The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:39:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 193281 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: August 29, 2011, 11:55:42 AM »

We needed this thread. I was considering doing one myself (calling it "stupidity sh*tmine") but forgot about it.

I had made a thread like that but it didn't last very long.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 12:59:43 PM »

Why do we need threads documenting J.J., krazen, pbrower, CARLHAYDEN and jfern's posting histories?

What is wrong with jfern?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 11:00:17 AM »

It has become pretty clear that only a Paul or a Kucinich will fix our dangerous foreign policy mistakes here in the US of A.

Love it. Grin

Especially because the 1st guy would implement the opposite policies of the 2nd one...

You make no sense.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 02:31:33 PM »

I think he wanted this so I will comply.

The only actively genocidal people I've ever met were Jewish, so they have to be one of them by default.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 09:54:19 AM »

It has become pretty clear that only a Paul or a Kucinich will fix our dangerous foreign policy mistakes here in the US of A.

Love it. Grin

Especially because the 1st guy would implement the opposite policies of the 2nd one...

You make no sense.

So, what differences would exist in their foreign policies?

This is his method of personal attack. It doesn't matter to him whether or not he makes a fool out of himself in the process.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 07:55:34 PM »

Love it. Grin

You make no sense.

So, what differences would exist in their foreign policies?

Still waiting for for Paul Kemp to explain the difference.

What? I didn't say they would be different. I posted it in here based on the idea that their policies would completely solve our foreign policy problems.

So you also failed to understand my post...
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 10:09:49 AM »

Fixing our mistakes would in no way completely solve our foreign policy problems. It would be a good first step, sure, but for you to equate the two leads me to believe you failed to understand my post. The other option would be a failure to understand how foreign policy works.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 10:16:12 AM »

OK, my bad. I misread. I'm not an expert on Kucinich and Paul's foreign policy planks, but if there is an issue where they aren't necessarily diametrally opposed, it might be foreign policy.

Uhh...
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 10:24:03 AM »

Couching an accusation of racism qualifies, eh? 

Grumpy I think we all know why you picked Africa.

Actually that is a funny post. I should take him off of ignore
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 01:02:26 PM »

Grow up Antonio. Find someone else to pick on for no reason.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 06:30:20 PM »

Grow up Antonio. Find someone else to pick on for no reason.
You kinda had it coming, considering you started the "exchange" with this insult: (FYI, I personally don't find calling someone a socially conservative a bad thing, but I could certainly see why someone like Antonio would take it as one)

Another day posting, another discussion where good people who believe in freedom have to help Antonio realize he is essentially a social conservative.

My post was not childish, insulting, or inaccurate as an assessment of his leanings.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 02:17:51 PM »

Lots of Sanchez posts!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 02:19:54 PM »

Yeah it's totally the same thing dude.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 12:42:51 PM »

Should just get a yellow avatar and be done with it.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 02:10:35 PM »

To celebrate his absence I'll submit this as my pick for the single most idiotic posting ever in the history of Atlas:

Canadians can not view Hulu.

It's not the only website. There are a lot of websites that Americans can visit, that Canadians can not.

Perhaps other non-autistic canadians do not get offended, but I do. Every time I hear the word "Hulu" it gets translated in my head as "F*** you canadian, I am American, thats right you f***ing Canadian, I am American and I'm better than you cause I can watch this clip and you f***ing looser can't"

Fyi, one of the traits of Autism Spectrum Disorders is that they are more likely to get offended by perceived injustices, especially arbitrary-seeming ones.  Autistic folks fixate on this stuff until they get a satisfying resolution.  They are unable to let it go like we can.  (Imagine how mad you feel when someone does something arbitrarily cruel or thoughtless to you; that's about what it's like for them.)   When you know this, his post makes total sense.

You're really being an ass here, although I understand that you probably didn't realize that.

I can vouch for this. I should mention that I've spent a great deal of time and effort working on empathy and a sense of perspective despite (or perhaps because of) being diagnosed with high-functioning autism myself very early in life.
Never would have guessed (seriously).
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 07:43:08 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2012, 07:51:46 PM by Governor Napoleon »

He... actually... did... backtrack ? Shocked

Wow ! I've no idea where this comes from, but the result is all that matters. So, thank you Inks.

I would sincerely like to thank Mr. Inks and hope we can put the unfortunate events of the past behind us.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 07:50:10 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2012, 07:55:54 PM by Governor Napoleon »

Stop trolling.

The last thing we need is this thread, we fought for, being trolled to death.

Roll Eyes

This thread is for absurd, ignorant, or bad posts.

If I have a thousand dollars, and some crazed mad man steals the money, and I only get the money back a few days later after "fighting for it", it makes no sense to offer thanks to the crazed mad man.

"Oh, you're the one who kidnapped my child? Thanks for giving it back a week later! I just love you!"
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 12:48:04 PM »

Well it is rude for one, and contradicts the notion of love thy neighbor. Typical.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2012, 01:00:37 PM »
« Edited: April 05, 2012, 01:03:43 PM by Governor Napoleon »

A religious accusing others of groupthink? You can't help but love this sh**t.

It's okay. Step outside when you're ready. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2012, 01:07:14 PM »

Weird phrasing.
Anyway my best friend since childhood is gay and came out to me. When you're ready, you will be accepted more than you may think right now. Not to mention, you will feel a lot better.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2012, 12:45:37 AM »

Maybe its time for the silent majority to speak.  All of the people who were bitching about Inks's decision to close this thread are, by and large, the same spammers and circle-jerkers that regularly degrade the quality of The Atlas.

LOL ... dude, why do you even post here?  A large amount of your posts are dedicated to simply reposting stuff in this thread.  Try actually engaging in poltical discussion instead of spending most of your time on the Forum Community board.  After all, this is a POLITICAL forum.

Respect your elders Inks. He's been around on this forum A LOT longer than you have.

Whoa dude. Don't you see his stars are green? Where is your hall pass?!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2012, 04:09:22 AM »
« Edited: April 06, 2012, 04:18:29 AM by Governor Napoleon »

The homophone ending up being gay meme has been around for ages. It is actually sad how often it ends up being the case. I thought TJ would have seen a reaction like that coming before he posted that. I didn't see this outrage when people (including moderators) almost bullied Miles off the forum.
I don't really put posts in here though except when I wanted to make a point about locking this thread.
oh, and im actually older than you but not by much
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2012, 05:10:27 AM »

Thanks Scott, Napoleon and Clarance. You three were always really good to me.

This thread is probably something of an overreaction, but things that The Mikado and Leif said about me being and HP really bugged me. I guess I kinda wanted to make a point.

I'll probably do another thread on how we all need to be nicer and more civil  to each other (I'll post that sometime soon), but I'll probably stay on. Smiley

To which Mikado responds:

I don't call people who disagree with me horrible people.  I call bigoted misogynists horrible people.  You're in the latter category.

I didn't think that was very cool. Miles' feelings were more obviously hurt there than TJ could be from this, and the moderator proceeds with another. I'm just glad it didn't end pushing a good member of with unique views to leave this forum. If anything, TJ's post could be hurtful to anyone who, or anyone with friends or loved ones who, are gay and have had to deal with homophobic parents and the pain it can cause. Torie handled it better though.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2012, 08:15:09 AM »

So the two people who most emphasized on using this thread only to quote posts have just engaged into a flame war in the exact same thread ? LOL
Dave's vision and all.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 08:34:32 PM »

The one in my PM box is much, much worse Haha.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies