SENATE BILL: Empowering Regions in Elections Amendment (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:24:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Empowering Regions in Elections Amendment (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Empowering Regions in Elections Amendment (Failed)  (Read 6869 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: August 16, 2011, 04:56:53 PM »

I don't have a problem with regions running their own senate elections. I always wondered why we voted for our regional senators in a federal election voting booth anyway. Either I'm being short sighted, or I fail to see how things are complicated by this bill. Then again, I have faith in most regional governments that they are not corrupt enough to fudge election results. I also do not understand how they could fudge such numbers. Anyone care to explain?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 05:16:27 PM »

Is there a way we can limit regions from doing that? Or if we turn the power over to them to run their own elections, we cannot have any strings attached? I agree we can't allow them to adopt a secret ballot because their results will always be scrutinized. I've always wondered what Atlasian elections would be like if votes weren't public, but it's impossible to do on a site like this.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 08:01:40 PM »

The amendment makes me feel a bit better. I think this is the most logical step in the election process. The only concern I have for it is turnout would be terribly low, but I hope if this amendment makes it through the regions, it will only increase participation in regional elections.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 10:22:45 PM »

Maybe he wants regions to run their own presidential elections too? Now that would be a huge reform! I bet you'd salivate at the mouth, Marokai!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 03:17:03 PM »

Aye
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 07:55:11 PM »

Abstain. I'm really torn on this. On the one hand, I want to give regions the power to do what they wish with Presidential elections. However, I worry if we put into place some electoral college, people will find ways to manipulate it. It would make for more interesting elections though..
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 08:01:10 PM »

Abstain. I'm really torn on this. On the one hand, I want to give regions the power to do what they wish with Presidential elections. However, I worry if we put into place some electoral college, people will find ways to manipulate it. It would make for more interesting elections though..

Actually this amendment will hold the vote to federal standards, this is just for ballot simplicity and helping urn out in regions while giving them more power in electing their senators.

Oh, I know. I just figured an electoral college would be the next step in this process. I'll sit on this for a minute and see if I decide to change my mind. I won't vote this amendment down whichever way I go.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 07:19:13 PM »

aye whatever
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 11:29:51 PM »

I thought the purpose of this bill was to increase participation in regional elections by allowing regions to control their own senatorial elections? Obviously, the information collected by Napoleon would show regional participation is lower, otherwise, what is the point of this bill?

I think the arguments in opposition make sense if we don't want to risk short-term deflation of regional senate participation, but I think in the long run, it may have been a good thing. As it stands, AL senators already face a different electorate than do regional senators. Perhaps this bill would further widen the gap, I don't know. In the short-term I concede it probably would. Long run, we will never know. Just my two cents, but I know no one really cares. Wink

As Justin Timberlake would say, it's dead and gone. And as Jay Z would say, on to the next one...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies