Rick Perry gets an endorsement...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:18:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Rick Perry gets an endorsement...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rick Perry gets an endorsement...  (Read 1081 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 25, 2011, 04:21:30 AM »

Our local CBS station is learning that idiot Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-OK) will endorse Gov. Rick Perry for President of the United States.  I like Governor Perry, but I don't like Senator Inhofe.  So, I am torn on this endorsement.  I know it's probably not very important nationally, and Oklahoma will vote Republican no matter who is the nominee, but it does give Governor Perry a leg up in the Oklahoma primary as a lot of Oklahoman's still hold Sen. Inhofe in relatively high regard.  Don't ask me why they do, but they do.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 04:33:12 AM »

Idiots tend to stick together.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 08:57:16 AM »

Our local CBS station is learning that idiot Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-OK) will endorse Gov. Rick Perry for President of the United States.  I like Governor Perry, but I don't like Senator Inhofe.  So, I am torn on this endorsement.  I know it's probably not very important nationally, and Oklahoma will vote Republican no matter who is the nominee, but it does give Governor Perry a leg up in the Oklahoma primary as a lot of Oklahoman's still hold Sen. Inhofe in relatively high regard.  Don't ask me why they do, but they do.

How can you like Perry?
stegosaurus
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 1.83

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 09:20:58 AM »

I wouldn't think Perry would have a problem taking Oklahoma. The only competition he could have there would be Bachmann and I would be surprised if she's still in it at that point.
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.30

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 11:00:11 AM »

I would write in:Mechaman if I lived in Oklahoma at the time of the Republican primary started. That how horrible OK is for me. Only two states are worse then OK for politics in my deepest opinion.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 11:05:22 AM »

Crazy Senator endorses Crazy Governor, it pretty much fits.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 03:08:25 PM »

How can you like Perry?

I like him for his social views.  He is a guy that I could genuinely get behind in the race.  He's gone off the deep end a few times.  However, he is a guy I can get behind.  If he wins the nomination, I would have a hard time not voting for him.  However, if someone else wins, I would have a hard time not voting for Obama.  Now, I know what you're going to say that Perry and Obama have nothing in common.  I pretty much voted for Obama in 2008 because he was the better option between him and Hillary Clinton and he and John McCain.  The reasoning is that the Governor shares my social views for the most part, although I am a little to his left a bit on them, mainly that I'm more open to same-sex relationships than he is, and Obama shares my economic views, especially on the health care bill.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 03:15:06 PM »

Perry is nuts. This fellow knows less about the Constitution of the US than the typical middle-school civics teacher, as is shown by his proposals for amending the Constitution.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 06:07:04 PM »

Perry is nuts. This fellow knows less about the Constitution of the US than the typical middle-school civics teacher, as is shown by his proposals for amending the Constitution.

That amendment he's proposing may be the one thing that keeps me from voting for him.  I just have to weigh my options right now.  There are some good points about each candidate and there are bad points, and some points aren't as clear as others whether the candidate's views are good or bad.  Some views may be both good and bad at the same time.  I can tell you one thing, it is very doubtful (I won't use the term "never") that I will vote for Huntsman, Cain, Gingrich, Paul, or Santorum.  It is a wash for Romney and Bachmann (Romney probably has a better chance than Bachmann for me), and a better than average chance with Perry and Obama.  I'll have to continually assess all the candidates views on the issues I care most about throughout the debate season and the primary season.  The candidate I would have really liked and would have voted for probably without question has bowed out of the race, that being Governor Pawlenty.

To put it all into simple terms, I am seriously torn in this election cycle.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 06:12:25 PM »

Look at your economic score. Vote with your mind, not with your gut.
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.30

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 06:31:47 PM »

Look at your economic score. Vote with your mind, not with your gut.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 07:23:11 PM »

You have to realize that Bushie has to endure a daily beating of being told Obama is the worst thing since moldy bread despite being politically aligned with him.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 09:53:43 PM »

You have to realize that Bushie has to endure a daily beating of being told Obama is the worst thing since moldy bread despite being politically aligned with him.

That is not far from the truth, King!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 06:08:33 AM »

Inhofe in relatively high regard.  Don't ask me why they do, but they do.

Because he's representing Oklahoma, silly.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 06:24:03 AM »

The reasoning is that the Governor shares my social views for the most part, although I am a little to his left a bit on them, mainly that I'm more open to same-sex relationships than he is, and Obama shares my economic views, especially on the health care bill.

I'm disappointed that you never discussed those relationships in the "Update" thread.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 08:51:12 AM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies