Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2014, 03:01:47 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  International Elections (Moderator: PASOK Leader Hashemite)
| | |-+  Ontario 2011 (6th October)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 Print
Author Topic: Ontario 2011 (6th October)  (Read 20990 times)
PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
YaBB God
South Africa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #525 on: October 07, 2011, 02:26:04 pm »

One complaint to the friendly DRO: JUST COUNT THE BALLOTS ALREADY. DO NOT TAKE ONE HOUR TO PREPARE EVERYTHING WHILE ALL THE OTHER POLLS IN THE BUILDING ARE BEING COUNTED. SOME PEOPLE WANT TO GET TO THE ELECTION PARTY BEFORE THE ELECTION IS CALLED. SOME PEOPLE HAVE BROUGHT THEIR BABY DAUGHTER TO THE POLLING STATION AND WANT TO GET HOME AT A REASONABLE HOUR INSTEAD OF HAVING TO WAIT FOR YOU SLOW ASSES TO COUNT EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO VOTED ON YOUR LIST BEFORE COUNTING THE VOTES AND ENSURING ALL THE ENVELOPES ARE LABELED. ARGH!!!!!

Well, we started late and finished last, but it wasn't because our envelopes weren't labelled and our list not counted. It's rather because we had one idiot voter leave with a ballot, leaving us unbalanced. And we like to have accurate counts Smiley Certainly, however, some polling officials are lazy sh**ts.

What happens then, do you have to write up a report? These ladies weren't lazy, they were tedious.

You need to complete the multi-coloured reporting sheet, recount the ballots a bunch of times to make sure you really didn't leave out any, and if it still doesn't balance, when you bring the stuff back to the office, you go in a special room where some official counts the ballots in front of you to conclude the same thing and change the "0" on "electors who left the polling location with a ballot" line to "1". It's asinine, tedious, boring and extremely frustrating, but it's called the government for a reason.

MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 07, 2011, 03:19:42 pm »
Ignore

Oh, complaining about poll workers!

First, they made us vote on the other side of the city, for no reason.

My poll worker was afwul on federal election. There was an huge line for my voting precinct because the poll worker was more often in bathroom than at his desk.

Then, he wasn't finding findig my name on its list, which was ridicolous since I was seeing my name on. I had to explain him where my name was on the list.

After, he was very bad at folding the ballot after we voted. Me and my mother ballots almost opened, which is an obvious problem and a violation of the secrecy of vote.
Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 07, 2011, 03:21:51 pm »
Ignore

Wait Max, I thought you lived in Québec ?

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

View Profile WWW
« Reply #528 on: October 07, 2011, 03:30:28 pm »
Ignore

One complaint to the friendly DRO: JUST COUNT THE BALLOTS ALREADY. DO NOT TAKE ONE HOUR TO PREPARE EVERYTHING WHILE ALL THE OTHER POLLS IN THE BUILDING ARE BEING COUNTED. SOME PEOPLE WANT TO GET TO THE ELECTION PARTY BEFORE THE ELECTION IS CALLED. SOME PEOPLE HAVE BROUGHT THEIR BABY DAUGHTER TO THE POLLING STATION AND WANT TO GET HOME AT A REASONABLE HOUR INSTEAD OF HAVING TO WAIT FOR YOU SLOW ASSES TO COUNT EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO VOTED ON YOUR LIST BEFORE COUNTING THE VOTES AND ENSURING ALL THE ENVELOPES ARE LABELED. ARGH!!!!!
I find this post offensive actually, and if I thought the moderator of this forum was impartial, I'd report it.

You chose to be there. Democracy is democracy, and the DRO counts the ballots, not you, and he counts it the way he wants to.

TEDDY - ARKANSAS - IDS - Liberal Whip

Note to self: use brain more.
MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 07, 2011, 03:53:03 pm »
Ignore

Wait Max, I thought you lived in Québec ?

I'm talking about May federal election.
I live in Outremont (Thomas Mulcair, NDP) and Abitibi-Baie James-Nunavik-Eeyou (Romeo Saganash, NDP) (both my MPs are running for NDP leadership.
Provincially, I live in Outremont (Raymond Bachand, angry man, which insult people and mafia enabler, Minister of Finance, PLQ) and Abitibi-Est (Agriculture Minister, PLQ).
PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
YaBB God
South Africa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #530 on: October 07, 2011, 06:33:23 pm »

So, the new PC MPP for Cambridge is the co-author of my public admin textbook (the other being my prof). And I think the Green candidate in Orleans was/is in my NorthAm relations class. And my NorthAm relations prof was the ONDP candidate in Ottawa-Vanier in 1995.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 07:17:52 pm by VICTORY 10.06.11 »Logged

Hatman
EarlAW
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.97, S: -6.00

View Profile WWW
« Reply #531 on: October 07, 2011, 06:41:38 pm »
Ignore

I find this post offensive actually, and if I thought the moderator of this forum was impartial, I'd report it.

You chose to be there. Democracy is democracy, and the DRO counts the ballots, not you, and he counts it the way he wants to.

Well, both me and the female Liberal scrutineer were getting quite impatient. Had the counted the ballots on time, the Liberal girl wouldn't have been able to supervise the count, because she watched another poll as well. Worked out for her, I guess, but she was impatient too. And, she complained about how they were counting the ballots too. (I didn't really care).

Im sorry you took offence Teddy.

http://canadianelectionatlas.blogspot.com

Follow me on Twitter @EarlWashburn
Linus Van Pelt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 07, 2011, 06:44:43 pm »
Ignore

The four best Liberal results are St. Paul's (58.4), Don Valley West (58.3), Toronto Centre (54.9) and Eglinton-Lawrence (54.3).

I very much doubt that this list would be just from this region in any other federal or provincial election since 1867.
Hatman
EarlAW
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #533 on: October 07, 2011, 06:59:32 pm »
Ignore

Clearly wealthy people voted Liberal. Hudak ran on a populist platform as well, alienating urban elites.

Hatman
EarlAW
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #534 on: October 07, 2011, 07:44:27 pm »
Ignore

Final prediction will be as follows:
Liberal: 48
PC: 41
NDP: 18

Betting is illegal of course, but you have the Tories at 41 and I have them at 24-40. My average is therefore 32.

If we ever meet, and the Tories get over 37 seats, I'd like to buy you a coffee; would you like to return the favour of they get below 36?

BTW, did I win the bet, or did both of us lose?

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #535 on: October 07, 2011, 07:53:33 pm »
Ignore

That's such a strange map in parts. Very, very odd election.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
adma
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 07, 2011, 08:44:23 pm »
Ignore

From glimpsing results, it seems to me like the Libertarians fared better (well, in numbers of 1%+ candidates) than they have for over 20 years--dunno whether it's a "Ron Paul" effect...
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #537 on: October 07, 2011, 11:16:51 pm »
Ignore

Remember the Freedom Party is another Libertarian party.

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #538 on: October 07, 2011, 11:29:52 pm »
Ignore

From glimpsing results, it seems to me like the Libertarians fared better (well, in numbers of 1%+ candidates) than they have for over 20 years--dunno whether it's a "Ron Paul" effect...

I thought you were wrong (I was clicking though the map) until I hit the GTA. Wow! What the hell is going on there?

I'll do some numbers.

Betting is illegal of course, but you have the Tories at 41 and I have them at 24-40. My average is therefore 32.

If we ever meet, and the Tories get over 37 seats, I'd like to buy you a coffee; would you like to return the favour of they get below 36?

What kind of coffee do you like?

Hatman
EarlAW
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #539 on: October 07, 2011, 11:37:28 pm »
Ignore

I thought you were wrong (I was clicking though the map) until I hit the GTA. Wow! What the hell is going on there?

I'll do some numbers.

French Vanilla Smiley

You know, we must meet at some point. Perhaps when I'm in Toronto in March?

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #540 on: October 08, 2011, 12:12:24 am »
Ignore

Hatman: sure

Results:
Toronto, York, East York, North York
Lib - 47.84%
NDP - 28.79%
PC - 19.49%
Grn - 2.53%
Lt - 0.42%
FP - 0.33%
Oth - 0.61%

Etobicoke
Lib - 50.51%
PC - 29.49%
NDP - 15.60%
Grn - 2.28%
Ltn - 0.57%
FP - 0.55%
Oth - 1.00%

Brampton, Mississauga
Lib - 44.69%
PC - 32.01%
NDP - 18.74%
Grn - 2.80%
Ltn - 0.49%
FP - 0.35%
Oth - 0.92%

Markham, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, King City, Whitchurck-Stoufville
Lib - 48.04%
PC - 37.36%
NDP - 10.12%
Grn - 2.43%
Ltn - 1.46%
FP - 0.07%
Oth - 0.53%

Scarborough, Pickering, Ajax
Lib - 46.60%
PC - 29.35%
NDP  - 20.64%
Grn - 2.02%
Ltn - 0.98%
FP - 0.26%
Oth - 0.15%

TOTALS
Lib - 47.18% - 674,925
PC - 27.54% - 393,983
NDP - 21.19% - 303,196
Grn - 2.46% - 35,256
Ltn - 0.71% - 10,134
FP - 0.30% - 4,260
Oth - 0.61% - 8,786

Robb the Survivor
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 08, 2011, 02:51:38 am »
Ignore

So, the new PC MPP for Cambridge is the co-author of my public admin textbook (the other being my prof). And I think the Green candidate in Orleans was/is in my NorthAm relations class. And my NorthAm relations prof was the ONDP candidate in Ottawa-Vanier in 1995.

OMG ELITISZT INTELLEKTUALZ Grin

Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, Lord of Winterfell and King in the North

Quote from: IRC
22:15   ComradeSibboleth   this is all extremely terrible and in all respects absolutely fycking dire.

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 08, 2011, 04:22:23 am »
Ignore

Majority missed by one seat? Lol.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #543 on: October 08, 2011, 06:59:14 am »
Ignore

Who are the FP? Fascists?

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #544 on: October 08, 2011, 07:04:10 am »
Ignore

Remember the Freedom Party is another Libertarian party.

Smid
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 08, 2011, 07:48:51 am »
Ignore

2011 Ontario Provincial Election Map - Liberal Swing

2011 Ontario Provincial Election Map - PC Swing

2011 Ontario Provincial Election Map - NDP Swing

2011 Ontario Provincial Election Map - Greens Swing

As always, bigger versions in the Gallery.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 01:40:27 am by Smid »Logged
Holmes
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 08, 2011, 12:51:36 pm »
Ignore

I'm back in Northern Ontario. No one here is happy with the results. But that's expected, Timmins-James Bay seems to have the biggest swing against the Liberals. And they only got <12% here? Pathetic.

I'll do some numbers.

French Vanilla Smiley

You know, we must meet at some point. Perhaps when I'm in Toronto in March?

Let's all meet up!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 12:55:30 pm by Holmes »Logged

adma
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 08, 2011, 03:15:16 pm »
Ignore

Lib - 48.04%
PC - 37.36%
NDP - 10.12%
Grn - 2.43%
Ltn - 1.46%
FP - 0.07%
Oth - 0.53%

That NDP figure seems low. There weren't *that* many under-10% up there, were there?
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #548 on: October 08, 2011, 04:47:27 pm »
Ignore

Lib - 48.04%
PC - 37.36%
NDP - 10.12%
Grn - 2.43%
Ltn - 1.46%
FP - 0.07%
Oth - 0.53%

That NDP figure seems low. There weren't *that* many under-10% up there, were there?

I may have erred, but also remember that some ridings in the area are huge.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #549 on: October 08, 2011, 04:51:43 pm »
Ignore

The only sub-ten there was Thornhill, by the look of it.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout