So at high school reunions how many people are radically changed?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:01:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  So at high school reunions how many people are radically changed?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So at high school reunions how many people are radically changed?  (Read 881 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 13, 2011, 11:21:41 AM »

I just realized my 10-year one is next year and I'm thinking about how people might react to me now. I haven't kept up with most people in high school besides a few friends from my scene and all who I have added on Facebook and some who have moved down here. I know which ones are married because my mom always mails me newspaper clippings every time someone from my class is.

I'm wondering what the Christian kids I used to mock and didn't get along with at all would think of me now, the guy who once yelled "THERE IS NO GOD" at the See You at the Pole gathering. Then again there's also the fact that I'm still a dirty liberal and wear only shirts of bands they've never heard of.

So uh what has happened at people who have been to high school reunions?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 11:35:11 AM »

I'm wondering what the Christian kids I used to mock and didn't get along with at all would think of me now, the guy who once yelled "THERE IS NO GOD" at the See You at the Pole gathering. Then again there's also the fact that I'm still a dirty liberal and wear only shirts of bands they've never heard of.

Your a faddish self obsessed oblivious attention whore which 10 years on after graduation will probably make people try and start a conversation with the balloons rather than talk to you Cheesy

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 11:42:30 AM »

At my age, everyone Wink
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 12:14:21 PM »

So uh what has happened at people who have been to high school reunions?

Never been to one.

I assume people mostly want to hook up.  I remember Daddy went to one about 25 years after he graduated from high school.  I was 10 or 11 at the time.  I think Mama was very worried about him travelling a thousand miles away to get together with his high school chums. 

Anyway, you don't stay 18 forever.  Don't be disappointed if your ex-girlfriend is a little wider, a little grayer, and a little more hairy than you remember her being. 

And those nerdy guys you picked on might be hunky and tan and buffed by now, and looking for a little payback.  If we don't hear from you after that night we'll just assume you are busy getting your head unstuck from the toilet.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 12:39:01 PM »

Radically charged?  There can be no justice until the means of exercise belong to those that toil!  Nationalize the weight room!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 01:11:42 AM »

I would never, ever go to such a thing.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 06:24:56 AM »

Maybe it's because I graduated like 16 months ago, but I kinda have the inkling to go to such a thing in 10 years time. If only to see where some of the people I knew have gone and what they've become. That assumes the school still exists in 10 years time, because if Tim Hudak becomes Premier, that's a long shot given how much he hates education.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 10:48:04 AM »

Well, 98% of people live in hell and their lives get worse every year.  This is due to three things:

1) Toils
2) Reproducing
3) Monogamy

However there are always those 2%.  I quite enjoyed my 5-year.  A friend and I brought a small Indian man as our 'date' - he didn't really understand why he was there and was very frightened of all the hopeless americans.

Now what would it be? My.. how old are you with you graduate from high-school?  18?  I guess I missed my 20 year.  Probably most people would be Christians, Republicans, or otherwise have given up completely.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 11:12:40 AM »

I hated the kids I graduated with and I hope most die a slow lingering death.........most I've seen look like they're on their way (though I don't go to reunions to see the rest)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 12:54:46 PM »

I hated the kids I graduated with and I hope most die a slow lingering death.........most I've seen look like they're on their way (though I don't go to reunions to see the rest)

I wish the same fate to the bulk of people at my school in Riyadh, though I don't wish it for anybody at my last school besides my Grade 12 Bio teacher who needs to DIAF.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies