Opinion of the Candidate-Rick Perry
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:19:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Opinion of the Candidate-Rick Perry
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: NOT the standard FF/HP
Very positive

Somewhat positive

Neutral

Somewhat negative

Very negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 94

Author Topic: Opinion of the Candidate-Rick Perry  (Read 3644 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2011, 10:29:45 PM »

have to mostly agree with Sam, but KBH was never trusted by the social conservatives like me and it was payback time for that mistrust.  If she had been a trusted conservative, she would have beaten Perry.

the best plan against Perry for the Dems and MSM is NOT to attack him for being too crazy - he's too smart for that and those attacks are exactly what he wants - rather it is to attack his do-nothing record over the last 12 years as governor of Texas.

As Sam stated, Perry is very smart at being a politician, and he's looking to cut your throat, not shake your hand.

The reason why he doesn't scare me is that the GOP base, the jmfcst's, will own him.  So, if I can't have a Reagan, then I'll settle for a puppet.

Fair enough, but even a trusted conservative in Washington would have had a tough time with Perry's strategy last year.  Which reminds me, KBH's campaign may have been one of the worst I've ever seen.  That sure didn't help either.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2011, 10:33:32 AM »

I don't know what Texas you've been living in, but in general Texans are lukewarm towards Perry.  They neither hate him nor love him.

I've lived most of my life in Pittsburgh......so that's NE Texas I assume Wink  I was just reporting what my TX friends say.....

I do appreciate your insight......
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2011, 10:54:11 AM »

Pittsburg is
I don't know what Texas you've been living in, but in general Texans are lukewarm towards Perry.  They neither hate him nor love him.

I've lived most of my life in Pittsburgh......so that's NE Texas I assume
And quite the Camp place to boot.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2011, 11:37:59 AM »

Angus = the first (and eldest) hipster.

careful, you'll cause him to spawn a 2700 word essay in response.  Wink

I saw that.  Tongue

The reason why he doesn't scare me is that the GOP base, the jmfcst's, will own him.  So, if I can't have a Reagan, then I'll settle for a puppet.

I think that's probably a reasonable analysis as well.  It's precisely because he's such a skilled politician that the right will own him.  He'll do what is required to increase his odds of re-election, and nowadays that often means allowing oneself to become a puppet of a core constituency.  (e.g., deregulation, pipeline contractor deals, tax breaks, and constructionist appointments to the bench)  Of course, that's a gamble since it may put off the swing voters.
Link
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2011, 11:39:03 AM »

I don't know what Texas you've been living in, but in general Texans are lukewarm towards Perry.  They neither hate him nor love him.

I've lived most of my life in Pittsburgh......so that's NE Texas I assume Wink  I was just reporting what my TX friends say.....

I do appreciate your insight......

Its not really "insightful."  Its in all the papers.  You just have to turn off the Rush Limbaugh and READ.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2011, 11:46:54 AM »

Its not really "insightful."  Its in all the papers.  You just have to turn off the Rush Limbaugh and READ.

If Link paid attention he'd know I hate Rush and Fux News.......I suspect link has an old grudge and he's returned in his new character to troll my responses to get his digs in.  Have fun, Link!  Smiley
Link
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2011, 01:12:30 PM »

If Link paid attention he'd know I hate Rush and Fux News.......I suspect link has an old grudge and he's returned in his new character to troll my responses to get his digs in.  Have fun, Link!  Smiley

Nope.  I think you have an overinflated sense of self worth.  I most certainly do not have the time nor energy to follow you around a forum.  If I happen to see a post I disagree with and I have the time I post a response.

Secondly I've been debunking this idea that Perry is in any way well respected in Texas.  He is not.  If anyone bothers to do even five minutes of research they would know this.  It doesn't require any special "insight" as you put it.  It requires five minutes on the Google machine and an open mind.

I personally don't know what your TV or radio consuming habits are.  I just read your statement and played odds.  As with most methodologies its not 100% perfect, but it works most of the time.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies