The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:48:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 193347 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: August 29, 2011, 01:39:16 PM »

Why do we need threads documenting J.J., krazen, pbrower, CARLHAYDEN and jfern's posting histories?

What is wrong with jfern?

Another entry!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 02:58:30 PM »

So you actually think Kucinich and Paul would implement the same policies ? Huh

Once again, you ignore the specific kind of policies that Napoleon was referring to. I know the English word is completely different from the French word, but I assume you still know it. Smiley

Surely, someone speaking foreign would be expected to understand the word?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 06:07:14 AM »

So you actually think Kucinich and Paul would implement the same policies ? Huh

Once again, you ignore the specific kind of policies that Napoleon was referring to. I know the English word is completely different from the French word, but I assume you still know it. Smiley

Surely, someone speaking foreign would be expected to understand the word?

I was trying to give him credit here, albeit in a rather idiosyncratic fashion. I'm not seriously suggesting that he wouldn't know the meaning of the word "foreign".

An Australian friend of mine told me yesterday that the thinks sarcasm in Sweden is more subtle than in many other countries leading to frequent misunderstandings. I think this supports that theory. Wink
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 09:08:32 PM »

He is sometimes funny, though mostly because he can due to his position of power in the cabal still insult people with impugnity.  Back when I could vent my spleen freely I was quite similar.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 07:05:21 PM »

He is sometimes funny, though mostly because he can due to his position of power in the cabal still insult people with impugnity.  Back when I could vent my spleen freely I was quite similar.

'Vent my spleen' is a common figure of speech, Gustaf.

I think you missed the absurdity.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 07:22:08 PM »

I'm not particularly interested in either the original discussion or the ensuing bitchfest, but I'll note that I always considered it poor form to exit a discussion to post the opponent's replies in one of the mines.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 02:22:37 PM »

Most disgusting post ever? Most disgusting post ever.

It's vile, but there have been a couple worse.

It reminds me of some of the things AuH2ORepublican from 2004-2005 often said, which of course are the ones that can compete with it.

And I think, we are forgetting the existence of Richius (speaking of the return of the repressed....)

In what way was he repressed?

And I can't really say I find that to be near the most disgusting, bad as it is. I've seen lots worse on here.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 05:39:32 AM »

Some people still believe these cute graphs are somehow representative of reality.

Wow...I guess it's good that you're posting directly into this thread at least. :/
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 04:14:01 AM »

Gustaf's crush on J. J. is pretty inexplicable. I don't think I've ever seen him criticize him ever.

Eh...we real, sane men don't have "crushes" on strangers on the internet. That's just you.

I just never found it funny nor civilized to laugh at other peoples' disabilities. I guess a good Christian like you disagrees with that?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 05:56:34 PM »

Gustaf's crush on J. J. is pretty inexplicable. I don't think I've ever seen him criticize him ever.

Eh...we real, sane men don't have "crushes" on strangers on the internet. That's just you.

I just never found it funny nor civilized to laugh at other peoples' disabilities. I guess a good Christian like you disagrees with that?

The joke wasn't about disabilities but rather his inexplicable streak of spamming with the price of gold and Dow closing numbers.

I don't think you understand jokes very well.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 04:04:02 AM »

Can a Presidential candidate for once use a screamo metal campaign song rather than a sappy country or pop ballad?

For implying that such a thing as "screamo metal" even exists.

For implying that anyone else cares about such a thing as "screamo metal"
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 03:28:44 AM »

I'm one of the most humble people I know.

Something about calling oneself "most humble" just got me...

Americans really aren't very good at irony, are you now? Tongue
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 07:52:48 PM »

I'm one of the most humble people I know.

Something about calling oneself "most humble" just got me...

Americans really aren't very good at irony, are you now? Tongue

The proper American response is:  You've got a lot to be humble about.  Tongue

That's a response I would have appreciated and probably would have put in one of these threads.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 02:41:40 AM »

The last 2 pages are good examples of why this is a stupid thread. TJ posted something that one can certainly find very disagreeable (I do) but which is an opinion and probably a fairly common opinion in the world.

Now, instead of actually responding to that and proving via argumentation why it is wrong, someone posts it here. General sneering ensues. When he responds here, his response is just quoted back. That's playground taunting of the kind that would be embarassing even to a 9-year old.

Are you guys really so uncertain of your opinions that you need to post them here to get validation? And do you really have to accuse homophobes of being closeted to make your points? I know some of you are young, but still. Grow up and either stand for your views or shut up about them.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 04:59:05 AM »

The homophone ending up being gay meme has been around for ages. It is actually sad how often it ends up being the case. I thought TJ would have seen a reaction like that coming before he posted that. I didn't see this outrage when people (including moderators) almost bullied Miles off the forum.
I don't really put posts in here though except when I wanted to make a point about locking this thread.
oh, and im actually older than you but not by much

Eh, I know it has. I don't live under a rock. It's just that it's rather crude. It is, essentially, just name-calling.

And I wasn't specifically talking about you nor about, strictly speaking, actual age. The mental age of this behaviour is under the threshold for being allowed on the forum, after all.

Also, I don't know what the Miles thing you're refering to is.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 01:24:44 AM »

I don't get people who post on and like this thread.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 11:42:18 AM »

This is getting too gross.

I. Am. Not. Voting. For. Anti-Semitic. Parties.
(Except BNP and FN, other stuff compensates it)

It's even dumber in context, when you note the "Anti-Semitic parties" he's referring to are basically Labour, Tories and the Lib Dem, meaning it reaches a kind of post-modern state of utter absurdity.

No, he's obviously refering to Mosley.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2012, 09:25:31 AM »

Heavily Republican. It's a right-wing site.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Extremely heavily Republican. Psychiatry is right-wing by definition.

The other demographics I don't know about.

Generally those threads are dumb but I'm pretty sure this guy is serious.

I take it you don't know Bandit. He's a completely deranged poster who's been around for years. He usually claims that Republicans steal elections in Kentucky because no one he knows there vote for them.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 03:01:02 PM »

I like that a discussion filled with bad posts is held directly here. If that was the way the thread was used I'd have nothing against it, actually.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies