Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 03, 2015, 08:34:11 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  About this Site
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Lunar's reign of terror has come to an end?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Lunar's reign of terror has come to an end?  (Read 2731 times)
Trump 2016
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2011, 12:00:05 am »
Ignore

It looks like Badger and MM are mods of US General now. Hurray!

THE FRONTRUNNER

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 12:00:41 am »
Ignore

He still reigns in Individual Politics, but there's nothing there except "Opinion of" threads.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Mr. Morden
Modadmin
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 12:14:54 am »
Ignore

It looks like Badger and MM are mods of US General now. Hurray!

Correct.  Dave emerged from the dead long enough to accept Lunar's resignation as mod of US General, and install Badger and Moderate as replacements.

My magnum opus is now complete.  Read the complete "The Adventures of Hobo Orgy Guy & Blondie" (now in paperback).

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 12:25:53 am »
Ignore

More mods? Oh boy... great...

Update lives again on Atlas After Dark. PM me for info.
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 12:28:38 am »
Ignore

Neat. Badger and Mr. Moderate are like Lunar split into two separate, dueling personalities.

Behead All Those Who Insult Hillary
Mr. Morden
Modadmin
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 12:31:49 am »
Ignore

More mods? Oh boy... great...

It's part of a long-term plan to split the forum into two species: the Eloi and the Morlocks.

My magnum opus is now complete.  Read the complete "The Adventures of Hobo Orgy Guy & Blondie" (now in paperback).

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 03:22:18 am »
Ignore

Badger? Neat. Though I worry about another one of my forum friends being corrupted Sad

Those who shout the loudest about respecting “diversity” and the culture of others, cannot stir themselves to respect the French enough to learn their language and understand their culture.
minionofmidas - supplemental forum account
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 03:57:11 am »
Ignore

He still reigns in Individual Politics, but there's nothing there except "Opinion of" threads.
Because Lunar deletes everything else.

If I'm shown as having been active here recently it's either because I've been using the gallery, because I've been using the search engine looking up something from way back, or because I've been reading the most excellent UK by-elections thread again.
Αλληλεγγύη
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 04:54:45 am »
Ignore

So it will be even more difficult to distinguish Mr. Moderate from Mr. Morden now that they're both moderators. Tongue

RIP Greece. RIP European Federalism.

"It's easy to confuse what is with what ought to be, especially when what is has worked out in your favor."

Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones, ep. 5x09
Mr. Morden
Modadmin
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 05:01:07 am »
Ignore

So it will be even more difficult to distinguish Mr. Moderate from Mr. Morden now that they're both moderators. Tongue

How could you possibly confuse me with that weirdo? Tongue [I think I'm safe saying that here, as long as no one explains to Moderate that he can infract on boards that he doesn't moderate.]

Lunar
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 08:30:54 pm »
Ignore

I've been caught up, but I profusely apologize for my lack of attention over the last 8 months and wish the new crew the best of luck.  I wish I could have had them take over 6 months ago, but better late than never!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 08:16:30 am by Lunar »Logged

this is real
Lunar
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 08:31:40 pm »
Ignore

Because Lunar deletes everything else.

I wish I could say that's true

this is real
Senator and SoEA Kalwejt
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2011, 08:49:54 pm »
Ignore

The monster is (almost) gone.

Lunar
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2011, 08:54:08 pm »
Ignore

The monster is (almost) gone.

If only.

this is real
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
YaBB God
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2011, 07:55:33 pm »
Ignore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3whOHc5y9Q

Free Bradley Manning
Senator and SoEA Kalwejt
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 08:00:46 pm »
Ignore

Wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHJoj9IqeKg

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2011, 08:45:29 pm »
Ignore

Just wait until someone posts something even remotely positive about Santorum or Toomey or any other Pennsylvania Republican. That poster will suffer the wrath of Badger. Mr. Moderate is our only hope.

The entire country is pretty much Republican.
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2011, 09:54:48 pm »
Ignore

Just wait until someone posts something even remotely positive about Santorum or Toomey or any other Pennsylvania Republican. That poster will suffer the wrath of Badger. Mr. Moderate is our only hope.

God forbid moderators have opinions!

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
The Mikado
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2011, 10:05:54 pm »
Ignore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KA6q0_cfVA

Snowstalker   mikado is content with only questions
23:03   Snowstalker   questions never helped anyone
23:03   Snowstalker   only answers
Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2011, 11:29:28 pm »
Ignore

Positive statement about the Evil Ones! AND disparaging comments about mods!! 1000 infraction points!

You may now go and serve your sentence forthwith locked in a hotbox with CARL and a repeating tape loop reading Cesar Chavez's autobiography.

Your self-serving slacktivism is propelling America to new heights.
Marokai Besieged
Marokai Blue
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2011, 11:50:44 pm »
Ignore

Yeah, this is one of the dumbest complaints against the mods ever. Oh no, they continue to post their political opinions. Everyone knows that mods have to take a vow of silence when they get the job.

Those who shout the loudest about respecting “diversity” and the culture of others, cannot stir themselves to respect the French enough to learn their language and understand their culture.
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 01:01:08 am »
Ignore

Yeah, this is one of the dumbest complaints against the mods ever. Oh no, they continue to post their political opinions. Everyone knows that mods have to take a vow of silence when they get the job.

I'm sorry that the two of you didn't read my original complaint that Badger is too combative to be a moderator. That excuse has been used to deny others moderator status in the past.

The entire country is pretty much Republican.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -5.22

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, 04:24:10 am »
Ignore

I'm sorry that the two of you didn't read my original complaint that Badger is too combative to be a moderator. That excuse has been used to deny others moderator status in the past.

Stop whining!

Bob Findley: "You're a real dyed-in-the-wool son-of-a-bitch. Anyone ever told you that?"
Steve Everett: "Just close friends and family,"

Clint Eastwood's "True Crime", 1999.
Senator and SoEA Kalwejt
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2011, 06:20:42 am »
Ignore

Phil wanted this job himself.

Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 07:50:54 am »
Ignore

In fairness, Phil has a bit of a point. I'm not sure I'm too combative to be a mod (as noted, one doesn't give up one's views, and I appricite the defense Smiley), but I realized without urging that this is something I'm going to have to, if not turn down, at least avoid periodically turning up to 11.

Your self-serving slacktivism is propelling America to new heights.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout