Official 2011-2012 Club Soccer/Football thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:58:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Official 2011-2012 Club Soccer/Football thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official 2011-2012 Club Soccer/Football thread  (Read 64220 times)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« on: August 22, 2011, 02:55:48 AM »

Didn't really foresee myself making a MLS comment... but it's nice to see Robbie Keane get a well taken debut goal for LA Galaxy.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 09:10:39 AM »

Last year I decided that I would support Hamilton Academical because they had the best name in Britain. They were promptly relegated to the First Division. Accies are in first place for now, though.

Accies is good but for me Inverness Caledonian Thistle edges a win there.
I regret though that they no longer dance on the streets of Total Network Solutions.

Didn't really foresee myself making a MLS comment... but it's nice to see Robbie Keane get a well taken debut goal for LA Galaxy.

I would have preferred to see Robbie in hoops. However, I wish him the best in the California sun while Celtic are losing at home to St Johnstone....ugh.

I'm not sure at what point I stopped paying any attention whatever to SPL - but it's been a while. I'm now vaguely aware who the defending champions are from year to year.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 08:48:19 AM »

Well done to Shamrock Rovers, with the help of a fantastic volley the other night they're first Irish club side to make the group stage of a European competition.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 04:07:29 AM »
« Edited: August 27, 2011, 04:13:29 AM by Јas »

When did the current dire state of Scottish football start anyway? Like most people south of the border I only phase in and out occasionally; like Patrick wrote it's not that long ago that things were quite different.

Judging by UEFA league co-efficients, about 5 years ago.

Presuming Celtic aren't put into the CL group stage, the SPL will collapse from being the 17th ranked league in Europe (around the likes of Austria, Cyprus, Israel and the Czechs) to around 30th (between the likes of Georgia, Finland, Bosnia and Ireland) at season end.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 09:00:47 AM »

Sorry, yes, indeed so.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 03:32:26 AM »

Anyways, will Wenger soon be getting a vote of confidence from the board?

And so it is.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 11:51:39 AM »

lol Man City
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 03:41:10 AM »

Fine then. I was trying to keep the good people of Wales out of this, but nooooo.

I think you're going to have to continue to revise your statement.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies