularly interested in this issue, as unfortunate as it may be. I'm interested in undermining the self-serving confirmation bias that leads to nonsensical vitriol.

People get screwed by laws all the time. If you think a preponderance of the blame can be assigned to one political party or ideology, you're smoking something.

realisticidealist
YaBB God
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 4.52

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:33:58 am »
Ignore

It sounds like it's ambiguous whether the baby was born alive or not, though the quite biased article brushes over that exceedingly quickly.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
Mr. Illini
liberty142
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -5.22

P P
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Today at 02:01:56 pm »
Ignore

HS, as usual

Indiana doubles down on recruitment strategy
Monarch
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Today at 02:35:25 pm »
Ignore

In liberal America, everyone is a victim except for intentionally slain unborn children.

For the record, I'm pro-choice, but liberals flaunt their hypocrisy shamelessly, and someone should point it out.....for their own good.

This is more like charging the person who discovers a suicide with murder just to be safe.

I'm not particularly interested in this issue, as unfortunate as it may be. I'm interested in undermining the self-serving confirmation bias that leads to nonsensical vitriol.

People get screwed by laws all the time. If you think a preponderance of the blame can be assigned to one political party or ideology, you're smoking something.

Aren't proclaimed libertarians like yourself supposed to care about people getting screwed by laws?
« Last Edit: Today at 02:38:00 pm by Monarch »Logged

I'm also opposed to people burning their family's paycheck
AggregateDemand
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Today at 03:18:43 pm »
Ignore

Aren't proclaimed libertarians like yourself supposed to care about people getting screwed by laws?

I don't live in your universe. Where I'm from, curing the disease is vastly superior to treating the symptoms.

Governor TDAS04
TDAS04
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Today at 03:24:53 pm »
Ignore

It sounds like it's ambiguous whether the baby was born alive or not, though the quite biased article brushes over that exceedingly quickly.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Economic:  -2.71
Social:  -5.74
Joe Republic
Moderators
YaBB God
Kiribati

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Today at 03:25:38 pm »
Ignore

I don't live in your universe.

Yes, we know.

Real Americans (and Big Sky Bob) demand to know.

[Y]ou are not going to change my mind or even cause me to think.
Monarch
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Today at 03:36:32 pm »
Ignore

I don't live in your universe. Where I'm from, curing the disease is vastly superior to treating the symptoms.

I'm also opposed to people burning their family's paycheck
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout