SENATE BILL: Empowering Regions in Elections Amendment (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:35:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Empowering Regions in Elections Amendment (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Empowering Regions in Elections Amendment (Failed)  (Read 6873 times)
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 15, 2011, 11:23:42 PM »

A fun idea in theory but far too complicated. The SoFE now has to keep track of five different voting booths, and potentially administer five separate kinds of elections (in addition to the Presidential election)? I won't be voting for this.

Yeah, I agree.  Sorry Jbrase.  And it real life, local/regional/state governments have often manipulated the distribution of voting booths to change election results in favor of certian parties....
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 12:03:02 AM »

A fun idea in theory but far too complicated. The SoFE now has to keep track of five different voting booths, and potentially administer five separate kinds of elections (in addition to the Presidential election)? I won't be voting for this.

Yeah, I agree.  Sorry Jbrase.  And it real life, local/regional/state governments have often manipulated the distribution of voting booths to change election results in favor of certian parties....

The Amendment explicitly says the elections must remain fair and any new voting system suspected of being undemocratic could easily be challenged in court if it actually got to that point. I don't see how this is a realistic scenario.

Yes, I know Jbrase has good intentions, but I just don't trust some local governments to stay to the exact wording and not find loopholes.  Wink
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 01:57:03 PM »

Abstain
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 04:25:32 AM »

Nay
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: