SENATE BILL: Atlasian Currency Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:09:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Atlasian Currency Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Atlasian Currency Act (Law'd)  (Read 8549 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: August 15, 2011, 12:33:44 AM »

I seek to amend the bill to put Purple State on the nickel, as suggested by my valued constituent.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 12:35:34 AM »

Also would like to consider abolishing penny as suggested by Senator Jbrase, as it seems relevant here.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 06:09:18 PM »

I know you love to assume that I am wrong or oblivious, Tmth, but my amendment is rather obviously designed to address concerns raised by Marokai Blue. I usually scroll past your posts and only caught this because I saw my name.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 06:22:39 PM »

Back to ignore you go.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 07:37:13 PM »

Perhaps 6ritz wouldbe better suited for the two dollar bill.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 05:48:04 PM »

Withdraw my amendment for obvious reasons.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 12:24:30 PM »

Is it possible to prematurely object to Antonio's amendment? I don't prefer it at all. Also, it should say hundred dollar bill.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 12:47:13 PM »

I thought his proposal was an amendment sorry. I do think that the current structure is fine but I felt compelled to replace one Marokai felt didn't belong with Purple State on his behalf. Otherwise this bill looks ready to go IMO.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 10:10:10 PM »

Nay
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 09:07:50 PM »

Ill support the amendment and the bill as long as its kept free of criminal bullies.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 08:47:41 PM »

Amendment: As the two dollar bill is rarely used and printed, they shall no longer be printed and issued as currency in Atlasia.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 08:56:37 PM »

It would be an insult to the other Atlasians honored in the bill to include a mean bully among them. Two dollar bills aren't even really used anyways. It would be fine to stop printing them altogether. Also, some people treasure two dollar bills. Well, we should put someone more fit for this group on it if so. Richard Nixon wouldn't be put on a real life Mt. Rushmore. I'm also acting on behalf of constituents who were embarrassed to continue associating with the administration and out of my respect for my late friend Jake Matthews.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 12:07:59 PM »

Aye
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 03:03:49 PM »

Amendment to clause 11: change Tmthforu to Fritz.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 10:29:41 PM »

Honestly, I could care less if I'm on the currency, so I'm okay with being removed. I just really didn't want this to look like a Napoleon victory on his fight to derail me every chance he gets, which has been his obvious goal this entire debate.

I think an amendment should be considered, however, keeping recent President's off the list so that it's pretty much just old-timers. Wink

Not a bad idea. Putting modern politicians on currency would seem controversial. I wouldn't like it a whole lot if the US decided to put President Obama on money and liberals wouldn't like it the US put George W. Bush on currency. But Andrew Jackson...meh...no outrage.

I find Andrew Jackson's presence on currency an outrage.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 10:35:42 PM »

Honestly, I could care less if I'm on the currency, so I'm okay with being removed. I just really didn't want this to look like a Napoleon victory on his fight to derail me every chance he gets, which has been his obvious goal this entire debate.

I think an amendment should be considered, however, keeping recent President's off the list so that it's pretty much just old-timers. Wink

Not a bad idea. Putting modern politicians on currency would seem controversial. I wouldn't like it a whole lot if the US decided to put President Obama on money and liberals wouldn't like it the US put George W. Bush on currency. But Andrew Jackson...meh...no outrage.

I find Andrew Jackson's presence on currency an outrage.

You must spend all of life protesting then Tongue

It is important to me that only those who deserve to be honored receive honors.  If that means keeping a disgraced President off of currency to legitimize the honor bestowed upon the other listed Presidents, then that is what I feel I must do. I have no ability to change US Currency so I ignore it but here I have an opportunity to make a difference.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 09:45:24 AM »

You always bring up polls. Is that something you cherish as a lifetime achievement award or something? Polls also show you performing worse than RowanBrandon if you were to run for President. Pretty sad for someone who has been President.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 03:18:37 PM »

What is your point.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 04:00:11 PM »

I'm sick of being attacked by you. I still don't see whatever a poll has to do with this bill. If you don't like the long list of reasons I posted, let's just go with what Marokai said.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 04:49:39 PM »

Next time I see this post has a new thread,

Lol! (Sorry thought that was funny for some reason) Wink

I'll withdraw all of my amendments for the sake of moving this bill off the floor ASAP. I've got some important legislation in the queue that I don't want to wait any longer for, and though I still feel my goal for this was the correct one, I will do the mature thing and let it go. So, let's vote on this and move on to my transportation bill. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 05:03:47 PM »

Aye
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 08:11:40 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies