Who will win the GOP Nomination? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:22:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who will win the GOP Nomination? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who do you HONESTLY THINK will win?
Mitt Romney

Rick Perry

Michelle Bachmann

Ron Paul

Herman Cain

Jon Huntsman

Rick Santorum

Newt Gingrich

Gary Johnson

Thaddeus McCotter

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Who will win the GOP Nomination?  (Read 5680 times)
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« on: September 03, 2011, 05:21:02 PM »

If Perry can portray himself as presidential and "electable" in the upcoming debates (and I think he can), then its all over for Romney. So I will vote for Perry.

But in a few days we may be talking about the ridiculously insensitive and/or ignorant thing Perry said in the debate and then we are back to Romney by default.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 07:04:12 PM »

Perry is actually winning the electability argument (amongst GOP primary voters), leaving Romney with???

Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 07:32:12 PM »

Perry is actually winning the electability argument (amongst GOP primary voters), leaving Romney with???

I expect Romney to try to paint Perry as the career politician while pointing out that he (Romney) only spent 4 years in government, which will unfortunately highlight that Romney's track record of winning elections isn't that great, confusing the so-called electability image of Romney.   

Not only is Romney's "career politician" attack silly for pointing out how he keeps losing elections. But the other thing is that I think Romney misreads the conservative/tea party mood in that they are more anti-Washington as opposed to anti-politician and Perry is very anti-Washington. Plus the Tea Party are also no fans of Wall Street so I am pretty sure a GOP primary voter will take a Texas Governor over the head of Bain Capital.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies