Most racist continent...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:04:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Most racist continent...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Which continent is the most "racist" in the traditional sense of the word?
North America

South America

Europe

Asia

Middle East (I know, not really a continent)

Africa

Australia

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: Most racist continent...  (Read 12073 times)
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2011, 01:02:37 PM »

Africa, obviously. Easily exceeds all other continents in interracial killings.

children are taught in schools (when studying foreign countries) that black people are lazy, stupid criminals while white people are intelligent and hard-working.
Source for this?

Japanese people still largely see themselves as the master race, and they allow almost no immigration lest their blood be tainted.

PRC-See Korea, intolerance and de facto ethnic cleansing aimed at non-Han Chinese.
When speaking about the PRC, one usually means the People's Republic of China, but since the description above has nothing to with it, what country are you calling PRC?
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 03:48:12 PM »

Asia, easily.  They're the only ones with the superiority myth intact.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2011, 03:59:14 PM »

Eastern Europe + Russia of course! Why these nations are even considered European is beyond me at this point, the Slavs share few characteristics with the Europes outside of Christianity.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2011, 04:01:22 PM »

Eastern Europe + Russia of course! Why these nations are even considered European is beyond me at this point, the Slavs share few characteristics with the Europes outside of Christianity.

This post is ironic, yes?
Qwezos
Rookie
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2011, 02:15:56 AM »

Africa and what ever continent Israel's in.
republicanism
Germany

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2011, 05:07:45 AM »

"There are two things I hate: People who have prejudices against foreigners, and Dutchmen."

;-)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2011, 03:27:52 PM »

Irony? Nein!

I do seem to remember ag lecturing me once about why Russia/most of eastern Europe should never be considered a part of the "western" world culturally and after some reflection I realized that Russia/it's own neighbors should be considered a part of its own sphere. I won't lie though, after I did some light reading on modern Russian racism, I have a little disdain for their culture. Call me crazy but I tend to dislike cultures that persecute browns for personal reasons.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2011, 05:31:26 AM »

My God, this is an incredibly racist thread.
Maybe, but it's not as racist as Asia.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2011, 07:39:21 AM »

Irony? Nein!

I do seem to remember ag lecturing me once about why Russia/most of eastern Europe should never be considered a part of the "western" world culturally and after some reflection I realized that Russia/it's own neighbors should be considered a part of its own sphere. I won't lie though, after I did some light reading on modern Russian racism, I have a little disdain for their culture. Call me crazy but I tend to dislike cultures that persecute browns for personal reasons.

Of course Russia has had problems with other cultures before, since proceeding the Brown's in their hatred was the Jews, others, etc.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2011, 02:27:12 PM »

Irony? Nein!

Of course Russia has had problems with other cultures before, since proceeding the Brown's in their hatred was the Jews, others, etc.
so, just like the rest of Europe then.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2011, 03:35:35 PM »

Irony? Nein!

Of course all Eastern Europeans are just like the Russians.
Incidentally, was the US and Germany and the US (whose crimes against the minorities are not even comparable with the overstated Russian racism) part of the Western world before 1950?
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2011, 08:48:13 PM »

Irony? Nein!

Of course all Eastern Europeans are just like the Russians.
Incidentally, was the US and Germany and the US (whose crimes against the minorities are not even comparable with the overstated Russian racism) part of the Western world before 1950?

Not what I was saying but okay! I will acknowledge that my historical knowledge of the Balkans/Baltic nations is very shallow and is nothing to make judgments based off of. Are there any good books I should read that would inform me on your homeland?

Yes. America might have been considered a cultural backwater filled with former colonials but it's always been considered as part of the Western world. The same goes for Australia, Canada, New Zealand and (maybe) South Africa.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2011, 08:49:01 PM »

So West is automatically best?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2011, 11:40:42 PM »

Well we did win.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2011, 12:38:57 AM »

No, not what I'm saying.

Why do people treat my posts like they're cryptic messages containing some sort of hidden meaning? Everyone should know my extremely anti-Western political views by now, I've been posting here for four years. I hate American foreign policy, I think the way that the superiority complex that people from first world nations have is disgusting etc. I also strongly believe in determinism so I certainly don't believe that Russians are worse human beings for having racist tendencies.
Link
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2011, 01:35:00 AM »

Depends on what continent Russia is supposed to be in, I guess.

The Middle East is certainly not the most racist of the options. Except for the whole Israel vs. Arabs thing, I can't see what credentials they should have in this competition.

I don't know whether this poll makes much sense, anyway.

Just to play devils advocate here and play along with this thread... The gulf states tend not to treat their South Asia and Filipino worker drones very good.  Further, a lot of Mideast states treat Africans quite poorly and there is still racial/ethnic based slavery in handful.

You're not playing devil's advocate at all.  The Middle East got my vote hands down.

Whoever voted for Africa obviously has never been there.
Link
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2011, 01:35:28 AM »

Why am I not surprised.
Link
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2011, 01:37:39 AM »

"There are two things I hate: People who have prejudices against foreigners, and Dutchmen."

;-)

What's your beef with Dutchmen... other than their racist holidays.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2011, 06:13:02 AM »

Sure about that? You certainly seem to be arguing in that general direction.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No one's treating any posts here as though they are cryptic messages of any kind.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2011, 09:49:59 AM »

It's the second place winner for a reason:

http://www.thenation.com/article/genocide-darfur

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Africa_under_apartheid

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_Genocide

http://www.africa.ufl.edu/asq/v3/v3i3a5.htm

Link
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2011, 10:00:51 AM »

By your definition Europe is the most racist continent on the planet.  They have had so much trouble getting along they dragged the entire planet into two world wars that resulted in the only detonation of a nuclear bomb on civilians.  The biggest genocide in modern history occurred in Europe.

Grumpy I think we all know why you picked Africa.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2011, 10:07:14 AM »

Grumpy I think we all know why you picked Africa.

Pray tell!  Share!  I won't be offended and the boys won't give you death points.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2011, 10:32:04 AM »

that resulted in the only detonation of a nuclear bomb on civilians.

Without wishing for a moment to defend the actions of Europeans as a group during that particular war, I think it might be pointed out that the people who did that were not Europeans...
Link
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2011, 03:12:07 PM »

Without wishing for a moment to defend the actions of Europeans as a group during that particular war, I think it might be pointed out that the people who did that were not Europeans...

I certainly did not mean to cause offense.  I don't think in those terms.  I was just illustrating the absurdity of another poster's reference to war.  For reasons we can only imagine he choose to ignore millenniums of savage conflict in order to make his rather bizarre point.  I have no idea how people of the same race fighting over scarce resources makes a continent "racist."
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2011, 04:37:03 PM »

I certainly did not mean to cause offense.  I don't think in those terms.  I was just illustrating the absurdity of another poster's reference to war.  For reasons we can only imagine he choose to ignore millenniums of savage conflict in order to make his rather bizarre point.  I have no idea how people of the same race fighting over scarce resources makes a continent "racist."
The difference between Europe and Africa is that racial conflicts in Europe ended in 1945, while in Africa they continue today. And the conflict in Darfur, South Africa (apartheid ended, but many of the attacks against whites are arguably on a racial basis) and Congo (read something about what happened to the pygmies in the recent war there) is certainly between different races. Rwanda arguably is another case.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies