Democratic Hawks Official Response to District 4 Dispute
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:47:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Hawks Official Response to District 4 Dispute
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Hawks Official Response to District 4 Dispute  (Read 557 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 18, 2004, 10:56:25 AM »

Basically, when I cast my vote, it would seem that I was rather vague as to the rules

I saw a ballot listing all districts and their candidates and assumed that I had to chose one candidate for each district rather than just for my preferred candidate in District 4, who was the Democratic candidate Senator Harry

First of all, I cast my vote(s) without putting my state of registration (i.e. Georgia) - so I edited my post to state that I am "Registered in Georgia for Fantasy Elections". I was then advised that I should just vote for Harry in District 4. Subsequently, I further edited my post.

However, then I was informed that the polls had closed and my vote would not be counted because I had edited it. Then thinking that things were as they stood I deledted my vote altogether

I'd like to thank those of you, especially Senator Nym90, who has been my leading advocate,  who have supported my appeal to have my vote counted but then if laws are laws then I guess I don't have a leg to stand on!

I've noticed that King had started a poll on whether my vote should be counted and should you decide to bind yourselves as to the results of that poll or re-run the election for District 4, then I'll be happy with either decision

Finally, I'd just like to apologise to Harry. I acted in good faith and was certanly not out to cause problems

Dave

P.S Should I change my avatar from UK-Demcorat to Georgia-Democrat?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 10:59:08 AM »

Thank you, Democratic Hawk. Do you intend to pursue this to the Court? You have the right to do so, but you alone must balance the relative merits and consequences of this action.

You don't have to change your avatar, the statement that you currently have in your signature is plenty sufficient to ensure that your vote will count next time.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 11:03:21 AM »

Regardless, King's poll has no legal standing and is simply a measure of public opinion.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 11:10:36 AM »

For a start, King's poll is in no way official, and should not be viewed as binding on anyone.

Should you pursue your action to Court?
Thats for you to decide, but here's an indication of what will happen.

You are up against me as I am the Attorney General; I don't know whether thats in your favour or not, but I supposedly I know my stuff.

Second, you will not be popular for pursuing this action to Court, and it will generally lead to scorn being poured on the left.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 11:17:45 AM »

Since it was my mistake, I'm happy to go along with the consensus  in so much as to  not wanting to prolong the matter any further. I guess an edited vote is effectively a spoiled ballot

A Supreme Court challenge, on may part, is likely to cause antipathy and since, politically, I'm a consensus-building pragmatist, I don't want that

Thanks again for your support Nym

Once again I offer my most sincere apologies to Senator Harry

Dave
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 11:25:45 AM »

Thank you for having the magnanimity to not challenge it, Democratic Hawk. I do agree that creating more divisiveness goes against the spirit of Atlasia that I would like us to return to.

It is good to know that there are still some members who support this ideal. I feel that consensus building pragmatisim is very important, and that Atlasia is in need of a strong leader who can bring us back to the days of coalition building and friendly camaraderie among all citizens that we once had in our early days. Is the current Administration up to the challenge?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies