What should Rudy do?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:01:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What should Rudy do?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What should Rudy do?  (Read 4425 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 25, 2004, 04:16:28 AM »
« edited: March 25, 2004, 04:17:02 AM by JohnD.Ford »

I'm a big fan of Rudy Giuliani, and have been for as long as I can remember.  He cleaned up New York City and made it liveable again.  Not to mention his 9/11 leadership.  Now that everyone else sees how great Rudy is, what should he do next?
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 06:17:58 AM »

He wouldnt get elected Gov... Pataki proably wont run and its really Spitzer's to lose... agaist Hillary Rudy would have a very tough fight and I'd even go as far to say that he would be the underdog... he'd best go into somthing non-political
MarkDel

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2004, 12:26:55 PM »

He wouldnt get elected Gov... Pataki proably wont run and its really Spitzer's to lose... agaist Hillary Rudy would have a very tough fight and I'd even go as far to say that he would be the underdog... he'd best go into somthing non-political

Ben,

If you think Spitzer would be favored over Rudy in a race for Governor...you are joking right? As someone who lived in New York until two years ago, take my word for just how popular this guy is both in NYC and the rest of the state. Personally, I think he should wait and run for President, but he would beat Spitzer, he would be little Chuckie Schumer, and he would even beat Hitlery.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 03:53:02 PM »

Id like him to oust Hillary and then run for the GOP nomination.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 03:53:48 PM »

Run for Senate!
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2004, 03:56:47 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2004, 03:57:02 PM by YoungRepub »

Do you actually like him?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2004, 04:05:55 PM »

Yes
zachman

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2004, 04:38:38 PM »

ABS, anybody but Selig. He'd make a popular commissioner, but then again he routs for the Yankees!
CTguy

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2004, 04:55:40 PM »

WHat a stupid poll.

I chose he should retire from politics, though I don't believe the imbecile is a hero.
CTguy

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2004, 04:57:24 PM »

I love how people who have never even lived in NYC claim that he cleaned the city up...  There are more homeless people begging for change at Union Square than ever before.
Cadienne
Saudi Jake
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2004, 04:57:57 PM »

WHat a stupid poll.

I chose he should retire from politics, though I don't believe the imbecile is a hero.

Your certainly in the minority there
dunn

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2004, 05:00:05 PM »

2 and 4
run for senate and then in 2008
CTguy

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2004, 05:15:37 PM »

WHat a stupid poll.

I am the minority here, but I am probably the only one here who actually LIVED IN NYC WHEN RUDY WAS MAYOR.  You can take a poll in China of Rudy Giuliani too while you're at it.
Cadienne
Saudi Jake
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2004, 05:40:36 PM »

WHat a stupid poll.

I am the minority here, but I am probably the only one here who actually LIVED IN NYC WHEN RUDY WAS MAYOR.  You can take a poll in China of Rudy Giuliani too while you're at it.

Yeah, he really trashed New York up. He took away all those beautiful crack houses and the muggers, and lets not forget the wonderful organized crime they used to have there. What was he thinking?
CTguy

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2004, 05:52:24 PM »

He also censored almost anything he could...  the homeless population has now increased...  there is urine allover the streets...  

Again, did you live in NYC during his administration?  I did.  Not that the other scumbag Bloomberg has helped things.
Cadienne
Saudi Jake
Rookie

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2004, 06:18:05 PM »

That's funny, because almost every New Yorker I have met or seen on tv has had great things to say about his job. Maybe you're too much of a partisan to give credit to somebody right of Ted Kennedy for doing an excellent job.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2004, 06:22:53 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2004, 06:25:32 PM by Michael Z »

In my opinion...

Giuliani should run for Senate in 2006 and perhaps attempt a Presidential bid in 2008. McCain is looking increasingly unlikely to run in four years' time (especially if Kerry wins this year; I seriously doubt McCain would run against a good friend) so Giuliani may be the best bet for moderate Republicans. Of course some say the religious right would never have him, but he's possibly the most popular Republican and would be a shoo-in for the Presidency, something which the majority of GOP members would do well to take into consideration.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2004, 07:25:41 PM »

WHat a stupid poll.

Coming from Mr. Make Too Many Polls himself!
CTguy

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2004, 07:26:01 PM »

That's funny, because almost every New Yorker I have met or seen on tv has had great things to say about his job. Maybe you're too much of a partisan to give credit to somebody right of Ted Kennedy for doing an excellent job.

Those are probably the same New Yorkers that complain every year that they can't find their polling place so they go home and not vote.  Giuliani was 10 points behind Hillary when he tried to run for senate...  he pretends like he dropped out for health reasons but he really did because polls showed he was way behind her in his home turf of New York City.

The New Yorkers you've been exposed to probably aren't the blacks from Harlem who complained of getting shot at by his police force or the art community that complained about his censorship...  

And no, when I did Brambillas scale my partisanship was far from Ted Kennedy's...  in fact it was to the right of Bill Clintons in between Clinton and Powell.

M

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2004, 08:02:28 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2004, 08:13:47 PM by M »

He should run for senate in '06, then president in ;08. He will run for governor in '06, then president in '08.

I have not yet heard the criticism of Giuliani that his administration caused people to pee more. Is it not possible that this was merely the result of excess drinking during the Dinkins administration?

In fact, all criticism of Giuliani appears to revolve around the toilet. I note that CTGuy feels he is not enough of a fan of poo (althiugh he specifically criticizes Giuliani for allowing too much pee). And what is this about Giuliani's Gestapo rampaging through Harlem and murdering people? Last I heard, it was actually the black mobs who rampaged through Crown Heights and murdered people. But I digress.

I do feel ready at this time to reveal CTGuy's secret identity. He is in fact the Reverend Al Sharpton. Welcome to the board, Reverend. We would be happy to answer any of your questions about the Federal Reserve Board.

On a more serious note, I think Rudy would pull out a victory in most conceivable GOP primaries for prez (unless there were too many moderate candidates, or another really strong one like Schwarzenegger (following the Hatch amendment)). And he would crussh Hillary Clinton in a White House bid, although a Giuliani-Bayh race would be very interesting.
CTguy

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2004, 08:12:13 PM »

You're right, CTguy, my poll is stupid.  Thats why my poll has been up for 15 hours 36 minutes and recieved 21 votes (one vote every 44 minutes) while yours has been up for 29 hours 11 minutes and recieved 24 votes (one vote every 73 minutes).

I win again, yacht boy.  Now go make all your friends vote on your fetus poll so you can say you were more popular than me.

Have you ever heard of diminishing marginal returns...  No of course you haven't you're dumb...  after a while you will get less bang for your buck...

If there are 24 people on the forum and 21 respond after one day and 24 respond after 10 days...  that doesn't mean one poll is better because it gets 21 responses per day while the other gets 2.4 per day...  You're a moron.
CTguy

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2004, 08:34:08 PM »

You wouldn't expect diminishing marginal returns after only 29 hours.

I'm sure they love your Econ 101 excuses in the business world.

By the way, there are not 24 users in the forum.  If you took a brief look at the members list, you'd see that there are 406 registered users use this forum.  Not to mention all the people who stumble into this forum each day as guests doing research for school and personal reasons.

You are an idiot...  I never said there were 24 members on the forum, it was an allegory...  you were just too dumb to realize that...  the point was that initially topics get responded to and voted on and then soon after when a new topic starts they get less attention.  If your logic were correct you would have about 48 responses tomorrow...  I'm doubtful you will, my econ 101 taught me that...  perhaps you should take it if you ever get an education.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2004, 08:41:34 PM »

Giulianai should take the Senate seat away from Clinton and then just settle in.  He should know he could never win a Republican primary, so he should just enjoy the Senate.
CTguy

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2004, 08:49:53 PM »

Giulianai should take the Senate seat away from Clinton and then just settle in.  He should know he could never win a Republican primary, so he should just enjoy the Senate.

He would never beat Clinton in New York...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2004, 08:53:27 PM »

He would never beat Clinton in New York...

I hope we get a chance to find out.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies