Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2014, 01:19:24 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC, Badger)
| | |-+  The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 42 Print
Author Topic: The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 82126 times)
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: March 29, 2012, 09:09:22 am »
Ignore

Lets turn to California. George Clooney vs Jerry Brown.

A high profile race and one that everyone is watching. Clooney hoping to follow in the footsteps of former governor and President Reagan. Reagan was an actor as well and then had a very succesful political career. We have some news in this race. Clooney wins. George Clooney will be the next governor of California. An interesting development. Clooney wins in California, defeating California democratic powerhouse Jerry Brown. A pick up for republicans in California.[/size]

George Clooney Wins California Gubernatorial Election

Thirty seconds before we go to break...

He might have a chance for a very successful political career starting with that office.

Were coming back.

I claim credit for the Clooney for Governor idea!

...as a Republican?

Yeah, hilarious.

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: -4.52

View Profile WWW
« Reply #751 on: March 29, 2012, 10:36:20 am »
Ignore

meta
I am home from Kenya and God has revealed Himself in mighty ways to me this week and I served the children of Maisha.  One of the things He has told me is to curtail my activities and my time on this forum.  I am not going to leave the forum, but I am going to try to cut down on how much I am on here and what threads I post on.  I am not leaving my passion for politics, either.  I still support the same candidate before and after Kenya, Mitt Romney.  I need to devote more time to worshipping my Heavenly Father and serving His children.  Plus, I have two sponsor children that I am responsible for, so i am going to research and find ways to give them what they need beyond the sponsorship requirement without sacrificing my own bills.  I am also going to do a lot of house cleaning on facebook.  I have also been given the honor of mentoring and being a big brother to one very special young person, so I need to devote more of myself to this person and making sure they develop into the person God has called them to be.

" But freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order."
- Justice Robert Jackson WV SBE v Barnette
Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #752 on: March 29, 2012, 11:30:30 am »

meta
I am home from Kenya and God has revealed Himself in mighty ways to me this week and I served the children of Maisha.  One of the things He has told me is to curtail my activities and my time on this forum.  I am not going to leave the forum, but I am going to try to cut down on how much I am on here and what threads I post on.  I am not leaving my passion for politics, either.  I still support the same candidate before and after Kenya, Mitt Romney.  I need to devote more time to worshipping my Heavenly Father and serving His children.  Plus, I have two sponsor children that I am responsible for, so i am going to research and find ways to give them what they need beyond the sponsorship requirement without sacrificing my own bills.  I am also going to do a lot of house cleaning on facebook.  I have also been given the honor of mentoring and being a big brother to one very special young person, so I need to devote more of myself to this person and making sure they develop into the person God has called them to be.

I'm sorry, but why did people throw a fit about this thread being locked when posts here just keep getting crossposted in the goldmine and vice versa?
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Vatican City State
View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 29, 2012, 11:31:28 am »
Ignore

I'm sorry, but why did people throw a fit about this thread being locked when posts here just keep getting crossposted in the goldmine and vice versa?

This one was absurd and funny. Smiley

Why not just ban the entire forum except Gully and Oakvale?

It would simply be the logical conclusion of the current ban-wave.
Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -5.74

View Profile WWW
« Reply #754 on: March 29, 2012, 11:55:28 am »
Ignore

meta

A post can sometimes be funny and absurd, or just one of the two.

Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Vatican City State
View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 29, 2012, 11:59:34 am »
Ignore

As long as there are no side attacks on each other this is a repository for postings......I don't know why it upsets you so, to be honest.

King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 29, 2012, 12:04:03 pm »
Ignore

Guys, posts don't grow on trees. We have to be conservative on our usage of these threads.

Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #757 on: March 29, 2012, 03:56:06 pm »

As long as there are no side attacks on each other this is a repository for postings......I don't know why it upsets you so, to be honest.

It doesn't upset me - I just don't get it.
Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Vatican City State
View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 30, 2012, 11:00:12 am »
Ignore

It doesn't upset me - I just don't get it.

I don't get half of the threads on the FC & OT boards....... Tongue

shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: -4.52

View Profile WWW
« Reply #759 on: March 30, 2012, 01:21:29 pm »
Ignore

meta

A post can sometimes be funny and absurd, or just one of the two.
or neither - which confuses people and so they feel they have to put it in both threads just in case.

" But freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order."
- Justice Robert Jackson WV SBE v Barnette
farewell
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 31, 2012, 04:03:15 am »
Ignore

What's more, Oklahoma is a hardcore Republican state.
...in 1948.

I may conceivably reconsider.

Knowing me it's more likely than not.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 31, 2012, 08:00:18 am »
Ignore

...in 1948.

Oh yeah. I didn't know about the whole Democrat/Republican switch back then.

farewell
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 31, 2012, 09:12:42 am »
Ignore

...in 1948.

Oh yeah. I didn't know about the whole Democrat/Republican switch back then.
I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt and think you'd just forgotten in a momentary brainfart...

I may conceivably reconsider.

Knowing me it's more likely than not.
I am stabbed by grace and slinging blood
BRTD
YaBB God
Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 31, 2012, 10:55:56 am »
Ignore

I oppose it from the Libertarian realm (I voted from the right, because I tend to agree with the right on this issue.)

Survival of the wealthiest?

Survival of the ones who don't feel like they need to depend on a "higher power" to take care of them and essentially hold their hand from cradle to grave.

Famous True Leftists:

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 31, 2012, 01:04:49 pm »
Ignore

I oppose it from the Libertarian realm (I voted from the right, because I tend to agree with the right on this issue.)

Survival of the wealthiest?

Survival of the ones who don't feel like they need to depend on a "higher power" to take care of them and essentially hold their hand from cradle to grave.

Ideology-based bias, I see?

Paul Kemp
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #765 on: March 31, 2012, 03:48:18 pm »
Ignore

What else would one expect from a desperate, underhanded, conniving, double-dealer like Santorum, who knows he's lost but is simply too arrogant and self centred to do the right thing and drop out for the good of the party.

Santorum has become so frantic about losing that he has stooped so low as to stealing delegates from Romney.

This is truly a dispicable performance that Santorum and Paul have colluded in.

oakvale
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 02, 2012, 01:42:10 pm »
Ignore

one of the rare stupid things on Family Guy

Senior Associate Justice of the Supreme Court in Atlasia.
GRIMES FOR KENTUCKY SENATOR
dadge
Rookie
United Kingdom

P
View Profile WWW
« Reply #767 on: April 02, 2012, 02:00:14 pm »
Ignore

Stupid question, but don't people realise how irritating those huge signature pictures are?
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 02, 2012, 02:18:51 pm »
Ignore

Stupid question, but don't people realise how irritating those huge signature pictures are?

From time to time, yes.

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 02, 2012, 02:22:14 pm »
Ignore

Absurd part highlighted.

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.
Snowstalker
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -8.39, S: -3.30

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 02, 2012, 03:43:15 pm »
Ignore

Not only would I support US/Israel, I'm hoping they start it.

Paul Kemp
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 04, 2012, 11:51:39 am »
Ignore

I'm still waiting for the examples of President Obama apologizing for the United States abroad.

"People of Berlin, people of the world, this is our moment. This is our time. I know my country has not perfected itself. (cheers) At times we struggle to keep the promise of liberty and equality for all of our people, we’ve made our share of mistakes, and there are times when our actions around the world have not lived up to our best intentions."

and

“… America was not born as a colonial power,” he told the Arab viewing audience – implying we are now. And he regretfully confessed, “We sometimes make mistakes. We are not perfect.”

Just two examples out of many. Does he ever say the word "apologize" ? No. But it's greatly implied.....

Paul Kemp
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 04, 2012, 02:22:00 pm »
Ignore

Pretty sure Romney has never taken a $50,000/day vacation, and certainly not at the taxpayer's expense.

Emperor Scott
Scott
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -5.74

View Profile WWW
« Reply #773 on: April 04, 2012, 02:27:49 pm »
Ignore

Not only would I support US/Israel, I'm hoping they start it.

Holy s**t.

Snowstalker
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -8.39, S: -3.30

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 04, 2012, 07:53:27 pm »
Ignore

A senate race that we forgot to tell you about. Republican senator John Vitter is seeking his third term to the senate against Cedric Richmond, the only democratic congressman in Louisiana. That race is undecided at this time.

In Utah, govenor Perry carries that state. Its a strong republican state and remains that way.

Rick Perry Wins Utah

In North Dakota, there was a time when democrats thought they would have a chance there, obviously tonight they don't. Perry wins in North Dakota.

Rick Perry Wins North Dakota

Nevada, well between Perry and Clinton, is undecided at this hour. Iowa is also undecided at this hour between the two. However, Michigan, this is a big projection, Michigan goes to Perry.

Rick Perry Wins Michigan

Rick Perry also wins Montana tonight and adds the elrectoral votes from Montana to his winning total tonight. Not a surprise.

Rick Perry Wins Montana
Perry: 318        Clinton: 87        270 needed to win

Now lets turn to some senate races that had their polls close at the 10 o'clock hour. Lets look them over.

Mike Lee easily wins again in Utah. A hold for the republicans there.

Mike Lee Wins Utah Senate Election

In Iowa, Jim Nussle is running against Leonard Boswell. They are running to succeed Chuck Grassley, the outgoing republican. That race is undecided at this time.

In North Dakota, John Hoeven wins there tonight again. Its a hold for the republicans there.

John Hoeven Wins North Dakota Senate Election

Six years ago, if they thought it was tough for Harry Reid six years ago, its even tough now. Brian Sandoval, the governor of Nevada, is challenging Harry Reid for his senate seat in Nevada tonight. That race is undecided.
Republican: 47        Democrat: 38        Independent: 1        51 needed for absolute majority

Lets turn to our panel for some quick commentary.

You know, now the question is not if Perry will win, the question is what his margin of victory will be. He has a decent lead right now.

Any reasons from exit polls for such a mandate for governor Perry?

Across the nation, it shows character, likability, among other things.

Were coming back. Stay with us.

Along with Republican Governor George Clooney, Rick Perry is now beating Hillary Clinton by a landslide in GPORTERLand.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 42 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout