Madame President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:28:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Madame President
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Who should be Palin's Vice President Pick?
Judd Gregg
Michele Bachmann
Mitch Daniels
Other
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Madame President  (Read 18402 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2011, 11:06:14 AM »

I've got to hand it to you on that one. In an alternate world perhaps, but not in this world. Mitch Daniels will be a better a choice.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2011, 08:03:43 PM »

I'm running through some ideas of what I might do, but before I start I must ask: would anyone like to see this continue through Palin's reelection?

Thoughts, please.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2011, 08:40:10 PM »

I'd LOVE to see this continue. Smiley
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2011, 09:04:48 PM »

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2011, 09:22:22 PM »

And so it shall, look for update this weekend.

The Presidency of Sarah Palin: 2013 - ?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2011, 10:34:30 PM »

2013-2017.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2011, 12:13:36 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2011, 12:25:03 PM by NHI »

The Inauguration of Sarah Palin:

Sarah Palin took to the podium at 12:04. She was now President of the United States. With the republicans in control of both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue America looked to be heading a new direction from the previous four years. Determined to establish a firm direction in which she would lead Palin spoke with candor and evoked a somber, but rising message.

Palin: "...This country is in trouble, I would not be standing here today if weren't so, and while I do wish I could magically erase the challenges facing this great land, I know as you do it will require all of efforts, if we are to succeed. Unemployment has put millions of our people out of work, and there is a lack, perhaps a better word is a loss of confidence in our ability to face these challenges. We seem complacent to allow other nations to surpass us. I do not want this to be the case. Our freedom, our liberty and our way of life are at stake in this matter, and that cannot be understated. America is hurting, America is weakened but like generations before us who have faced similar crisis we will rise up, we will overcome and we will succeed, so help me god! For as Lincoln said, we must live as a nation of free men all the time or we will die by suicide. Let us remember who we are what we can still do. We are after all the United States of America."

Palin's Inauguration drew the largest crowd in Washington ever, and was the most watched event in television history. The next day Palin got down to business, unsure of the road ahead her, but determined to trek it.

Palin Approval Rating:
Approve: 59%
Disapprove: 25%
No Opinion: 16%
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2011, 04:41:34 PM »

Yay! Smiley

I am going to do a little bit of nitpicking, only to help. Smiley The exit polls don't quite make sense to me. I don't see Palin winning the female vote. Under the sexes, you'd think Palin won overall around 49-48%. Yet the age groups suggest Palin would win by much more, considering she comfortably won 3/4 of the age groups and barely lost the youth vote (For the two to match up it'd require, like, 80% of voters to be in the 18-29 category) Wink

I look forward to more!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2011, 05:06:08 PM »

Yay! Smiley

I am going to do a little bit of nitpicking, only to help. Smiley The exit polls don't quite make sense to me. I don't see Palin winning the female vote. Under the sexes, you'd think Palin won overall around 49-48%. Yet the age groups suggest Palin would win by much more, considering she comfortably won 3/4 of the age groups and barely lost the youth vote (For the two to match up it'd require, like, 80% of voters to be in the 18-29 category) Wink

I look forward to more!
No problem at all. Thanks for the help.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2011, 06:03:38 PM »

The Republican Senate, (51-47) and the Republican House (255-179) immediately began to work on President Palin's domestic agenda. In her joint session of Congress on the Economic Crisis.

"We must see that businesses have the environment to thrive and to compete. We must have a tax system that is fair and yes, reformed. And, last we must have health care solutions that are commonsense, and work for every America. We can revive our economy if we repeal the Affordable Care Act. It is bad legislation, it has been deemed partly unconstitutional and it is our responsibility to see it repealed and from there we can begin the process of seeing our country move back on the right track for the future!"

Palin's proposal drew a heated response from the left and from many in the media. Hardball's Chris Matthew criticized the President for her plan.

"I find this to be deplorable. I mean this woman is literally trying to tear this country apart. She wants to undo the legislation that will be the benchmark of Pres. Obama's legacy. I have to believe she is doing this so she can say to her base, "Yes I did it, I have to believe she has no plans to fix health care in America."

Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi delivered a battle cry to the President's plan to repeal Obamacare, by saying "If the President wants a fight we'll giver her one."

Despite the anger from the democrats and many in the media most polls favored Palin's plan to repeal the law.

Do you Support Repeal of the Affordable Care Act?
Yes: 57%
No:  39%

Palin fired back through social media, by tweeting: "America cannot afford something that will bankrupt the country. O.C. will be repealed."

Despite the Democrat's Persistence ObamaCare was effectively repealed on March 5th, 2013, and Pres. Palin signed it into law later that day and had a formal signing ceremony at the White House the following morning.

When asked the Office of Former President Obama in Chicago only offered a statement of "No Comment."

Palin Approval Rating:
Approve: 60%
Disapprove: 27%
No Opinion: 13%

With the historic repeal of the ObamaCare law, Palin also received even more good news. Unemployment remained at 8.5% since the November Election, only dipping to 8.4% in January. Wall Street also remained timid. Following Palin's inauguration the Stock Market had it best day in over a year and by April with the end of ObamaCare and signing of the largest Tax Cut in the nation's history unemployment finally dropped to 8%.

Palin applauded the drop and said it was only the beginning of a recovery. "This is only the beginning. America is coming back."

Meanwhile some folks in Democratic circles began speculating about the 2016 Democratic Race.

Who do you want to be The Democratic Nominee in 2016?
Hillary Clinton: 59%
Andrew Cuomo: 11%
Russ Feingold: 7%
Evan Bayh: 5%
Mark Warner: 3%
Tim Kaine: 2%
Kirsten Gillibrand: 1%
Brian Schweitzer: 1%
Someone Else/Other: 11%

Who do you want to be The Democratic Nominee in 2016? (Without Clinton)
Andrew Cuomo: 15%
Russ Feingold: 14%
Evan Bayh: 8%
Mark Warner: 8%
Tim Kaine: 4%
Kirsten Gillibrand: 1%
Brian Schweitzer: 1%
Someone Else/Other: 49%

It is early we know. President Palin has not been in office six months and we are already speculating about three years from now, but it is interesting to see that former secretary of state Hillary Clinton is leading the polls for the democratic nomination and by such a large margin. No Mrs. Clinton has not indicated whether or not she'll seek the nomination in three years, but it is telling...don't you think?"

Palin vs. Clinton:
Palin 49%
Clinton 44%

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2011, 09:49:54 PM »

Good job so far!

Only complaint is that now Mitch Daniels is in two positions at once. Tongue Since one of his two positions is Commerce, maybe Palin can instead have someone like Mitt Romney, Mike Bloomberg, or some other business experienced politician there? Also, cool that Brian Schweitzer's in the cabinet. Too bad this takes him out of the possibility of running in 2016 or 2020 though. That'd be interesting.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2011, 11:05:19 PM »

Good job so far!

Only complaint is that now Mitch Daniels is in two positions at once. Tongue Since one of his two positions is Commerce, maybe Palin can instead have someone like Mitt Romney, Mike Bloomberg, or some other business experienced politician there? Also, cool that Brian Schweitzer's in the cabinet. Too bad this takes him out of the possibility of running in 2016 or 2020 though. That'd be interesting.

Thanks for catching that. I meant to Mitt Romney, but put Daniels in twice. I thought it would be interesting putting Schweitzer, but knows if he'll stay through 2016. Wink
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2011, 10:02:23 PM »

President Palin took to the road in a series of town hall meetings where she hoped to get feedback from the American people as she headed into the summer months. She faced many questions on the state of the economy, foreign affairs and the war on terror.

In what was seen as unlikely Palin announced her intentions to withdraw all but small task force of troops to remain in Afghanistan. "The war on terror will carry on, but in a different and much more economical fashion. We cannot afford to bankrupt ourselves, so when the time does come and America must rise to the task we will be ready. By the end of my first term our combat in Afghanistan will be officially over."

Palin's comments drew both praise and criticism.

Senator Lindsey Graham offered a veiled criticism of President Palin by saying, "America must remain strong, and I know President Palin shares this view as well."

President Palin remained firm on her decision dismissed Senator Graham's comment, by simply tweeting, "Advice is great, but policy is set by the president."

Despite some flack President Palin's decision drew wide scale approval from the American people.

Do you Approve of President Palin's Decision to end the War in Afghanistan by 2017?
Yes: 76%
No:  17%

President Palin formally laid out her plan in an Oval Office Address, citing a war weary public and economic concerns were the factors that led up to her decision. "...America will cripple the terrorist, but we will not let them win, by crippling ourselves. We must refocus our energies on the home front and taking our battle in a more advance age, then direct combat."

President Palin Approval Ratings:
Approve: 63%
Disapprove: 26%

Over the late summer Pres. Palin headed on the road again to promote her economic package. Though it wasn't without problems. Pres. Palin's rallies did bring protesters and at a stop in Ohio Pres. Palin was nearly trampled in the crowd. The Secret Service managed to scoop the President out before she could be hurt, but it did create quite a stir.

Meanwhile Presidential politics began to heat up again with the Fall Release of a second memoir by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Love of Country

Pelley: What do you think of President Palin?
Clinton: She's made history. Obviously we share differences in policies, but she is a great role model for young girls everywhere, and it really sends a message to people around the world.
Pelley: That brings me to my next question. You have a new book out, it's creating a lot of buzz and the question I think that is on everyone's mind is, are you going to run for President in 2016?
Clinton: Scott, that is something I don't think about.
Pelley: So this book is-
Clinton: A reflection on my career in the senate, running for president, in 2008 and serving under President Obama as Secretary of State.
Pelley: So you aren't going to run for President?
Clinton: I don't honestly think about it. I've enjoyed spending time with my family. Chelsea is expecting a baby. I have so many wonderful things to look forward to.
Pelley: But just for the record Mrs. Clinton you would not entertain a run for President?
Clinton: It's not something I'm thinking about Scott.

Would you support Hillary Clinton for The Democratic Nomination:
Yes: 66%
No:  27%

Palin vs. Clinton:
Palin 50%
Clinton 44%

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2011, 10:28:33 AM »

Note: I will be doing one more update of Sarah Palin's First Term, then I will jump into the 2016 Democratic Primaries.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2011, 09:16:25 PM »

President Palin began January 2014 with the unemployment of 7.5%. The decline was attributed to a combination of tax cuts and curbing of government spending. While some on the left were disgruntled with some of the president's actions the majority of the American people were behind her.

Pres. Palin Approval Rating:
Approve: 60%
Disapprove: 25%
No Opinion: 15%

In her State of the Union Address she cited the sense of American renewal the continuing drop in unemployment as signs that America was back!

"...My fellow citizens, we are on the cusps of a new beginning for this great country. A renewed sense of national pride and confidence. A continuing drop in the unemployment is one that signal's America's return! We will keep on growing, we will keep on moving. God Bless America, God Bless each and everyone of you. Thank you."

Throughout the midterm election year President Palin saw unemployment hit 7.1% by the spring and in the fall the Republican retained control of the House and Senate and increased their numbers. Many pundits predicted that with a revived economy, and a popular incumbent, Palin looked to be unstoppable in 2016.

Chris Matthews offered his take on President Palin's path to reelection.

"America is clearly looking better than it has in a while, is it Pres. Palin's policies or a combinations of the ones with her predecessors? Or was it just only a matter of time before America roared back. Whatever it is Palin is achieving the benefits and looks to head into reelection. Most polls have her leading all opponents. But 2016 is two years away and while the Republicans have achieved a landslide, will it last?

Polling:

Palin vs. Cuomo:
Palin 54%
Cuomo 38%

Palin vs. Kaine:
Palin 56%
Kaine 37%

Palin vs. Patrick:
Palin 55%
Patrick 39%

Palin vs. Lynch:
Palin 59%
Lynch 34%

Palin vs. Clinton:
Palin 51%
Clinton 43%

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2011, 09:50:35 PM »

Still reading. Smiley
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2011, 06:54:52 AM »

The Democratic Primary: 2016

Throughout much of 2015 speculation began to arise over potential candidates for the Democratic Nomination. The first candidate to officially enter the race was Governor of New York, Andrew Cuomo.

"This President sees America much different than you or I do. She sees America a shinning city on a hill, but in fact that is not the case. That is one view of America right now. Another view is what we all see, we see a different city, my friends..."

Matthews: The Democratic Race has begun with a big gun getting in. Can Andrew Cuomo topple President Palin? Let's bring in Eugene Robinson. Eugene, what do you make of Cuomo's entrance?

Well, Chris he is certainly a contender. He's done things in New York that have pleased the Democratic base. He's what I think they would have liked out of Obama. Certainly he can take a fight to Palin and hold his ground, but can he win? Who knows at this point. Frankly I was surprised that he decided to enter the race, especially with Palin's approval rating in the mid fifties, so maybe he sees something we don't.

Matthews: I think the person we're all waiting on is Hillary Clinton. Yes, Cuomo is running, probably Tim Kaine, Deval Patrick is mentioned and former New Hampshire Governor John Lynch, but Clinton is the candidate.

Robinson: She's in a position right now to practically win the nomination. From people I've been talking to have said she remains undecided. Clearly she would be a dynamic figure in the face and would give Palin a run for her money in 2016, but I don't know if she wants it.

Matthews: Oh, I think she does. Hillary Clinton wants to be President and she knows this is her last chance, otherwise it's over. So we shall see, thank you MSNBC's Eugene Robinson.

In the weeks following Cuomo other candidates entered the race, including Deval Patrick, Tim Kaine, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, Russ Feingold.

Democratic Nomination: Polling
Cuomo: 19%
Feingold: 14%
Schultz: 13%
Kaine: 10%
Patrick: 5%
Someone Else: 39%

In late August Clinton still remained mum on her intentions for 2016. When Bill Clinton was asked, while attending a Democratic Fundraiser he simply said, "It's up to her." While Cuomo seemed to lead the pack, his support never reached above twenty-two percent, with the majority of the democratic voters wanting another candidate.

Pres. Palin's Approval Rating:
Approve: 53%
Disapprove: 37%

With Palin's somewhat stelar approval ratings many pundits speculated Clinton would not enter the race at the chance of being defeated by Sarah Palin in the general.

"As summer begins to turn into fall, former Secretary of State and Senator of New York Hillary Clinton has a choice to make. With history having already been made with the first woman president, perhaps Mrs. Clinton realizes her moment has passed and that it is time to move on. Or does her own desire to become president outweigh that notion?"

Yet, despite Palin's approval numbers and polling against prospective candidates, when placed in a hypothetical race against Hillary Clinton the numbers shifted and for the first time showed the two in an almost dead heat.

Palin vs. Clinton:
Palin 49%
Clinton 46%

Scarborough:"I think it is very telling, when you have a president with her approval ratings and she's polling against someone who has been around Washington shall we say. I mean I find it almost odd that is a matchup that Palin only wins by three."

Geist: Imagine if she enters the race, this is only with her as a possible candidate.

Scarborough: Exactly. If she enters the race, then she wins the nomination and we're looking at an extremely close general election, because Palin's approval ratings aren't going to reach much higher. The economy maybe good, but I think Palin has reached a number that she can either keep or loose.

Geist: Well that's the thing. White House advisors are nervous off the record about a Clinton candidacy, because they think of all the people in this race she is the only one who could beat her.

In September Clinton returned back from a trip overseas, which prompted speculation, but again she offered no announcement.

Chris Matthews offered his thoughts on a potential Clinton campaign on HardBall:
Matthews: It's now or never I think. She can't play this much longer, perhaps into October, but certainly not past that.

Fineman: Look it'll either be Kaine or Cuomo that takes Iowa and then New Hampshire is her's if she enters.

Matthews: So you're thinking she's skipping Iowa.

Fineman: Yes. She came in third in 2008, she doesn't want to do that again. I think if she does enter this race she can enter very late, because of who she is.

Matthews: You don't think that will backfire?

Fineman: It could, but here's why I think not. This race is unsettled a strong thirty plus percent want the nominee to be someone. People like Cuomo, but as long as Clinton is still out there people are leaning towards her.

Matthews: Here's the latest democratic nomination polling, it shows Cuomo with a narrow lead over Tim Kaine. This is for Iowa.

Democratic Polling:
Cuomo: 24%
Kaine: 22%

Matthews: Are you surprised that Feingold didn't make it?

Fineman: Yes and no. I mean we he entered I thought he was going to be a real contender, but with a couple of bad debate performances and his inability to catch much traction I think doomed him. I think that's why people like Mark Warner and Evan Bayh stayed out of the race.

Democratic Polling: (With Clinton)
Clinton: 45%
Kaine: 14%
Schultz: 10%
Patrick: 8%
Someone else: 4%

In early October Clinton announced she would be making a statement by the first week in November. When pressed if she was announcing her campaign for president she simply stated, "I will announce my decision then."

Palin vs. Clinton:
Palin 48%
Clinton 46%

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2011, 10:11:45 PM »

Brief Update: October 2015

1. Unemployment dropped to 7.4%, the lowest since Palin took office.
2. The third week of October saw the worst week for The Stock Market since 2012.
3. Pres. Palin signed into a law The Social Security Reform Act. It effectively was partial privatization of the system and it received minimal support from Democrats in the House and ZERO in the senate. Palin called it a great day for America's safety net and the future stability of it.
4. Pres. Palin urged Congress to take up legislation on her immigration policy, titled by the media: "Get the Hell Out of Here"
5. Bristol Palin accompanied her mother on a trip abroad to Asia. 
6. Hillary Clinton's Memoir: Love of Country sells over 2 million copies.
7. John Lynch, former governor of New Hampshire and failed candidate for congress in 2014 announces his campaign for President of the United States; a surprise to the political world.

Democratic Nomination Polling:
Cuomo: 20%
Kaine: 16%
Schultz: 14%
Patrick: 9%
Lynch: 4%
Other: 37%

On November 7th, to a large crowd of supporter Hillary Clinton did what was seen as inevitable and yet came as a political shocker. Hillary Clinton announced her campaign for President of the United States.
"I'm in, I'm ready and I'm running for President of the United States."

Democratic Nomination Polling:
Clinton: 48%
Cuomo: 17%
Kaine: 13%
Schultz: 9%
Patrick: 6%
Lynch: 3%
Other: 4%

"...never has a candidate jumped to the pack that quickly and so decisively. Clinton is leading with almost fifty percent of support, so is it worth for the other candidates to be running, or are they merely waiting for the vice presidency? I think a healthy debate is good for the party, Clinton is probably expecting a fight between Cuomo and Kaine, now will see win the nomination this time? We'll wait and see, but my money is on Mrs. Clinton. Now on the election? That is too early to tell."

Palin vs. Clinton:
Palin 50%
Clinton 45%

Projected Map:

Palin 233
Clinton 227

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2011, 10:44:23 AM »

Iowa:
Up until Clinton's entrance into the race it was a race between and Cuomo and Kaine for The Hawkeye State. With Clinton now in, the race for Iowa took shape. Having realized the proposed path eight years ago which did not lead her to the nomination Clinton spent a great deal of time in the state, taking not for granted.

Key Clinton Endorsement:
-Bill Clinton
-Evan Bayh
-Ed Randall
-Russ Feingold
-Barack Obama
-Michelle Obama
-Joe Biden
-Jill Biden
-Kirsten Gillibrand
-Jeanne Shaheen

A week before Iowa Joe and Jill Biden joined Hillary and Bill on the trail. "She the woman we want and the woman we need!" Biden declared. "Let's elect her the next President in November!"

In a debate before the Iowa Caucuses presented herself as the candidate who could unite all wings of the Democratic Party. "We need someone who has the resume, someone who is a fighter and can unite the whole party as we go against Sarah Palin in November. I am that candidate."

When asked on the sidelines about the failures of the Obama Administration, she stated, "Pres. Obama had a divided government, now if we can win back both houses that's great, but we need someone that can go in there and take the fight to the republicans and I think Pres. Obama will admit that he did not do that."

When asked about her age, Clinton laughed and said, "Like Ronald Reagan I will not make age an issue of this campaign, in order to gain an advantage over my more, shall we say youthful opponent."

The result in Iowa proved one clear result: Hillary Clinton was going to be the nominee.
Iowa Results:
Clinton: 44%
Cuomo: 20%
Kaine:    17%
Schultz:  9%
Patrick:    5%
Lynch:      1%

Following the results Deval Patrick ended his campaign and announced his support for Hillary Clinton. Many speculated that John Lynch would do the same. Though he had been the governor of New Hampshire, Clinton was poised to win the state where he governed for eight years.

Clinton headed into New Hampshire, with Cuomo and Kaine trailing far behind her. Though the media pounced on the possibility of a Lynch upset, though it did not happen. Clinton trounced her opponents once more, but Lynch came in a surprising third, but not enough to change the race.

NH:
Clinton: 42%
Lynch:   18%
Kaine:    8%
Schultz:  4%

Debbie Wasserman-Schultz ended her campaign after New Hampshire and endorsed Clinton. When she did, she called on all others in the race to do the same, saying that a prolonged fight would only help the President.

Kaine soon bowed out and headed threw his support behind, "The Next President of the United States, Hillary Clinton." John Lynch's doomed from the start bid ended shortly there after, leaving only Cuomo as Clinton's challenger for the nomination, but is poor finishing showed he would not be much competition.

Clinton defeated him soundly in Nevada, and then in South Carolina. The Cuomo campaign looked to Florida as their last stand, but they were soundly defeated again and he conceded defeat to Clinton and endorsed her for President.

With the Democratic Nomination decided by the end of February, Clinton turned her attention to the general election. The selection of a running mate, the convention and engaging Pres. Palin, who still was held in a favorable light.

Palin vs. Clinton:
Palin 49%
Clinton 44%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2011, 10:56:28 AM »

Clinton as she announces her pick for Vice President: Deval Patrick.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies