Why the Zell Miller transformation? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:06:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Why the Zell Miller transformation? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why the Zell Miller transformation?  (Read 26874 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: March 03, 2012, 07:57:13 AM »
« edited: March 03, 2012, 08:00:02 AM by MechaRepublican »

Zell Miller didn't change. His party left him. Miller stands exactly where Democrats did in the 50's as I do myself for the most part.

Nonsense.

Miller changed after his narrow reelection as Governor in 1994.

Btw, are you saying you're a fan of Jim Crow? Ah, those great 1950s Democrats...

Everyone, this ^^ is what liberals do. They take conservatives out of context in order to change the issue to benefit them. This is comparable as well to they way they're trying to change the abortion issue to contraceptives. No one ever said anything about Jim Crow. Stop what you're trying to do because no one on this forum is falling for it.

You know very well for what the Southern Democrats stood for in 1950s. Maybe you should be little more careful next time by making such declarations.

To be fair Kal, he said he stood where the Democrats did in the 50's for the most part.

For the record Zell Miller did in fact campaign in favor of segregation in 1964 and 1966 when he ran for Congress.

But even if we assume he meant he stood exactly where the Democrats did in the 50's..............how the hell would that be possible?  I mean the Democratic Party was exponentially more big tent in the 50's than it is today.  I mean yeah sure, now days you have some blue dogs and moderates but back then the Democratic Party had everybody and their grandmother who for some reason or other didn't like the Republicans.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies