how many states does perry win in this scenario?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:20:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  how many states does perry win in this scenario?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: how many states does perry win in this scenario?  (Read 1991 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 30, 2011, 10:10:05 PM »

double dip UE 11 pc...arab spring spawns several radical islamists states including Egypt...NASA loses space station

go
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 10:11:45 PM »

I say at least 45
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 10:38:25 PM »

Perry wins the Bush '04 states (31)...Obama wins Hawaii, DC, Illinois, Rhode Island Massachusetts and Vermont (5 + DC)....the remaining 14 states vote uncommitted...or everyone commits suicide...
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 06:09:32 AM »

R: 389
D: 149

What hell this would be.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 06:18:31 AM »

Perry would personally lead a mission into space to look for it.  When he returns, he wins 538 electoral votes.  He also has super powers from the cosmic rays.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 07:40:51 AM »

Perry would personally lead a mission into space to look for it.  When he returns, he wins 538 electoral votes.  He also has super powers from the cosmic rays.

He doesn't have to look for it, God will tell him where it is.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 07:49:43 AM »

He doesn't have to look for it, God will tell him where it is.
hopefully, you two are joking and I don't have to explain what is meant by "NASA loses space station"
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 08:20:49 AM »

arab spring spawns several radical islamists states including Egypt

that won't happen sorry bro... eschatological visions will have to wait another day or two
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 08:25:19 AM »

arab spring spawns several radical islamists states including Egypt

that won't happen sorry bro... eschatological visions will have to wait another day or two

yo, my eschatology doesn't require Sharia law, so stop acting like an ignorant ass just because you can't handle the reality of Arab Spring giving rise to a rash of Islamic states ruled by Sharia Law.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 08:31:28 AM »

I do sincerely apologize for being ignorant of the finer points of your personal eschatological theology, but the relevant point is the co-opting of "revolutionary" movements and state structures in the mid-East by US/NATO that all but ensure the rise of pro-Western/Israeli neoliberal client states.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 08:55:22 AM »

the relevant point is the co-opting of "revolutionary" movements and state structures in the mid-East by US/NATO that all but ensure the rise of pro-Western/Israeli neoliberal client states.

what?  the Egyptian street isn't exactly a fan of the US, why would they care what the US thinks about the way they are going?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 09:07:01 AM »

double dip UE 11 pc...arab spring spawns several radical islamists states including Egypt...NASA loses space station

go

you have to think about how that 11 percent is distributed.  States like SD, ND, and NH could still have relatively low (4ish percent) UE and we could get that.  They were likely to vote for Perry anyway.  The really high ones (CA, DC. RI) are probably obama strongholds.  The big difference would maybe be swing states with high unemployment.  For example, Nevada, Michigan, and North Carolina all ditch Obama and go for Perry. 

This nets Perry about 350 votes I'd imagine. 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 09:08:31 AM »

R: 389
D: 149

What hell this would be.

Two possibilities added and you can take out CA.

1.  Rubio is the VP candidate.

2.  Rubio appeals to voters of Mexican/Central American descent.

Even if the first occurs, the second may not.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 07:35:03 AM »

the relevant point is the co-opting of "revolutionary" movements and state structures in the mid-East by US/NATO that all but ensure the rise of pro-Western/Israeli neoliberal client states.

what?  the Egyptian street isn't exactly a fan of the US, why would they care what the US thinks about the way they are going?

no streets particularly like the US.  in the mid East this all but reaches consensus and with good reason.  but regardless, this is little disincentive for US state planners to expand their scope of domination, and often go so far as to provide client states with an extremely limited but genuine modicum of political democracy, civil rights, etc. that can serve as a steam valve for popular discontent.  Iraq is an example of this method having largely failed as it requires a permanent colonizing force of 50k, extremely expensive stuff and not duplicable on a large scale.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 07:45:57 AM »

no streets particularly like the US.  in the mid East this all but reaches consensus and with good reason.  but regardless, this is little disincentive for US state planners to expand their scope of domination, and often go so far as to provide client states with an extremely limited but genuine modicum of political democracy, civil rights, etc. that can serve as a steam valve for popular discontent.  Iraq is an example of this method having largely failed as it requires a permanent colonizing force of 50k, extremely expensive stuff and not duplicable on a large scale.

it failed because Islam is not compatible with the idea of peaceful coexistence with other humans, even other Muslims.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 08:31:31 AM »

Mods, please retitle this thread "jmfcst Wet Dream Scenario." I don't even want to know how many sheets he went through.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 08:45:24 AM »

Mods, please retitle this thread "jmfcst Wet Dream Scenario." I don't even want to know how many sheets he went through.

Perry is hardly my wet dream
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 08:47:08 AM »

It wasn't so much Perry as the rest of the scenario.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 09:00:59 AM »

It wasn't so much Perry as the rest of the scenario.

actually, I have vested interest in the healt of the economy and the health of the space station (what the Arabs do many or may not affect me)...so it is not my dream. 

I am an American, you commie.  Wink
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 09:32:37 AM »

Well, consider Perry is ahead of Obama on Rasmussen, may they should change the thread to "Paul Kemp's Nightmare Scenario."
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 09:54:36 AM »

Well, consider Perry is ahead of Obama on Rasmussen, may they should change the thread to "Paul Kemp's Nightmare Scenario."

Rasmussen lol.

As much as I dislike Perry, I'd much rather he be elected than the scenario jmf laid out.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 10:19:24 AM »

Rasmussen lol.

As much as I dislike Perry, I'd much rather he be elected than the scenario jmf laid out.

Paul Kemp, lol.

The 'bots are one of the better polls out there.  Much of their other numbers are in line with PPP and a bit better than Gallup.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2011, 06:32:59 PM »

Seconded. Actually, about half of his threads should be titled something like that.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2011, 06:37:53 PM »

you forgot to add "Obama replaces White House Chapel with Islamic Prayer Room" to your fantasy
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2011, 06:43:30 PM »

you forgot to add "Obama replaces White House Chapel with Islamic Prayer Room" to your fantasy

I listed 3 things:
1) double dip UE 11 pc...
2) arab spring spawns several radical islamists states including Egypt..
3) NASA loses space station

number 1 is very much in the realm of possibilities...as is number 2, though to a lesser extent in the short run...but number 3 is a bit far fetched, but the odds increase if the ISS has to be abandoned due to the failure of the Russian rocket a week or so ago (the Russian life boats attached to the ISS are only certified for 6 months in space).

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies