Obama schedules joint session job speech at same time as GOP Debate.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:26:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama schedules joint session job speech at same time as GOP Debate.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: Obama schedules joint session job speech at same time as GOP Debate.  (Read 14243 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: September 02, 2011, 01:42:35 PM »

Hey, Henry Kissinger got a Nobel Peace Prize.
t_host1

« Reply #176 on: September 02, 2011, 02:49:56 PM »

WOW,
Sept 8: going to haf to make a beer run for this one,
football,
big speech - because of the joint session, means - his jobs plan will have to be written down in advance, then CBO can score, and a GOP response;
wife's B-day - grill'n steaks and stuff, wonder if she realizes how big it will be... the evening?

I'll need to take a nap this day...

even if Obama reschedules - realizing, 'ya no, I ain't got anything new anyway'....

I'm still taking a nap.

Bernanke is speaking earlier in the day.  Smiley

w e l l, the hub bub on the radio is the WH is backing off of any written grand (new) type of legislation to be presented for Thursdays joint session. The ? is, will this news have legislatures wondering, Why! do I need to be there? ...go figure    Maybe the networks will choose not to broadcast, maybe bad weather, fuel shortages or something will happen that would give way for a WH cancellation.

It's just a rumor I think - that the Huntsman and WH campaigns are said to be requesting for unused Pub seats, so to have a full house, from what looks like to be billed as the "Obama Joint Session To Screw You Campaign Speech" - so that they all can take notes for next weeks upcoming campaign road trips. The normal SCOTUS seats are said to be reserved for Obama's Czars.

Bull Moose Base

« Reply #177 on: September 10, 2011, 02:07:54 AM »

31 million people watched Obama's speech.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #178 on: September 10, 2011, 02:24:52 PM »

I love the GOP.  Lying about WMDs is okay, but a scheduling conflict is where you have to draw the line.

A lie isn't a lie if you can't prove it was a lie. It's not like Bush said, "I told the American people blah blah blah....I lied....indeed they didn't have weapons."

Now Clinton on the other hand straightly admitted to a lie. Whether personal or not, that is a confirmed lie, not allegations of trickery into going to war.

I'm just so glad Obama is President...can you imagine how democrats would be slicing up President McCain at this point?

This comes down to the analogous question "If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it, then is there a sound?"

Such is the legal standard for a perjury conviction -- that one cannot be convicted for a mere mistake of fact that causes one to state a falsehood. Because perjury can result in miscarriages of justice, people getting away with serious crimes, or military disasters, perjury can be a serious crime.

One is excused for making a false statement out of good faith acceptance of third-party data, misreading or misinterpreting information, faulty memory, or bad sensory input (optical illusions, poor eyesight, echos taken for the original sound). One cannot be excused for making a false statement in knowledge or reckless indifference to its falsehood.   One may be excused for honorable ruses and face-saving 'little white lies' such as "That dress looks good on you" when it is in fact shopworn, the wrong size, or an unflattering style.

Some lies are comparatively harmless, like Bill Clinton lying about his fornication. But lying about WMDs in Iraq -- that started an unjust war.  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies