Name Your Credentials
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:17:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Name Your Credentials
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Name Your Credentials  (Read 8055 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2011, 03:13:37 AM »

Well, you've spent your entire life smoking weeds... that's something Wink

Yes, but this isn't a drug focused site is it - or is it?  Tongue

I would estimate that a not-insignificant portion of this forum posts while under the influence of cannabis. And/or cat drugs.

As to your first sentence, I can only speak for myself. Tongue  What the F are "cat drugs" by the way?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Xrcp6k8VE
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2011, 03:45:29 PM »

Well, you've spent your entire life smoking weeds... that's something Wink

Yes, but this isn't a drug focused site is it - or is it?  Tongue

I would estimate that a not-insignificant portion of this forum posts while under the influence of cannabis. And/or cat drugs.

As to your first sentence, I can only speak for myself. Tongue  What the F are "cat drugs" by the way?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Xrcp6k8VE

WE NEED TO MAKE IT ILLEGAL ASAP!!!!!

Won't anyone think of the children?
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2011, 06:22:50 PM »

I like to masturbate a lot, live with my parents and can grow a beard. You can't find a combination like that anywhere else.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2011, 02:52:44 PM »

What is everyone's credentials on politics, economics, and other current events?  Please explain why I or anyone else on the forum should take your opinions seriously.  I'll be honest; I'm just a teen with some opinions.  A fairly well-read and informed person, but one with little experience in the "real world".  How about you?

Prompted by this exchange:
Got to love the armchair experts in this thread Atlas.

Seriously. Outside the 3 or 4 actual professionals here, doesn't that constitute all of us? Grin

I ran for office in 2003 in PEI provincially
I was also the president of the PEI NDP youth wing.
I ran for office in 2006 in Toronto municipally
I predicted, riding by riding, the 2011 election in Canada closer than anyone else, like, in the world
More importantly:
I am Teddy
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2011, 02:57:34 PM »

What is everyone's credentials on politics, economics, and other current events?  Please explain why I or anyone else on the forum should take your opinions seriously.  I'll be honest; I'm just a teen with some opinions.  A fairly well-read and informed person, but one with little experience in the "real world".  How about you?

Prompted by this exchange:
Got to love the armchair experts in this thread Atlas.

Seriously. Outside the 3 or 4 actual professionals here, doesn't that constitute all of us? Grin

I predicted, riding by riding, the 2011 election in Canada closer than anyone else, like, in the world
More importantly:
I am Teddy

How many votes did you receive in your two runs for office?
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2011, 02:58:48 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2011, 03:01:38 PM by Teddy (SoFE) »

78 and 511

I beat the party provincewide average, slightly, and in Toronto, I beat someone and finished 3rd out of 4, without any campaigning, just by declaring myself the pro-tranist candidate.*

(someone tried to tell me that this was impossible and I didn't know what I was talking about when I claimed I could do it. As usual, when someone tries to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about when I insist that I do, I proved them wrong in the long run)
lowtech redneck
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2011, 03:09:53 PM »

Bachelors Degree in Political Science (IR and Comparative), two years of Grad school before burning out (right in time for a prolonged recession).  I also live with my parents and masturbate a lot, but I can't grow a beard to save my life.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2011, 03:12:04 PM »

I hope to one day fill this out with my absolutely bs credentials.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2012, 04:47:09 PM »

Well, I attended Juilliard, and I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school.  I travel quite extensively.  I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that.  I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK?!  You think I'm qualified?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2012, 04:57:21 PM »

Well, I attended Juilliard, and I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school.  I travel quite extensively.  I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that.  I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK?!  You think I'm qualified?

To play Batman? No.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2012, 05:00:59 PM »

soon to be an Ivy League graduate, volunteered/interned and personally involved with relatively powerful Long Island progressive group (http://lipc.org if you're interested) and worked at an AFL-CIO sponsored research type institute for 3 months.  not much but also not nothing, more than when I started posting here as a preteen nitwit.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2012, 05:02:37 PM »

I feel like I'm being criticized. Surely the font gave you the cue that it was sarcasm?

I didn't read your post.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2012, 05:16:33 PM »

Hmmm....

-Youngest (and most frequently absent) member of local Republican club.
-Met Allen West 16 times.
-Met Marco Rubio once.
-Met Rudy Giuliani twice, first time shook his hand, second time yelling at him as a mob attacked from all sides to meet him.
-Met a handfull of local mayors.
-Adviser to my Uncles "exploratory committee" to run for City Council (actually it was my Aunt, Uncle and myself watching TV as we debated it. It aint happening for a while).
-Soon to be adviser for the guy who owns the gas station at the end of my streets campaign for City Commission.
-Occasional Tea Party protester.
-Frequent Allen West townhall attendee. I heckle the hecklers.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2012, 05:24:44 PM »

- Handed out literature for a local ballot referendum in 2009
- Worked for Pat Toomey's Senate campaign and Onorato's Gubernatorial campaign in 2010
- Handed out literature for the Libertarian Party in May 2010 and October 2010

That's about it.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2012, 05:30:16 PM »

I don't have any, I'm just some guy.

I'm a fairly active member of the Labour Party, so I guess I know people who have credentials - people who work for MPs, researchers, etc, etc.  Tongue
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2012, 06:16:26 PM »

soon to be an Ivy League graduate, volunteered/interned and personally involved with relatively powerful Long Island progressive group (http://lipc.org if you're interested) and worked at an AFL-CIO sponsored research type institute for 3 months.  not much but also not nothing, more than when I started posting here as a preteen nitwit.

Come on, you have to tell us which one.

http://www.ilr.cornell.edu/uli/    I suppose this answers both potential questions.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2012, 11:24:03 PM »

More importantly:
I am Teddy

I feel the need to add:

I am not an extremist, I am a pragmatist.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2012, 11:34:07 PM »

- Member of my high school debate team for all of freshman year
- Currently a Junior State of America Club member (won an award for a speech I gave in a debate about the Bush tax cuts)
- Attended the Rally to Restore Sanity
- Because I care, dammit
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2012, 11:48:55 PM »

Ranking member if the 11th grade political-intellectual cabal, member of an online politics forum, founder if the Feudalist Party (like us on facebook!), & frequent reader of books. I really should get more active. I want to look into working the booths at the local community center on election night or something. I need a starting point to move up the ladder.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2012, 11:49:44 AM »

Is this where we can act like pompous boastful assholes? Cool!

9.0 GPA, fall 2011 semester (A+, A, A, A, A-)
8.7 CGPA, first year; meaning that I saved my scholarship which only 20ish percent can save and which means that Allan Rock probably hates me because he can't make money from me
12 university credits from IB courses, talking about IB...
37/45 IB Diploma. Only 10.17% of students worldwide did better (13.41% did as well or better). +7.45 above world mean
top 2% of worldwide May 2010 IB History HL students with a 7 grade (out of 29,924 candidates); a really hard exam filled with bullsh**t
top 11% of worldwide May 2010 Group 3/history extended essay with A grade (23,732 candidates)
top 16% of worldwide May 2010 IB English HL students with a 6 grade (out of 36,101 candidates)
Ontario Scholars Award (80%+ average)
OCDSB Silver Medal (90%+ average)
A sh**tload of feel-good awards in MS+HS for being a good student/citizen, for being good in French or doing well in math without giving a sh**t.

AND...

top 67% of worldwide IB Biology HL students with a 4 grade! Considering how I sucked epically at bio and never understood jacksh**t, I'm surprised it's not the top 100%. 33% of the world sucks more than I do at bio!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2012, 07:04:17 PM »

I feel like I'm being criticized. Surely the font gave you the cue that it was sarcasm?

Using a different font for sarcasm might be the stupidest thing that has happened on the Internet.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2012, 08:10:28 PM »

I have an internet connection.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2012, 09:08:09 PM »

-I got all 4's and 5's on APs.
-2060 SAT (not worth bragging about but whatever)
-fairly prominent in my state's party

That's about it. I'm that guy who everyone considers to be really smart but I will never win a Student of the Month-type award because of the way I carry myself and the fact that I only recently started to put forth minimal effort at school.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2012, 09:17:52 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2012, 09:38:13 PM by Yelnoc »

I don't know why I made this thread.

Huh
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2012, 09:29:07 PM »

I don't know why I made this thread.

*confusedsmileywhichthisforumaparentlydoesnothave*

Huh

EDIT: Also, this times a billion -

Using a different font for sarcasm might be the stupidest thing that has happened on the Internet.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies