The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:06:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 41
Author Topic: The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 193116 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: October 21, 2011, 12:22:00 AM »

I'm not going to even bother quoting it, but just refer to BigSkyBob's proposal in the Ohio redistricting thread and his straight-faced defense of it. I mean that makes pbrower's airhub theory, "age wave" and "approval plus six" stuff look like top notch quality political analysis.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #201 on: October 21, 2011, 03:47:02 AM »

Leader Gaddafi and Muatassim Gaddafi's images reminds me not of Mussolini, but of Guevara's martydom. Libya's future under people that make extrajudicial executions is more tyranny, poverty and war. We'll miss you Gaddafi.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #202 on: October 21, 2011, 05:22:12 AM »

Basically the thread was just me and whoever Conservatarian was (Roachambeau, Kyle, Jewcon, whoever) exchanging...insults? Not exactly sure what to call them.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #203 on: October 21, 2011, 08:10:45 AM »

Obama's base is very simple: Folks who get more from government than they put in.

If you advocate robbing Peter to pay Paul, you can generally rely upon the support of Paul.

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #204 on: October 21, 2011, 08:36:59 AM »

I'm not going to even bother quoting it, but just refer to BigSkyBob's proposal in the Ohio redistricting thread and his straight-faced defense of it. I mean that makes pbrower's airhub theory, "age wave" and "approval plus six" stuff look like top notch quality political analysis.

Any chance of a synopsis? Because if it's crazy enough I must just read it...
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #205 on: October 21, 2011, 09:47:18 AM »

Any chance of a synopsis? Because if it's crazy enough I must just read it...

He proposed that if the current hideous gerrymander gets challenged in a referendum the GOP should try to pass a new map that consists of a majority black district around Cleveland/Akron and the rest of the state being a huge 15-member multi-seat district and then continued to argue with a straight face that this is no different from multi-member State House districts in states like New Hampshire and West Virginia and that it would not violate federal law.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #206 on: October 21, 2011, 09:59:03 AM »

He still has the support of Blacks, Unions, White liberals, and youths, though all of them have become disenchanted with him compared to three years ago. However, when looking at the current Republican field, there's no doubt that they will support him for reelection.

He'd lose the youth vote to Ron Paul.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #207 on: October 21, 2011, 11:18:40 AM »

He still has the support of Blacks, Unions, White liberals, and youths, though all of them have become disenchanted with him compared to three years ago. However, when looking at the current Republican field, there's no doubt that they will support him for reelection.

He'd lose the youth vote to Ron Paul.

ROFLMAO
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #208 on: October 22, 2011, 11:53:42 AM »

Let's talk about class...

When FDR died, Japanese Government, although the two sides waged a total war against each other, actually did offer condolences to the American people, following death of "the great man".

Now, compare it to some Western leaders reactions (especially laughing Hillary) on Gaddafi death, even if they were almost bowing to him before revolution started.

So, regardless of our opinions of Gaddafi himself, let's compare behavior of those "savage Japs" with current Western, civilized leaders.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #209 on: October 22, 2011, 05:23:29 PM »

Obama tried to "spread the wealth around" but instead succeeded in spreading poverty around.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #210 on: October 23, 2011, 12:24:20 PM »

My assumption is not that dumb since Johnson looks a bit like a spic.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #211 on: October 23, 2011, 02:30:31 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2011, 04:09:50 PM by Yet another display name referencing Herman Cain's 999 Plan »

Actually, America lost all those wars.

It is amusing that DINO Bush-clone Obama adopted Bush's exit date.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #212 on: October 23, 2011, 03:47:06 PM »

Why should the Federal government be giving out loans. The states should be doing these programs.

Why do conservatives/libertarians worship the 'states"?

It's not because of the Constitution, btw. There are plenty of parts of the  Constitution that conservatives and libertarians ignore/dislike.

Because, the US is made up of 50 sovereign "states". "States". A state is a country, not a province. The logic behind the Federal government was to keep peace between the states and protect them as a whole. Not to pay for your higher education.

Tell me, what do Conservatives ignore in the Constitution, and dont use the PATRIOT ACT as an example, that is NOT Conservative.
Why should the Federal government be giving out loans. The states should be doing these programs.

Why do conservatives/libertarians worship the 'states"?

It's not because of the Constitution, btw. There are plenty of parts of the Constitution that conservatives and libertarians ignore/dislike.

Name some.

4th Amendment
14th Amendment
16th Amendment
17th Amendment
Necessary and Proper Clause
Commerce Clause

Search and Seizure--PATRIOT ACT. The Patriot Act was supported by Neoconservatives, like Bush and Cheney, not Paul.

14th Amendment--Stop playing the race card. Birthright citizenship is something we oppose to people whose parents were not born in the US or are here illegally. Not the anchor baby thing either.

16th Amendment--Thats theft. Your taking from one person to help another. That, while not having a bad motive, is still theft.

17th Amendment--Granted, I don't know why anyone would oppose this.

Necessary and Proper Clause--Obama is just as bad with executive orders as anyone else is/would be.

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #213 on: October 25, 2011, 06:31:31 PM »

Your average union boss is considerably better-compensated than your average corporate executive.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #214 on: October 27, 2011, 11:03:44 AM »

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #215 on: October 28, 2011, 08:14:05 AM »

Yeah:  Many Christians understand Islam is the enemy of individual freedom and that the US is the champion of individual freedom.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #216 on: October 28, 2011, 12:07:05 PM »

I have no idea how this connection is made:

So, her daughters wanted princess costumes, and she refused because of her own social agenda. Deplorable.

Really?!  If this is "deplorable" then what would you call illegally invading another country based upon a lie?  This is silly perhaps but deplorable?  You must have spent the better part of the last decade constantly seething.

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #217 on: October 28, 2011, 03:51:34 PM »

Yeah:  Many Christians understand Islam is the enemy of individual freedom and that the US is the champion of individual freedom.

I can't believe that people actually think like this.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #218 on: October 28, 2011, 03:54:45 PM »

Really? Where have you been the last decade?
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #219 on: October 28, 2011, 04:06:05 PM »

he's been enjoying the freedom of Sharia law...and each Tuesday, he gets together with his Christian neighbors and together they run a local food bank
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #220 on: October 28, 2011, 04:15:11 PM »

Really, everything that jmfcst has said in that thread has struck me as absurd and ignorant, though to be fair I know that he feels the same about what I've said.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #221 on: October 28, 2011, 04:58:27 PM »

Really, everything that jmfcst has said in that thread has struck me as absurd and ignorant, though to be fair I know that he feels the same about what I've said.

as I said, arguments for waiting out Iran are viable, but claiming [SWAT teams are a "sin" but that sin is sometimes justifiable] is pure deception.  Once thing you'll discover about me is that I HATE attempts to distort language in an blatant attempt to piss down my back.

And when it comes from Christians, it is ALWAYS wrapped in some smiley face “why can’t we be friends” BS.  And when I say ALWAYS, I mean always.  The atheist don’t do it, rather it is always some Christian attempting to peddle BS that thinks wrappering their BS in “love” somehow is going to fool me.  It just makes it more sickening.

Deception is the antithesis of love.  Many have attempted it in the past and I’ve always called them out for it, and you are no exception.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #222 on: October 29, 2011, 02:36:21 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2011, 02:41:21 AM by Nathan »

as I said, arguments for waiting out Iran are viable, but claiming [SWAT teams are a "sin" but that sin is sometimes justifiable] is pure deception.  Once thing you'll discover about me is that I HATE attempts to distort language in an blatant attempt to piss down my back.

People who think that only slightly unconventional uses of language are 'distortions' have only their own simplistic view of language to blame. I never said that sin is 'justifiable' (I used words like 'understandable', 'tragic', 'forgivable', and even 'necessary' in response to an absurdly extreme hypothetical that nobody asked you about, always conditioning this by trying to point out the fallenness of the world only to realise that you think that this excuses your own love of crudeness and cruelty, but at no point 'justifiable', a word that you insisted on using after I tried repeatedly to clarify this point) and if you keep saying that I did I'm seriously considering reporting you.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If you find it half as sickening as I find your aggressively ignorant, arrogant, in-group out-group stupidity and complacency in the face of a sick and fallen world, then that's more sickeningness than anybody should have to deal with.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Gee, I would've thought that the antithesis of love involved things like demonizing entire populations and describing atomic strikes against civilian targets as completely acceptable and decent.

Calling people out for deception when they weren't trying to deceive anyone and kept trying to steer you in directions that explained the points they were trying to make better than they could, to no avail because of the predetermined remorselessness of your own assumptions and obsessions, is called bullying, sweetie.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #223 on: October 29, 2011, 03:49:11 AM »

Northern California
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #224 on: October 29, 2011, 04:27:17 AM »

Northern California
Thankfully, "understand" can be used in the sense of "believe to know", rendering the sentence (though not the sentiment) sensible.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 41  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies