Madame President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:52:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Madame President
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Who should be Palin's Vice President Pick?
Judd Gregg
Michele Bachmann
Mitch Daniels
Other
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Madame President  (Read 18398 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2011, 11:37:56 AM »
« edited: August 28, 2011, 11:42:01 AM by NHI »

Election Day turnout by rough estimates was larger than it expected. Most predicted it would topple 2008's record number. Many people waited hours in line to cast their votes, and as for the punditry, the high turnout could mean two things: An Obama landslide, or a Palin victory.

People wait in line at a polling place in Florida.

The President flew home with First Lady Michele Obama to cast their votes in Illinois. Upon voting the President stated, "After this I'm done running." A reporter called out to the President and asked if he expected victory. He smiled and only said, "I expect to win this state, I'm not going to comment on anything else."

Obama signals his final election.

The Republican candidate Sarah Palin was one of the first people to cast her vote at her polling place. Accompanied by the whole Palin family, she was cautious in her prediction of the election results.

"We're going to see what happens. I don't ever trust the polls, I trust the people, and tonight they'll make their decision but we're hopeful."

Across the country in the Granite State the residents of Dixville Notch carried on their tradition of voting in the middle of the night, like always the results were reported throughout America. In 2000 and 2004 Bush won and Obama carried it in 2008 in a landslide. Yet, in 2012 the results were a bit different.
Obama narrowly edged out Palin, but only by one votes, which sent shockwaves throughout the state and through the campaigns.

Dixville Notch Results:
Obama: 15/21 votes.
Palin:    14/21 votes

National Polling: Obama vs. Palin
Obama 48%
Palin 48%

Election Night 2012

Matthews: Good Evening and welcome to MSNBC's election night coverage of campaign 2012, the race for White House. Tonight it comes down to this, President Obama fights the fight of his life, with Gov. Sarah Palin, the former governor of Alaska, looking to pull the upset of her career and in American politics and make history. We're joined by our great political team, Ed Schultz, Joe Scarbourgh and Rachel Maddow.

Maddow: Thank you Chris, and the polls have just closed in a series of states from Vermont to South Carolina this hour and we have a projection to make in the Presidential race. When all the votes are in and counted we expect Pres. Obama to win the state of Vermont.
60.8%  38.6%

Maddow: We also project for Gov. Palin the states of South Carolina and Kentucky.
39.4%  59.9%

41.5%  57.7%

Obama 3
Palin 17

Scarbourgh: And it is Palin with an early lead, but the polls are still outstanding in Georgia, Virginia and Indiana. So Chris, this race ain't over yet.

Maddow: No it's not Joe. Palin will do well in the states of Kentucky and South Carolina, by large margins, but where we need to look at Virginia, it was a state that both of them contested heavily, but looking at the margin right now it is Pres. Obama with a thin lead.

Matthews: I suspect that the President will carry this state, and may get Indiana.

Scarbourgh: Come on Chris, you and I both know he won't get that state. Now Sarah Palin has come along way from 2008 and I think we're all underestimating the ability of this woman.

Schultz: The ability of this woman? I don't think so my friends. She is still a fringe candidate and will not be elected President of the United States.

Matthews: Hold on, we are now projecting Gov. Palin the winner in the state of Indiana. Sarah Palin will get the state of Indiana.

47.4%  51.9%

Matthews: It's an old Republican stomping ground, I didn't think Palin could hold it, but she has proved me wrong tonight.

Obama 3
Palin 28

Matthews: We'll be back with more coverage of election night 2012, and I've got a feeling it's going to be a long night. We'll be right back.

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2011, 02:22:17 PM »

=S
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2011, 08:00:31 PM »

Matthews: Welcome back to MSNBC's Election Night coverage of campaign 2012. We turn now to Chuck Todd who has been traveling with the President today and now joins us at our studio.

Todd: Hello Chris, well THe President has kept a low profile today, save for his trip with the First Lady back to Illinois, but once he got back to DC he has kept out of the limelight. He's now with the First Family in the residence awaiting the results.

Scarbough: Hi Chuck, what about Virginia that is certainly the state everyone is watching right now, certainly at the White House.

Todd: Yes, the President is concerned about this state, he was leading narrowly in the state, but that lead has almost decimated and he is about even with Sarah Palin. The state does have a Republican Governor, Bob McDonald and he's been helpful to the GOP candidates.

Maddow: Sorry to interrupt guys, but MSNBC is now calling the state of Georgia and it's sixteen electoral votes for Gov. Palin.

46.4%  52.1%

Obama 3
Palin 44

Scarbough: Georgia was a state the Obama camp tried to win and even six months ago that was seen as a slight possibility, but Sarah Palin keeps it in the column of the GOP and that is certainly good news for the Palin/Huntsman.

Schultz: I tell you if this woman manages to pull an upset, and I still think it's a long shot, this is going to be a different country this time tomorrow and I don't know if it's for the better.

Maddow: We also have some senate races to project in the state of Indiana Dick Lugar has been reelected by a large margin, not as big as he received in 2006, but it looks to be a respectable margin.

Matthews: Sorry to interrupt Rachel, but we now project Gov. Palin the winner in West Virginia. A GOP stronghold remains that way tonight!

43.4%  56.5%%

Obama 3
Palin 49

Matthews: We'll be right back.

Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2011, 09:16:08 PM »

I hope its not even close.

Based on the recent economic panic, Palin should win this one with 340-380 EV's. 
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2011, 09:18:10 PM »

Continue!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2011, 10:37:38 PM »
« Edited: August 29, 2011, 10:49:42 AM by NHI »

Matthews: We're back with MSNBC's coverage of Election Night 2012. Um, Joe we haven't really discussed throughout the last leg of this cycle Jon Huntsman and his effect? Your thoughts?

Scarbough: Certainly he helped attract moderates to Palin, just looking at the exit polling we received, but in terms of flipping states like say New Hampshire we'll have to weight in see. I'll tell you what Chris, if she wins this tonight Palin has to give Huntsman his credit, because despite the economy's condition I think Huntsman was the wisest move-

Matthews: A Kennedy picking Johnson move.

Scarbough: It could be Chris, we'll have to weight and see, but in many ways Huntsman who was written off after the primaries has a bright future in the party if Palin wins tonight.

Matthews: We talk about a Palin win for the Presidency, but what about the congressional shakeup? The Republicans have Congress and I'm sure they'll still have it tomorrow, but will Palin's coattails stretch to the senate.

Maddow: If it's a trifecta then this country is fundamentally on a different course.

Schultz: And for the worse. I just am mind boggled if she wins this election tonight. I mean we're talking about Sarah Palin possibly becoming President.

Scarbough: Ed, I wish you wouldn't attack this woman in the manner in which you do. She's not perfect but she has a lot to benefit from. This economy is stalled and if she can turn it around more power too it. Barack Obama hasn't been able to.

Matthews: I need to interrupt guys, but it is the eight o'clock hour and we are ready to project a series of states for the two candidates, Rachel.

Maddow: Thanks Chris, MSNBC is now projecting for the President the following states: Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, Delaware, Illinois, Maine and The District of Columbia

59.9%  39.9%

60.5%  38.7%

60.9%  38.7%

60.5%  39.1%

61.5%  37.0%

53.9%  45.0%

90.0%  7.7%

Maddow: And for Governor Palin we project her the winner in: Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Oklahoma and Missouri.

40.2%  58.7%

38.4%  60.2%

39.5%  60.7%

37.1%  61.7%

44.5%  55.3%

Obama 60
Palin 92

Maddow: And there stands the electoral map at this hour, 90-60, and many states still cannot be called.

Matthews: We should also note that in the state of Maine, they do there delegates proportionately up there, we're only giving President Obama three of the four electoral delegates at this time.

Scarbough: I don't like the sound of that Chris.

Matthews: What?

Scarbough: I mean you've got New Hampshire, a Congressional District in Maine and New Jersey too. What does this mean to you Chris, I mean we are possibly looking at a victory we haven't seen since Ronald Reagan.

Matthews: I think you're overstating the woman's chances. She may do well, but I don't think she'll get New Jersey or New Hampshire.

Maddow: We are also projecting that Scott Brown has defeated challenger Elizabeth Warren by a margin of 52-46. Scott Brown has been reelected, now to a six year term of his own.

Matthews: I expected Brown to do well, Warren ran against a smart, charming guy who connects with the people. Even though he was in Washington he never came across as being from there, Warren did.

Scarbough: Like his opponent four years ago, what was her name, Martha...

Schultz: Coakley. Martha Coakley.

Maddow: This just in the Associated Press is now calling, and based on the votes MSNBC has received we are now making the same call in the state of North Carolina. We are projecting that Governor Palin will carry the state tonight.

Scarbough: (Chuckles), oh what a night, jeez.

46.9%  52.3%

Obama 60
Palin 107

Matthews: We'll have more coverage and analysis when we return, stay with us.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2011, 11:45:43 AM »

Matthews: We're back and we're now joined by GOP Chairman Reince Priebus. How is everything looking for your side tonight?

Priebus: Thanks for having me on tonight Chris, I think the American people are speaking loud and clear and I believe before the night's out Sarah Palin will be the next President.

Matthews: Ha. Excuse me, but honestly if this woman is elected and say we still have a divided government can she effectively govern?

Priebus: Chris, don't underestimate Sarah Palin. As governor in Alaska she was a reformer and-

Matthews: Pardon me Mr. Chairman, but we have a projection that I'm sure you'll want to hear. MSNBC is now projecting that will carry the state of Arkansas.

41.5%  57.7%

Matthews: Another traditional Republican state, but your gal seems to be racking it up tonight.

Priebus: Chris as I said earlier Sarah Palin is going to do very well tonight and will be the 45th President of the United States.

Matthews: Thank you Chairman Rience Priebus. And now we'll turn it over to Rachel who have some updates on the senate races.

Maddow: Thanks Chris, with thirty-three seats up for grabs in these races MSNBC is now calling for Tim Kaine in the Senate race in Virginia, by a margin of 51-48. And in Vermont Bernie Sanders has been reelected by a margin of 69-27. Also in Maine Olympia Snowe has been reelected, despite a third candidate entrance. She has won with a margin of 50-40. With the third party candidate taking around 9 percent.

Matthews: Thanks Rachel, now turn back to that congressional district in Maine. Pres. Obama holds a narrow lead over Gov. Palin, but we cannot project it yet.

MAINE CD:
Obama 50.19%
Palin 47.95%

Scarbough: In 2004 this congressional district almost narrowly went for Bush, now if she is able to swing it tonight it would not only be the first time the district has broken from what the rest of the state has done, but also signal a potential realignment.

Matthews: To be frank, if she gets New Jersey, a state which hasn't voted Republican since George Herbert Walker Bush, than America has fundamentally swung to the right.

Scarbough: Chris, I'm telling you this all began in 2009 with people like Chris Christie getting elected and formation of the Tea Party. The country does not like the liberal agenda that has really been active since 2006 when the Democrats came to power. It then finished with the election of Barack Obama in 2008. America is a center right country and while Palin is more to the right I think she's smart enough to realize that America is not too far to the right and that she must moderate in order to be successful.

Matthews: I'll agree with you on that. Palin is a great politician. Anyone that could rebound like her certainly deserves credit, and if she can defeat Barack Obama then she truly is one of the greatest politicians in modern American history.

Maddow: Hate to cut in but we have a projection. MSNBC is now calling Virginia for Sarah Palin. MSNBC is projecting the state of Virginia for Sarah Palin.

47.5%  51.7%

Obama 60
Palin 126

Maddow: Another swing state has gone for the governor and certainly one that was thought over intensely.

Matthews: I did not figure that Palin would carry the state, but just by looking at the exit polling Palin did well among women voters and voters in the rural areas.

Scarbough: I'm sure as more results come in we'll have a much better picture as to Palin's margins across the state and country. But Virginia is certainly a swing state and it wasn't expected to go to her, and now that she's carried it I think we're seeing the end of Barack Obama's campaign.

Maddow: We're now looking at the results coming in from New Jersey and it is still Barack Obama with a lead over Gov. Palin.

New Jersey:
Obama 50.0%
Palin  48.9%

Maddow: Now, MSNBC is now calling the state for the President, so the President's team can breathe a sign of relief knowing that New Jersey has gone Democratic again.

50.0%  48.9%

Matthews: Well the Jersey Shore remains with the Democrat, still thinking it'll be a landslide Joe?

Scarbough: It's one state and frankly I'm shocked we're making the call with that close, but the fact that Palin did so well in the state clearly shows a shift in this country.

Obama 74
Palin 126

Matthews: We need to take a short break, but we'll return with more coverage of Election Night 2012.

Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2011, 12:40:42 PM »

mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2011, 07:37:00 PM »

I thought Obama was LEADING Palin in Kentucky... Wink
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2011, 10:18:52 PM »

Matthews: Welcome back to MSNBC's election night coverage. We're now turning to MSNBC host of the Last Word, here is Lawrence O'Donnell, what do you make of tonight?

O'Donnell: I think I'll be migrating to Canada. (Laughs) But I maybe visiting more often. Look it's been the economy and unfortunately the President has been mired in it.

Schultz: The fact is we are dealing with a woman who is reliant on her religious beliefs, rather than on the government.

Matthews: We're going to have to cut in fellas, let's turn it over to Rachel once more.

Maddow: Thank you Chris, it is the nine o'clock hour and MSNBC is calling the following states for President Obama. Rhode Island, New York, and Minnesota.

60.9%  38.4%

60.5%  38.7%

55.5%  44.7%

Maddow: And for Gov. Palin we are projecting the states of: Texas, Louisiana, Nebraska, Kansas, South Dakota, Wyoming and Colorado.

42.1%  57.7%

39.5%  59.7%

39.5%  60.7%

40.0%  59.3%

40.5%  58.7%

37.5%  61.7%

45.5%  53.7%

Obama 117
Palin 198

Matthews: Wow, that is quite a showing, Joe.

Scarbough: It's the beginning of the end Chris. I know you don't want to admit it.

Matthews: No, no, I'll admit it Joe, but no one has reached 270 electoral votes yet.

Scarbough: Colorado went quickly, Michigan is up in the air, Wisconsin, followed New Mexico. Chris those three states should be in the Democratic column. The American people have rejected Barack Obama's policies, Barack Obama's economy and they're rejecting Barack Obama as President. He's a nice guy, he gives a nice speech, but he has failed as a president.

Maddow: Chris, Joe, friends. Sorry to intervene in this convo but we have a projection to make in Florida, Gov. Palin will carry the state. MSNBC is calling Florida for Sarah Palin

47.5%  51.7%

Obama 117
Palin 227

Maddow: And there you have it.

Scarbough: Chris, I just don't see how many more ways it can be rationalized. The Obama camp has got to be uptight now.

O'Donnell: Look, Pres. Obama shouldn't be nervous. The electoral map is still in his favor. Florida really shouldn't be a surprise. It was the site of the Republican Convention, Palin did lead in a few polls, so it shouldn't be a great shock here.

Schultz: I can't see Wisconsin or Michigan voting for Palin, I just can't.

Scarbough: I'm sorry Ed, but with this economy I think it is possible. The problem is many people in the media and many on the left have underestimated this woman, just like they did Ronald Reagan. I don't want to draw the comparisons, because there are differences, but Palin has been unfairly underestimated. She is a fighter and I do believe- I know she's going to cross that line because of two factors: The economy and her upbeat campaign. She tapped into what voters wanted and it wasn't something Pres. Obama was offering.

Maddow: Just from some of the exit polling we've received it seems like Independents have flocked from Obama to Palin, a major shift from 2008.

Matthews: We just received this picture courtesy of the AP. It is President Obama watching the election results in family residence of the White House, about an hour or so ago. What do you make of this photo? Ed?

Schultz: I see a man who has weathered a lot, after being dealt a lot.

O'Donnell: Whatever happens tonight, if Barack Obama skids across the finish line, or if Palin is elected the next President still has a mess on their hands. We have China to worry about, ongoing wars, and millions of people out of work.

AP picture, Obama at the White House.

Scarbough: Let's just look at the results at some of the states still in question.

Ohio:
Palin 49.6%
Obama 49.4%

Pennsylvania:
Palin 50.0%
Obama 49.4%

Arizona:
Palin 50.9%
Obama 48.4%

New Hampshire:
Palin 50.1%
Obama 49.4%

New Mexico:
Obama 48.8%
Palin  48.6%

Michigan:
Palin 50.2%
Obama 48.9%

Maine CD:
Obama 49.6%
Palin 48.9%

Matthews: We'll be back after a short break with MSNBC's election night coverage. Stay with us.

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2011, 09:32:05 AM »

I really like the way you show their unease.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2011, 12:37:12 PM »

I really like the way you show their unease.

Thanks.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2011, 05:33:12 PM »

Matthews: And we're back to MSNBC's coverage of Election Night 2012. We are nearing the ten o'clock hour and Rachel before we go to more projection what is the outlook of the senate races shaping up to be?

Maddow: Thank Chris. Well The Democrats had control of the senate and looked to hold onto it, but it appears that the senate will once more be held by the Republicans. The GOP now controls both Houses of Congress, save for the White House. Now President Obama is looking at a divided government in January.

Scarbough: If he is reelected, Rachel.

Schultz: You do realize we're talking about Sarah Palin, right Joe.

Scarbough: Well Ed, a year ago I would have thought we would be discussing the election of Mitt Romney, but Sarah Palin managed to topple him and with the economy the way it is I don't see a way Barack Obama wins this thing, even with Ohio and Pennsylvania still outstanding.

Maddow: Again, my apologies for interrupting boys, but we have projection to make in Pennsylvania. MSNBC is now calling the state of Pennsylvania for Sarah Palin.

48.9%  50.5%

Obama 117
Palin 227

O'Donnell: Wow.

Matthews: You can say that again Lawrence. I did not expect my old state to trend with the GOP, but clearly we are witnessing something big here.

Scarbough: You've hit it Chris. I'm not sure this will be as big as Clinton in 1992, or Reagan in 1980, but it is significant, because it appears to be heading towards a plurality in the electoral count and a clear majority in the electoral count.

Maddow: It now ten o'clock on the east coast and MNSBC is now projecting the winners in the following states. Utah for Gov. Palin.

28.5%  70.7%

Maddow: We are also projecting Montana for the Governor as well.

44.5%  55.7%

Maddow: And we are also calling Iowa for Gov. Palin. Which now brings her to 262 electoral votes.

46.0%  52.1%

Matthews: Clearly, Iowa going quickly is not good, combined with what we've already called.

Scarbough: It's officially over guys, and I don't think anyone is going to dispute it.

Schultz: Oh for god sake's Joe just keep piling the stuff on.

Scarbough: I'm sorry, what was that Ed?

O'Donnell: If I may just interject. It appears that we are looking not only a sweep in the Congressional elections, but in the Presidential Elections as well.

Maddow: Cutting in once again, but MSNBC is now calling New Mexico for the President.

51.7%  47.9%

Schultz: Finally. (Exhales)

Maddow: And New Hampshire for Gov. Palin.

48.5%  50.2%

Obama 122
Palin 266

Matthews: We will return with more coverage as we march closer towards the number of 270 electoral votes. Stay with us.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2011, 05:49:18 PM »

Though the title made it obvious enough, Palin's got this locked up now, with Idaho, North Dakota, and Alaska putting her well over 270.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2011, 05:54:27 PM »

Matthews: We're back and now joined by Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, she ran for President of the United States, for the Republican nomination, we are now joining her from a victory rally in Minnesota. And, Congresswoman, what are witnessing tonight, in your view?

Bachmann: Chris, thank you for having me on and boy can I say it is a great night for America!

Matthews: Okay, you obviously believe that Pres. Obama will be defeated and Sarah Palin will be elected. Do you expect a large margin.

Bachmann: Whole heartedly. The American people are coming out of their trances and Chris no I'm not hypnotized. This is a great day for this country. It is a return to the constitution, a return to principles that made America strong and free.

Matthews: Now you're out of elected politics, do you expect to play a role in a Palin administration?

Bachmann: If asked to serve, yes I will do whatever is necessary.

Matthews: Will you ever run for office again?

Bachmann: I have no plans Chris, I'm committed to helping President-elect Palin get this country back on track in anyway I can.

Matthews: Alright, thank you Michele Bachmann.

Schultz: That woman is absolutely unbelievable.

Matthews: So Palin takes New Hampshire a state I did not expect her to win. What are the implications of this election, Lawrence?

O'Donnell: If this is a Palin victory the question will be how big a mandate. The Republican control both houses of Congress so already her coattails have been long, but I think the bigger question is: Can she effectively govern? Can she be a moderate figure?

Scarbough: She has to. She chose Huntsman and she clearly has shifted in order to be more mainstream. Now she'll stick to her guns, but I don't expect it to a complete shift to the right.

Schultz: I don't know what you've been drinking Joe, but if you're calling this woman a moderate I'm Jack Kemp.

Scarbough: I don't think we have to go that far Ed. I think as do the millions of Americans that have voted, Palin is the candidate to fix this economy. Now if she bungles then she's thrown out in four years. You survived George Bush Ed, you'll survive Palin and believe me this woman is no George Bush.

States:

Arizona:
Palin 51.1%
Obama 46.9%

Nevada:
Palin 48.7%
Obama 48.3%

Wisconsin:
Palin 49.4%
Obama 49.4%

Michigan:
Palin 50.6%
Obama 48.4%

Ohio:
Palin 49.7%
Obama 49.1%

Maine CD:
Obama 49.4%
Palin 49.0%

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2011, 08:58:11 PM »

Matthews: Welcome back to MSNBC's coverage of Election Night 2012, and as I return with election night commentators I think it is incumbent upon me to set the record straight. Four years Americans voted for change. That is clearly happening again tonight, I don't know if it is for the change from four years ago, but it is change and it says something about our electorate at this time.

Schultz: Well put.

Matthews: It's my thoughts, I'm sticking to it.

Maddow: And, just to sum up the events of tonight. Sarah Palin leads Pres. Obama 266 to 122 electoral votes. The Republican have retained control of the House Representatives and have taken control of the US senate, despite a victory, one of the few, Tim Kaine of Virginia. And, if Gov. Palin is able to take the Presidency it will be a trifecta for the GOP.

Maddow: It is now eleven o'clock on the east coast and what many of you may have seen as inevitable has happened. Based on wins in Idaho and North Dakota MSNBC is now calling the Presidency for Gov. Sarah Palin. Sarah Palin will be the 45th President of the United States.

Sarah Palin: The 45th President of the United States of America

35.5%  63.7%

39.0%  60.7%

60.9%  38.9%

71.9%  26.7%

Obama 200
Palin 273

Sarah Palin Elected President

Matthews: Well, now that Sarah Palin has gone over the top and just narrowly, I think the question still remains how much or how big of a mandate will she receive?

Scarbough: I think the states still undecided will go for the governor, maybe Wisconsin stays with Obama, but I see her easily cracking the 300 count.

Maddow: MSNBC is now being told that the President has called the President-elect and will give his concession speech from the White House at 11:15, so in just under fifteen minutes.

O'Donnell: Wow.

Matthews: We are certainly living through history, the question remains how will it end?

Epilogue:

Obama concedes at 11:15 PM at the White House along side the First Family and Vice President Joe Biden. “…We gave it everything we could, but don’t blame yourselves for defeat. You believed in this campaign back on a cold day in February of 2007. America was a crossroad’s then and it is at one now.”

Palin speaks to her crowd of supporter and proclaims victory. “…And so tonight we Americans all across this country begin the road to recovery. It has taken us a while, but America always finds her way and tonight we did.”

Final Results:

Sarah Palin 338....50.9%
Barack Obama 200...47.7%

Final States Results: 

Arizona: 11:30 PM
Palin 51.6%
Obama 46.5%

Michigan: 11:45 PM
Palin 50.7%
Obama 48.6%

Ohio: 12:16 AM
Palin 49.7%
Obama 49.1%

Alaska: 1:00 AM
Palin 59.9%
Obama 39.6%

Nevada: 1:40 AM
Palin 50.0%
Obama 49.1%

Wisconsin: 3:59 AM
Palin 49.42%
Obama 49.41%

Maine CD: 6:47 AM
Palin 49.22%
Obama 49.17%

Election Night 2012

Headlines:
Politico: It's Palin!
New York Times: America Takes Next Step with Palin
Wall Street Journal: Sarah Palin Sweeps to Victory
Boston Herald: She Did It!

mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2011, 10:35:56 PM »

disastro
zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2011, 11:31:45 AM »

Finally change we can believe in!

Nice touch reporting a victory from the opposing side (MSNBC).
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2011, 08:54:00 PM »

This scenario is more plausible than it may seem.

Liberals will always tell us whom they fear, and they do this by smearing those who threaten them. Note how the media, particularly the "mainstream media," simply obsesses over Palin whenever she does anything. From criticizing her tenure as mayor of Alaska to her meeting with an Iowa heffer, the media tries everything it can to destroy her...yet she comes back for more.

Despite her present polling, I think she could easily defeat the sitting President (well, so could Elmer Fudd). This is your best timeline yet, NHI.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2011, 10:06:14 PM »

This scenario is more plausible than it may seem.

Liberals will always tell us whom they fear, and they do this by smearing those who threaten them. Note how the media, particularly the "mainstream media," simply obsesses over Palin whenever she does anything. From criticizing her tenure as mayor of Alaska to her meeting with an Iowa heffer, the media tries everything it can to destroy her...yet she comes back for more.

Despite her present polling, I think she could easily defeat the sitting President (well, so could Elmer Fudd). This is your best timeline yet, NHI.

Thanks.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2011, 11:58:44 PM »

Cabinet, please.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2011, 08:31:49 AM »
« Edited: September 10, 2011, 11:03:02 PM by NHI »

President Sarah Palin

The Cabinet:
Sec. of State: David Pertraeus
Sec. of Treasury: Herman Cain
Sec. of Defense: Chuck Hagel
Attorney General: Bob McDonnell
Sec. of the Interior: Brian Schweitzer  
Sec. of Agriculture: Matt Mead
Sec. of Commerce: Mitt Romney
Sec. of Labor: Tim Pawlenty
Sec. of Health and Human Services: Mitch Daniels
Sec. of Housing and Urban Development: Steve Preston
Sec. of Transportation: Ray LaHood
Sec. of Energy: Linda Lingle
Sec. of Education: Chris Edwards
Sec. of Veteran's Affairs: Jan Brewer
Sec. of Homeland Security: Rudy Giuliani  

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2011, 08:53:55 AM »

Would Rand give up his spot in the Senate for a low profile cabinet position?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2011, 09:31:17 AM »

I meant to type Ron, not Rand. Oops.

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2011, 10:40:02 AM »

I meant to type Ron, not Rand. Oops.

Ron Paul believes all cabinet positions besides Attorney General and Secretary of Defense are unconstitutional. Sad So sadly I don't think he's gonna be in any cabinet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies