Official 2011-2012 Club Soccer/Football thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:56:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Official 2011-2012 Club Soccer/Football thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official 2011-2012 Club Soccer/Football thread  (Read 64043 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« on: September 24, 2011, 12:55:55 PM »

Marseille made his 1st win Wednesday in championship, that began in early August, against Evian Thonon Gaillard, lol, and wow, is leading against Valenciennes!

Borussia can begin to thrill.

Damn I find myself admiring Lille...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 10:46:52 AM »

Excited for the North London Derby tomorrow morning!

Few years ago would have been North London vs. France. Now they broke one of the last French still there (Sagna, which makes the 5th French player broken for next international matches of France team), beside Wenger, in case he finishes the year (he already has a job of commentator for a few years on TF1 anyhow, and wouldn't be surprised he succeeds to Laurent Blanc someday...).

Also English people pronounce "derby" strangely.

French as well. Pronounced kinda like 'dehr-bee'.

Italian and old is a lapalissade as we would say in French (way to say a redundancy).

Oh and, new not won match for Marseille!

Then, so far Marseille, one of the biggest French club, won against:

Evian Thonon Gaillard (1st year in L1)
Olympiakos (champion of Greece)
Borussia Dortmund (champion of Germany, 3-0)

And apparently Qatari millions would be profitable in Paris, won against the other big team right now, Lyon, yesterday, and they seem to be in a quite positive dynamic so far, and if I believe commentators, they don't only goal, they play well (life is unfair...).

And Qataris try to get Beckham!

A fashion victim in Paris, normal.

I would like to see faces of Parisian supporters with all those sudden Christmases suddenly happening to them, they were used to good old boring matches so far, with arrogant bad players, was kinda their way since the the late 90snow they have humble very expensive good players like Pastore...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 11:10:34 AM »

How is Lugano playing in the PSG? He was a hero in both Sao Paulo and Fenerbahçe. And the captain of Uruguayan national team.

When he received the award to Uruguay for Fair Play in the Copa America another player joked that it was like Osama Bin Laden winning the Nobel Prize of Peace.

Well, I didn't see PSG matches, but so far he didn't play a lot, only 2 or 3 matches iirc, but if I believe commentators he is rather discrete so far.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 09:19:18 AM »

Nah, tricky, all surprise teams are tricky. Especially unknown ones.

Disappointed.

Very fine to have OM-Inter though, typically the kind of teams that could fit OM and that could eventually, make them play, if they wish...

Lyon would be the best of the 2 French, with rather good players such as Bastos, Lisandro, Karlström, Gomis, etc, but they really are irregular.

Marseille hasn't found back his spirit from the early 90s, which awoke me to professional football, but they are always able of surprises, best ones like worst ones, not done, but doable.

I'm actually more hopeful (and anyways interested), in Marseille doing it against Inter than Lyon against Nicosia. Grin

tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 09:51:15 AM »

Maybe that would at least do 2 players that wouldn't be afraid to come to OM then, it's been often recently said that several players didn't come to OM because they were scared of the security situation in Marseille...

Unless that's some of new jerseys used this year that scares them:

Thankfully they also tried to speak a bit to tradition:

tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 04:51:45 PM »

Wenger needs to be sacked. That was an embarrassment.

Congrats to him if he succeeds not to be ousted after this year. Blanc would have to go further 1/4 finals in the Euro in case he wants to continue, because it already goes messy around him in the federation, so Arsène could quickly find a new job.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 02:16:17 PM »

Arsenal without Arsène would just be weird. I never knew it. I knew Wenger, when, once upon a time, he was in Monaco though, and then moved to London, and brought all those good Monaco players with him (Henry and Petit for those I remind of). Maybe he should consider do the travel back, Monaco (which used to be in the top French clubs in the 90s) being...19th of...L2 now (yay!).
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 02:24:41 PM »

ET QUAND LE VIRAAAAAAAAAAAAGE SE MET A CHANTEEEEEEEER

C'EST TOUT LE STADE QUI VA S'ENFLAMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

ALLEEEEEEEEEEEEZ ALLEEEEEEEEEEZ

ALLEEEEEEEEEEZ ALLEEEEEEEEZ

ALLEZ ALLEZ

A-LLEZ A-LLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLEZ L'OOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Let's enjoy Ayew bros before they flee to England now that they become at their best...just like well, all good players of the French championship!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies