Denmark parliamentary election: 15-09-2011 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:47:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Denmark parliamentary election: 15-09-2011 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Denmark parliamentary election: 15-09-2011  (Read 72681 times)
Heimdal
HenryH

« on: September 03, 2011, 06:32:14 AM »

It is really interesting that you should mention that Ingemann, because that was the situation in Norway as well (I lived there from 1995-1999). In Oslo (Norways capital city), Venstre (the sister party of the Danish Venstre) was practically destroyed in the early parts of the 20th century. They have only reappeared the last few years.
If I remember correctly I think they were replaced by Hoyre, which is the main center-right party, and the Norwegian equivalent of the Danish Conservative party.

The vote on the left was splitt between the more dominant Arbeiderpartiet and smaler NKP (the communist party).
Heimdal
HenryH

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 03:08:08 PM »

If the Christian Democrats for example would get past the 2% (I think) threshold, have they said which coalition they would prefer to be in ? Do they even want to be in one or do the coalitions want them to be part of it ?

I guess from their platform, they would enter the current government coalition, right ?

I don't think they would support the current coalition on the right, mainly because of The Danish Peoples party. In that respect they are quite like the Norwegian Christian Democrats.
The difference is that the Norwegian Christian Democrats are at least somewhat relevant.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies