The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:09:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 193348 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: August 30, 2011, 09:27:25 PM »

Posting directly into the Deluge, I see. How PoMo.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 10:01:58 PM »

I didn't see some of those posts (or didn't read them). Well, rules is rules (especially when I wrote them). And they'll remain here, in this thread, even when, you know.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 08:36:59 AM »

I'm not going to even bother quoting it, but just refer to BigSkyBob's proposal in the Ohio redistricting thread and his straight-faced defense of it. I mean that makes pbrower's airhub theory, "age wave" and "approval plus six" stuff look like top notch quality political analysis.

Any chance of a synopsis? Because if it's crazy enough I must just read it...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 05:26:20 PM »

You are not a patient of a procedure. You are a consumer of a procedure. You are not a patient of a diagnostic test. You are a consumer of a diagnostic test.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 09:51:19 AM »

It's amazing, isn't? Not only does he believe that the War On Christmas is real, he also thinks that it is the result of a Jewish Conspiracy.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 06:26:51 PM »

Most disgusting post ever? Most disgusting post ever.

It's vile, but there have been a couple worse.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 10:12:25 AM »

It's interesting how it has become socially acceptable to make such jokes in recent years.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 10:44:27 AM »

It's interesting how it has become socially acceptable to make such jokes in recent years.

the anonymity or cloak-form of the internet allows for refuge in the more sullied piles of humor.

This sort of thing is now on the telly all the time as well.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 08:53:53 PM »

He's certainly running on an extremely right-wing platform. Just listen for a moment. Now, given that he's a politician that believes in nothing who comes from the objective class position (lol) that he does, and who has previous employment as an asset stripper, then, yeah... in practice he would be extremely right-wing as well.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 02:53:39 PM »

That isn't so much factually inaccurate as morally suspect in implication, to be fair.

Indeed. It actually belongs in the Colliery Disaster of Morally Repugnant Posts.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 03:03:27 PM »

Tbh the idea that your standard Occupy type has read any Marx (beyond a couple of sentences that everyone knows) isn't much dafter.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 08:02:48 PM »

Occasional gems like this almost make me wish that I didn't have Poltice on ignore:

I feel sorry for Democrats. Consider this a warning on trying to paint the Romneys as if they are the Kerrys. If you keep building this up, the testimonies on behalf of the Romneys are going to destroy your campaign. Barack Obama will end up looking like Marlo Stanfield in the eyes of voters.

oh wow
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 05:57:18 AM »

Has anyone pointed out that Allende was not actually a Communist? Of course there's no denying that he was a silly old fool, but then that's hardly the same thing.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 11:39:33 AM »

Yeah, he was a silly old fool who clung to outdated dreams and rhetoric, and who failed to understand how the world actually worked or quite how dangerous it was. Partly because of that he had some dodgy friends. He wasn't a Communist though and was certainly not a dictator. I suppose he was technically a threat to democracy, but only accidentally and because of his own naivety.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 12:31:01 PM »

The programme of land nationalisation started under the previous government. Made up of Christian Democrats. I wonder if they were Communists as well.

It was also found that Allende had been planning his own coup and was planning on massacring most of the officer corps and several hundred opposition politicians and journalists, as only the inauguration of the regime he was planning.

Who 'found' this information and where has it been published?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 08:16:40 PM »

The programme of land nationalisation started under the previous government. Made up of Christian Democrats. I wonder if they were Communists as well.

Not nearly on as wide a scale, and not by a private army loyal only the the President, and not after disobeying thousands of court rulings including a unanimous Supreme Court ruling against it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Who 'found' this information and where has it been published?

It was found by soldiers after they raided one of the regional UP headquarters.  I actually probably shouldn't have brought that up since Allende wasn't directly implicated by it although its at very least indicative of the types of people his government was made up of.
[/quote]

lol
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2012, 11:39:35 AM »

Oh, no. Don't say sorry for that rant, there's really no need to. Smiley
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom