CONCLUSION: Why I became a conservative
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:25:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  CONCLUSION: Why I became a conservative
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: CONCLUSION: Why I became a conservative  (Read 12424 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2011, 11:36:54 PM »

Also, I deleted my failed attempt at parody. This is simply too golden to be copied.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2011, 11:46:39 PM »
« Edited: August 18, 2011, 11:48:28 PM by President Polnut »

Yeah... no more reading of this... I just end up with pity for him... that's a pretty diseased stream of consciousness there...
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2011, 12:07:44 AM »
« Edited: August 19, 2011, 12:10:34 AM by fezzyfestoon »

Yeah... no more reading of this... I just end up with pity for him... that's a pretty diseased stream of consciousness there...

My train of thought exactly. I actually signed in to post just that. It's sigh-inducing stuff.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2011, 12:09:46 AM »

His way of arriving at conclusions isn't too far from off from how I used to...realizing that is pretty embarassing.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2011, 12:12:03 AM »

Naso makes this a more interesting place. That is a fact.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2011, 01:23:41 AM »

This thread is the greatest thread in history.
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2011, 02:40:17 AM »

I read about half way through, I really tired... okay okay. Seriously, read Drama of the Gifted Child.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2011, 04:22:55 AM »

Why I became what I became (long version):

I've come to realize that my own political views are about two-thirds a mix of my mothers' and fathers' (whose views aren't congruent either). The remaining one-third are the complete opposite of my parents' political views, probably the result of stuff I happened to read during the 1990s and early 2000s. Tongue
Link
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2011, 05:54:33 AM »

I can't help having the feeling this is all some kind of elaborate prank and the joke is on all of us.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2011, 07:28:14 AM »

I also must add that I love the fact that he gets his own ideology/mental disease/ism/whatever: Nasoism. How cool is that?

It's the deformed innocent, naive twin of Nixonism.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2011, 08:13:55 AM »

Haters need to GTFO.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2011, 08:15:39 AM »

I want Part III!
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2011, 10:02:37 AM »

I can't help having the feeling this is all some kind of elaborate prank and the joke is on all of us.

The joke's on him in all circumstances. I still don't think he realizes that.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2011, 10:13:01 AM »

Why is this allowed to survive while the Update thread died at the hands of the bloodthirsty moderators?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2011, 10:23:08 AM »

Why is this allowed to survive while the Update thread died at the hands of the bloodthirsty moderators?

Because this is better.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2011, 10:36:29 AM »

This is good, but to call it better indicates you obviously weren't around for the golden era of the Update thread.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2011, 10:54:57 AM »

This is good, but to call it better indicates you obviously weren't around for the golden era of the Update thread.

I witnessed it. It was more pathetic and infuriating.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2011, 10:55:43 AM »

It's literature baby, not a therapy session for someone who can't manage the basics of his life.  That's why.  Got it?

I am impressed by Naso's creative writing ability actually. I was unfamiliar with his abilities here. All I knew was that he could pick away at a guitar a bit.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2011, 02:27:22 PM »

It's stuff like this that makes me believe Naso has real potential to be famous (outside of this place) one day.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2011, 02:29:02 PM »

It's stuff like this that makes me believe Naso has real potential to be famous (outside of this place) one day.

Someone's going to need to take David Caruso's place for whatever roles Caruso fills.
Link
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2011, 03:03:08 PM »

I wish I was around for this "Update" thread.  It sounds glorious.  This thread is a masterpiece.  I never hear stuff like this in real life.  And even if I were to I would be so scared I wouldn't stick around to hear the ending.  With the safety of distance and anonymity on the internet I can relax and enjoy these missives in all their glory.  Do NOT delete this thread.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2011, 03:10:45 PM »

I wish I was around for this "Update" thread.  It sounds glorious.  This thread is a masterpiece.  I never hear stuff like this in real life.  And even if I were to I would be so scared I wouldn't stick around to hear the ending.  With the safety of distance and anonymity on the internet I can relax and enjoy these missives in all their glory.  Do NOT delete this thread.

even with the distance the internet provides, I'm still to scared to read it
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2011, 03:33:32 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2011, 03:35:27 PM by Tommy Carcetti »

I was a trouble maker too, and could get angry, but I think class made a difference. I was clearly an upper middle class kid from "south of the boulevard," who was not afraid to make clear I would not be pushed around, so I was given a long leash. I was also not physical in the way Naso was. My dad wrote me 30 absence excuses at once, because I told him my first period biology teacher was a hopeless dumb and a joke, who could not even get the baby talk text book we used right. Thus I chose to sleep in. I got an ASS in that class, rather than an AEE, for non-attendance. Tongue  In any event, the teachers in general were not that political, some conservative, and almost all betas, particularly the men. But as opebo keeps reminding me, class does matter.

Great story Naso. I am quite enjoying it.

Speaking from personal experience, working class parents are the worst when it comes to education and simply don't understand the purpose of primary schooling. They never treated it as a place for me to learn but as a place to become disciplined and socialized. So naturally I got nothing out of middle school and elementary school.
Link
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2011, 07:37:51 PM »

The media will be jumping at anything and everything. I recall how many times George W. Bush made "epic" comments that "doomed" his 2000 campaign.

When asked who Bush considered was the world's greatest philosopher, he answered:  "Jesus Christ. He changed my life." They jumped all over that.

Now it's really lame. Perry says there is a black cloud hanging over America, they say it's racist. When he say's America needs a President who loves it, they want to see if Perry is "implying" anything. Liberal cowards always do that. I remember in High School when a bully kept messing with me, and I said, "Watch yourself, sometimes things don't turn out so good" and he went to the principal. They asked if I threatened or tried to fight him and I said, "No" and they responded, "but did you imply it?" I laughed in their face. They clearly were not pleased.

How old are you?

I turn 23 years old in October, why?

It just sounded like you had been carrying that story around for awhile and you were itching to tell someone about it.

This was from my first Naso encounter.  I didn't understand why no one reacted to Naso's original post.  Of course I didn't realise that everyone except me was inoculated against these utterances and that there were already multiple threads dedicated to their analysis.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2011, 07:43:20 PM »

The media will be jumping at anything and everything. I recall how many times George W. Bush made "epic" comments that "doomed" his 2000 campaign.

When asked who Bush considered was the world's greatest philosopher, he answered:  "Jesus Christ. He changed my life." They jumped all over that.

Now it's really lame. Perry says there is a black cloud hanging over America, they say it's racist. When he say's America needs a President who loves it, they want to see if Perry is "implying" anything. Liberal cowards always do that. I remember in High School when a bully kept messing with me, and I said, "Watch yourself, sometimes things don't turn out so good" and he went to the principal. They asked if I threatened or tried to fight him and I said, "No" and they responded, "but did you imply it?" I laughed in their face. They clearly were not pleased.

How old are you?

I turn 23 years old in October, why?

It just sounded like you had been carrying that story around for awhile and you were itching to tell someone about it.

This was from my first Naso encounter.  I didn't understand why no one reacted to Naso's original post.  Of course I didn't realise that everyone except me was inoculated against these utterances and that there were already multiple threads dedicated to their analysis.

Please read Naso History. It's glorious.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies