Polls on Same-Sex Marriage State Laws (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:27:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Polls on Same-Sex Marriage State Laws (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Polls on Same-Sex Marriage State Laws  (Read 190003 times)
ZonedOut

« on: November 30, 2011, 04:40:45 PM »

Considering that we are the only state to EVER defeat a marriage amendment (2006), I don't know why this should be all that surprising.  AZ is NOT Jesus country.   Since the Dems have already capitulated on guns, if they could find a way to get immigration off the table, this state would be a toss-up/barely lean red.  If I were going to imagine what "The Mississippi Desert" would look like, especially regarding gay rights,  I would basiclly tend to imagine a larger state with an even dumber governor. 
ZonedOut

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 04:23:19 PM »

Pennsylvania now supports gay marriage 56-39, so still green on the map.
(bctv.org/special_reports/government/franklin-marshall-college-poll/article_7797b1e4-8ab8-11e3-b909-001a4bcf887a.html)
Sorry I guess I can't post full links yet.

Big news is that via PPP's twitter, a plurality of Alaska voters now support gay marriage
although numbers won't be out until later in the week.

ZonedOut

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 03:47:47 PM »

If we're going to start cherry-picking polls based on our own opinions  then what's the point of this thread?  Sure, to look at the map I think that most people would say that the Georgia result is ridiculous, and personally I think that AZ should only be yellow or the very light green color.  However, a reputable poll found otherwise and so the map was changed.  If another poll finds differently then we can change it again (well somebody else can - I have no clue how to do it).   
ZonedOut

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 07:27:55 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2014, 07:29:41 PM by ZonedOut »

Unfortunately, the thaw in Kentucky's attitudes hasn't spread to its southern neighbor, as Tennessee opposes gay marriage 26-64.  Ouch.

mtsusurveygroup.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/MTSU-POLL-Spring-2014-legislative-issues-roundup-F.pdf

If a governor decides to "stand in the doorway" on this issue, it's not hard to figure what part of the country that it will be in.  It's going to make all these looming lawsuits in those states even more interesting.
ZonedOut

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 10:15:39 PM »

I'm sure that in Michigan, like in most of the other states so far, any positive ruling will be put on hold for months.  Still, I have my fingers crossed.

As depressing as some of the polls coming out of the South have been, here's a pretty good one from a Bible Belt state:  Kansas only opposes gay marriage 44-48.   Kansas!!  Also, gay marriage is more popular in KS than legal marijuana which Kansans oppose 42-52.  Not to hijack the thread, but I think it would be interesting to compare support for marriage equality vs support for marijuana legalization...

publicpolicypolling.com/main/2014/02/kansas-miscellany.html

sigh... my kingdom to be able to post links.

ZonedOut

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 02:14:10 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2014, 02:15:44 PM by ZonedOut »

Colorado now supports marriage equality 56-36.  Interesting that legal marijuana only polls one point better, despite having been legalized in 2012.

publicpolicypolling.com/main/2014/03/colorado-happy-with-marijuana-legalization-supports-gay-marriage.html

edit:  They REALLY should have considered taking it to the ballot this year.  It actually might have helped in the Senate/Gov races there.
ZonedOut

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 11:36:24 PM »

Louisiana: 42-53 opposed.  (The link has conflicting numbers on the opposition, I had to dig into the poll pdf itself to find the actual opposition number).

nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/04/gay_civil_unions_medical_marij.html
ZonedOut

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 03:25:41 PM »

I don't know if this poll would fit the criteria for being included here, as it was conducted by the Political Science Dept of Texas Tech and not a major polling firm, but anyways...

Texas:  48-47 SUPPORT gay marriage

lubbockonline.com/filed-online/2014-04-17/tech-student-survey-shows-texans-torn-gay-marriage-not-governor
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies