Three 2012 scenarios (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:30:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Three 2012 scenarios (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: A sof today, what is your prediction?
Close election

Obama does better in 2012

GOP blowout

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Three 2012 scenarios  (Read 3201 times)
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« on: August 21, 2011, 10:53:15 AM »

Picking up WI or PA for the GOP wouldn't be part of a blowout, just a comfortable victory.  WI is very close to reach especially with Feingold not being on any ticket now and our dominance in the state.  The WI GOP effectively controls the party in many ways - Ryan as our policy pointman, Reince Preibus, Walker, etc.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 07:27:37 PM »

I disagree about 1992 - I think it was a realigning election when you consider New England and the Pacific Coast falling to democrats (partic w. Vermont and Maine).  The South didn't really start expanding for republicans until 2000/2002 (yes it was happening earlier, but it wasnt as titanic a shift like Cali and the New England movement).  2010 was a realigning election - the industrial, post-union power midwest is moving toward the GOP.  This will be likely affirmed in 2012 with Iowa, Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania going GOP with Minnesota close behind.  The mountain west is moving toward its position as the major swing region along with a swingish trend developing in a couple of the mid atlantic states/upper southern coast (NJ, VA, NC) and ME & NH returning to republican roots. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies