Who is the most gay-friendly hopeful? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:51:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who is the most gay-friendly hopeful? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who is the most gay-friendly hopeful?  (Read 7718 times)
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« on: August 29, 2011, 05:52:40 PM »

No. Paul has your typical anti-gay evangelical troll views. He doesn't support civil unions, doesn't support anti-discrimination laws, doesn't support anti-bullying measures, etc. At least in public view (and probably privately as well, where both are more gay-friendly), Huntsman is not that different from Obama, though.

No idea what Johnson's positions are; he's just a joke.
I haven't heard of a joke 2-term governor with a billion dollar surplus and highest job creation for his state out of all states and is still very popular where people know him.

Paul and Johnson would be slap bang in the middle of the pro/anti gay scale because both of them seem to want to just stay out of it. Why should the government care if you are gay? My favourite thing about Paul is that though his personal views don't support gay marriage, he doesn't let that get in the way of his view that the government shouldn't care if you're gay.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 09:16:29 AM »

Karger
Johnson
Paul
Huntsman
Obama
Perry
McCotter
Romney
Cain
Gingrich
Bachmann
Santorum

I give more credit to Republicans at the top here for taking a position more gay-friendly than most of their party.
Spot on apart from Perry. After his gaffe about letting NY legalise gay marriage he proposed a constitutional amendment banning it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies