The Tea Party's anger
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:08:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Tea Party's anger
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Tea Party's anger  (Read 1986 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2011, 12:38:23 PM »
« edited: August 15, 2011, 12:40:29 PM by opebo »

Maybe they're angry because they're slaves to the system as well, opebo.

I mentioned ignorance already, GG, though obviously a fair number of the T-party are actually rich, and thus slave-owners, not slaves.

The next time I bust opebo's balls, I'll put a smiley face at the end so you don't get your skirt all caught up in your frilly panites......

Perhaps our good Link was confused by your utter failure to bust them, Gramps.  Good luck with that!  

(he may also be confused by the fact that these crazies do actually characterize the rich - because of taxation - as somehow 'enslaved')
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2011, 12:40:29 PM »

The next time I bust opebo's balls, I'll put a smiley face at the end so you don't get your skirt all caught up in your frilly panites......

Perhaps our good Link was confused by your utter failure to bust them, Gramps.  Good luck with that!  

Perhaps, but I'll add smileys anyway..... Tongue  No reason wrinkling his/her skirt for no reason Wink
Link
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2011, 12:56:28 PM »

Racism, hatred, fear, ignorance, greed, viciousness, vileness, love of violence, love of power, power-worship.  The typical list that describes any right-wing group, but perhaps with a bit of a harder/sharper edge because the ignorance is heightened to such an amazing degree.

Maybe they're angry because they're slaves to the system as well, opebo.

How exactly are people that are paying some of the lowest taxes in DECADES "slaves to the system."  Can you flesh that out a bit for us?

Whoa.
CJK
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2011, 01:48:15 PM »

When did the Atlas Forum become a Daily Kos troll fest?
BigSkyBob

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2011, 07:14:22 PM »

Where does all the vitriol, anger, and just plain fanaticism of the Tea Party movement come from?
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2011, 12:40:53 AM »

I don't think the race thing is the issue as some have been insinuating...I mean, when he was in office there was, admittedly to a lesser degree, the same kind of howling outrage against Bill Clinton. I mean, just look at the list of conspiracy theories conservatives had against him: we've got troopergate, travelgate, the whole Vince Foster thing, the whitewater thing, the pardoning and campaign financing conspiracies, all the stuff people said about Hillary, a few more accusations about his behavior as governor, and of course the constant pressing for impeachment. The biggest difference is that they didn't bother forming a separate group.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2011, 10:12:23 AM »

I don't think the race thing is the issue as some have been insinuating...I mean, when he was in office there was, admittedly to a lesser degree, the same kind of howling outrage against Bill Clinton. I mean, just look at the list of conspiracy theories conservatives had against him: we've got troopergate, travelgate, the whole Vince Foster thing, the whitewater thing, the pardoning and campaign financing conspiracies, all the stuff people said about Hillary,

Hilliary made $100,000 gambling in the cattle futures market. It had all the hallmarks of a bribe offered to the sitting governor laundered through his wife, laundered through the commodities market.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2011, 12:23:08 PM »

I don't think the race thing is the issue as some have been insinuating...I mean, when he was in office there was, admittedly to a lesser degree, the same kind of howling outrage against Bill Clinton.
Oh yes, quite so. Then again, wasn't he jokingly called the First Black President? Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies