Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 04:37:26 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Off-topic Board (Moderators: Torie, The Mikado, Badger)
| | |-+  Official 2011-2012 Club Soccer/Football thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 27 Print
Author Topic: Official 2011-2012 Club Soccer/Football thread  (Read 20958 times)
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: November 02, 2011, 11:30:21 pm »
Ignore

Philip Marlow's team, of course.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 03, 2011, 10:16:52 pm »
Ignore

What a crazy game !

After a Bayern hattrick (3 goals in a row by Gomez), it's now 3:2 anymore.

And there are also 2 red cards, 1 for each team.

Unfortunately, life as a campaign field director in the week before the election meant that I couldn't watch the game.  Sad

I saw it was 3-1 before the half. From being down by three in the first half to only losing by a goal away against Munich is acceptable.

The scoreline really flatters Napoli. And Cavani is a diving c-word.

He isn't Italian though.  Wink

That clown Babstuber was whining earlier today about how "the Italians" dive when things get tough and we're naturally hot-headed. Ok, maybe that's true but he was undoubtedly referring to the Argentines and Uruguayans on the team, not Italians. Thanks again for that equalizer goal in Naples, dude. Hope you enjoyed the red card, too.

The soon-to-be-re-elected Kings of Kansas.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 04, 2011, 04:21:26 am »
Ignore

You also have to look at this fantastic goal by Lars Stindl from Hannover against Copenhagen yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUkf8r6P1ZA

Apparently, 10.000 of the 28.000 people in the Copenhagen stadium were Hannover fans ... Tongue
Јas
Jas
YaBB God
Malawi

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 06, 2011, 04:14:11 am »
Ignore

The Mons return to the Premier Division Cheesy

Funny 'cause it's true:
Very few people seriously allow facts to affect their opinions.

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 19, 2011, 03:15:00 pm »
Ignore

We had a rather unusual reason for a game cancellation today. Almost funny except that it's anything but:

The Cologne vs Mainz match was cancelled on account of attempted suicide by the referee.

Slit his wrists in his hotel room's bathtub sometime in the morning, to be precise. Motifs unknown so far.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 19, 2011, 04:48:50 pm »
Ignore

Randomly looking at wikipedia, I noticed that his first ever Bundesliga match in 2005 was between the same two teams.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 20, 2011, 09:21:30 am »
Ignore

Ridiculous.

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 20, 2011, 11:38:51 am »
Ignore

I didn't get to see the game but Napoli's 0-0 draw at the San Paolo apparently should have been a blow out for us.  Sad  Hopefully, any holding back was an effort to save energy for an onslaught against Man City on Tuesday.

CultureKing
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 21, 2011, 01:32:18 am »
Ignore

Well Los Angeles won the MLS cup today. I definitely stopped following the playoffs once the Sounders were eliminated, disappointing.

Econ: -6.50, Social: -5.23
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 22, 2011, 11:09:11 am »
Ignore

Today, Manchester City will be humbled before the greatest crowd in Italy.

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 22, 2011, 03:53:31 pm »
Ignore

Cavani restores the lead! 2-1 Napoli!

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 22, 2011, 04:37:28 pm »
Ignore

We did it! We did it! We did it! My God!

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 29, 2011, 04:27:26 pm »
Ignore

One of the most unreal games of the season in Serie A right now. Napoli was up 2-0 then 3-1. It's now 3-3 with ten minutes to go.

Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 29, 2011, 09:22:08 pm »
Ignore

Can someone explain to me why there is both a Carling Cup that no one takes seriously apparently and an FA Cup later in the season which are basically the same tournament?

At the very least, this turn of events seems to validate my prediction that Americans are ready and willing to fully embrace fascism.
I dreamed about Lief spanking Rand Paul.
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 30, 2011, 12:31:07 am »
Ignore

Can someone explain to me why there is both a Carling Cup that no one takes seriously apparently and an FA Cup later in the season which are basically the same tournament?

Is it like the preseason and postseason NIT?

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: November 30, 2011, 07:00:31 am »
Ignore

There's always been a cup for all members of the Football League as was and one for potentially all teams (but not all in the same year). The latter (the FA cup) has always mattered more than the League Cup. It used to matter more than the title, to some people anyway.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: November 30, 2011, 01:10:47 pm »
Ignore

So, yeah. Bruce has been sacked. Knew he was under pressure (a good season this has not been thus far), but this seems a little early. If the replacement is rubbish I will not be happy.

Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 30, 2011, 01:11:38 pm »
Ignore

So, yeah. Bruce has been sacked. Knew he was under pressure (a good season this has not been thus far), but this seems a little early. If the replacement is rubbish I will not be happy.

Shame - he actually did a decent job at Brum.
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: November 30, 2011, 01:15:27 pm »
Ignore

Shame - he actually did a decent job at Brum.

He hardly did a terrible job with us, even if this season hasn't been great.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: December 01, 2011, 11:00:09 pm »
Ignore

Anyways, the beeb do report that Martin O'Neill has agreed to take over. This is excellent news if true, though a slight concern must remain; Sunderland haven't always responded so well to change at the top. Fingers crossed though.

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 02, 2011, 01:53:43 am »
Ignore

Yesterday, Red Bull Salzburg defeated Paris Saint-Germain by 2:0 in the Europa League !

So, they are in a good position to advance to the best 32, because the final game is against Bratislava, which is currently last - while Paris has to play the leader Bilbao.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_UEFA_Europa_League_group_stage#Group_F
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: December 03, 2011, 01:59:38 pm »
Ignore

O'Neill has been officially appointed and will take over on Monday.

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 03, 2011, 03:37:57 pm »
Ignore

Napoli up 3-0 at the half against Lecce. I don't think we can blow this lead. Smiley

Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 04, 2011, 12:24:26 pm »
Ignore

Roma is spanked 0-3 in Florence while going down to eight men. Juventus continues their unbeaten streak after a scare from Cesena at home. Sad

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: December 04, 2011, 12:47:40 pm »
Ignore

Yeah, this match is incredibly depressing.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout