Three 2012 scenarios (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:36:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Three 2012 scenarios (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: A sof today, what is your prediction?
Close election

Obama does better in 2012

GOP blowout

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Three 2012 scenarios  (Read 3202 times)
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« on: August 21, 2011, 06:49:24 AM »
« edited: August 21, 2011, 06:53:30 AM by captain copernicus »

I think Obama's approval drops into the 30s and he adds Missouri and Georgia but at this point I'm probably just trying to be contrarian.

In truth, the direction of the economy and the Republican primaries are foggy enough that any of your scenarios are in the realm of possibility.  My bet is basically a repeat of the 2008 map with one or two states changing in either direction.

If Obama's approval hits the 30s in October 2012, there is no way he will win Missouri, Georgia, etc. He will definitely lose Indiana, Florida, North Carolina, Ohio, Colorado, Nevada and possibly a lot more.

I believe this will be a close election. It is still Obama's to lose - but the economy is not looking good. To win, the president has to hold four of the following five: Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Virginia and Iowa. Things look good for now - but if the economy continues to sour and the stock market tanks, I have a feeling he'll be upside down vs Romney in all of those states by election day.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies