Polls on Same-Sex Marriage State Laws (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:56:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Polls on Same-Sex Marriage State Laws (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Polls on Same-Sex Marriage State Laws  (Read 189985 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: April 01, 2013, 07:52:40 PM »

I think than the plan at a moment was to pass a referendum on gay marriage, as Christie would have difficuties to veto it and be able to justify it.

But, perhaps they changed their mind.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 10:19:34 PM »

Christie is the person who suggested that referendum.

I suppose it's proof than he wants to run for Presidency. Nobody can attack him on letting people voting.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 05:47:50 AM »

Has Virginia become the new New Hampshire!?

No, but it may become the new Maryland. More and more, Virginia is DC suburbs, while people in the Appalacheans are dying because they are old. And there is an area where is lots of Blacks (Richmond area).
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 08:02:49 PM »

Is SSM on the ballot in any state this fall?

Indiana was a possibility for a constitutional-ban referendum but I don't think anything came of that.

I think the House decided to amend the proposal they voted in 2011-2012. As the same text must be voted two legislatures in a row to allow a constitutionnal referendum, the House and Senate must revote the new text in 2015-2016 for a referendum in 2016.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 09:59:01 PM »

Keep your version of 'God's law' for your own denomination and congregation, thank yoy; the Crusades ended centuries ago.

''My version''? There's really only one way to interpret this:

''Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.'' - Leviticus 18:22

This law may be from the Old Testament, but it still applies today because it is a moral law, as opposed to a ceremonial law (such as the prohibition on eating pork, for example).

As far I as know, there is no mention of "moral laws are still valid, ceremonial laws aren't somewhere in Gospels".
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 10:16:05 PM »

The Acts are describing the decisions of the First Christian Leaders. There is no intervention of God, Jesus or a prophet there. I don't see why we should feel compelled to follow their HUMAN decisions.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 09:21:25 PM »

Religion? No -- it is a primal concern about passing down genes, something deep in the irrational subconscious.

The only gays I know or have heard about whose parents have cut off contact with them, have all had deeply religious parents.

The point is than even pro-gay parents are usually upset a bit. Thye know life will be harder, than they won't pass down genes. I doubt any parent ever launched a party while learning their kid was gay.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 10:44:30 PM »

What is the cause for the extremely-long delay with Michigan? The Supreme Court has quickly dispensed with appeals that are nothing but delaying tactics with a weak case, as with Indiana and Wisconsin.

Michigan/Ohio/Kentucky/Tennessee cases were grouped and are at the 4th circuit court. The hearings were done in August, decision expected in October or November.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 02:37:26 AM »

Clearly a communist plot. The areas without gay marriage create a sickle shape. And the Dakota blob is the hammer. Like on the USSR flag.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies