Winfield/Jbrase for Atlasia........WINFIELD CONCESSION
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:28:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Winfield/Jbrase for Atlasia........WINFIELD CONCESSION
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Winfield/Jbrase for Atlasia........WINFIELD CONCESSION  (Read 11895 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2011, 11:26:53 PM »

From my experience, people who support a flat tax base their economic policy on how they think it SHOULD work, rather than how it actually works.

It's all based on emotion, not practicality. Show me a developed mixed-market economy that has a flat-tax (the low one that people want) that didn't result in a lower living standard?

I'm pretty sure it's the one economic that makes my head explode... it's so utterly stupid and shifts the burden away from people who can easily pay onto those who can't.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2011, 11:39:03 AM »

Although the flat tax does have some very positive aspects, I have decided, at this time, to introduce what I believe would be a more effective tax policy, which ensures as well that high income earners pay their fair share of taxation.

This tax policy is based on income, and I will propose that all Atlasians should and will participate in the payment of taxes in order to provide the revenue necessary to move the nation forward, as well as I believe that all who benefit from citizenship in Atlasia should participate in the responsibility to provide necessary revenues for the nations programs.  

Income up to 35,000 taxed at 10%
Income over 35,000 up to 50,000 taxed at 15%
Income over 50,000 up to 100,000 taxed at 20%
Income over 100,000 up to 300,000  taxed at 25%
Income over 300,000 up to 500,000 taxed at 30%
Income over 500,000 up to 1,000,000 taxed at 35%
Income over 1,000,000 up to 3,000,000 taxed at 40%
Income over 3,000,000 up to 5,000,000 taxed at 45%
Income over 5,000,000 taxed at 50%

No deductions or loopholes are allowed, however, since it is clear that families with children have greater expenses, families with an income not above 100,000 will receive a rebate per child based on the following table.

Income up to 35,000 rebate of 1,000 per child
Income over 35,000 up to 50,000 rebate of 750 per child
Income over 50,000 up to 100,000 rebate of 500 per child

Tweaked a bit to ensure no one pays more than 50% tax.    

TWEAKED A BIT TO ENSURE NO ONE PAYS MORE THAN 50% TAX.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #127 on: October 16, 2011, 11:42:06 AM »

That's much better. An enthusiastic second preference for you. Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #128 on: October 16, 2011, 12:41:31 PM »

Anyway, just to clarify, Snowguy and me were friends and political allies for a quite lot of time, and he's my first choice, which is not going to change. However, you made a great impression on me both as extraordinary active Governor of Northeast, as well as a presidential candidate. I'm sorry 2nd is all I can give you at this point but even if you're not elected President now, I certainly hope I'd be able to support you in federal politics in future.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #129 on: October 16, 2011, 01:33:00 PM »

Thank you Kalwejt.  Most gracious of you.

But you can't blame me for asking.  Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #130 on: October 16, 2011, 01:52:03 PM »

That's your job, after all Grin
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #131 on: October 16, 2011, 10:40:17 PM »

As President, I shall go to Tel Aviv and Ramallah and broker a peace settlement between the Republic of Isreal and the Palestinian National Authority.

For far too long, the Israeli Palestinian conflict has brought tragedy and destruction to the Middle East, destabilizing the region, hampering peace efforts, and destroying lives.

In my vision of peace, the right thing to do is to build a shared future in two separate states, one,  the State of Israel, which was established as a Jewish state, a national home for the Jewish people, and the other, the State of Palestine, which will be established to give a full and complete solution to Palestinians wherever they may be. Those who are in Gaza and the West Bank, and those in the refugee camps in other Arab countries with temporary status, waiting for a sense of belonging to a national state, the same feeling of wholeness that the establishment of the State of Israel gave to the Jewish refugees who were forced to leave Arab countries and Europe and became partners in building Israel. I believe that the solution of two nation states serves the interests of both sides.  I say to Palestinians, do not bemoan the establishment of the State of Israel, establish your own state, rejoice in its establishment and Israel will rejoice with you, since for Israel the establishment of the Palestinian state will not be a disaster, but rather, a solution. 

Knowing that the conflict has a solution is not enough. Reaching the solution depends first of all upon the two sides themselves and their ability to conduct negotiations, to touch on the most sensitive points and to provide answers based on the understanding that neither side can obtain everything it wants and that compromises are necessary on both sides. The solution also depends on the ability of the leaders to cope with extremists and terrorism, and I am not speaking here only of the leaders of the sides directly involved in the conflict. This is the central task of the entire world leadership, and especially of the Israeli and Arab world.

I am confident that I will be able to bring the two factions together, and, once and for all, bring a lasting peace to the region.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #132 on: October 18, 2011, 11:20:03 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2011, 11:54:24 PM by Northeast Governor Winfield »

As the Presidential election draws near, following is a summary of my policies and stands that I have taken and issues that I have discussed over the course of the campaign.

-End voter manipulation through the Vote Sanctity Act.
-Keep in contact with the Regional Governors.  Strong regions make a strong nation.
-Will encourage honest, meaningful, frank discussion and debate in the Senate.
-The President must provide leadership, direction, and cooperation.
-The simulation should be fun for all participants, and I will work toward this.
-The office of Vice President should be a fully functioning member of the administration and participate in decision making.  
-I support the Atlasian National Health Care Act, and work to see that no one falls between the cracks.
-I support an effective daycare program for pre school and school age children and after school programs.
-I support a seniors care program
-I have introduced a full employment strategy.
-I support an educational program that will prepare students for the technologically advanced future.
-I will support school safety and security programs.
-I support school uniforms so all students will be on an equal footing.
-I will introduce a program to ensure there will be skilled and trained workers in the trades.
-I will take a strong stand against secession and will maintain the unity of the nation.
-I will introduce an effective energy policy that puts the interests of the people before the interests of polluters.
-I will introduce effective measures so all Atlasians can have a part in combating global warming and climate change.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #133 on: October 18, 2011, 11:40:05 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2011, 11:55:02 PM by Northeast Governor Winfield »

Campaign summary continued.

-I will close down overseas military bases that will not affect the security of Atlasia.
-I will ensure that the military of Atlasia is well trained and well prepared to defend the security of Atlasia at all times.
-I will cultivate relations with emerging economies to the economic benefit of Atlasia and Atlasians.
-I will introduce a code of ethics for all elected and non elected govrnment personnel.
-I will encourage an atmosphere of acceptance and tolerance for all Alasians, regardless of any differences that exist.
-I will introduce an effective illegal immigration policy.
-I spoke out publicly in support of Occupy Wall Street and spoke against the injustices perpetrated by the economic elite.
-I will introduce a progressive and fair tax policy.
-I will work to negotiate a peace between Israel and the Palestinians.

These are some of the issues, among many others, that as President, I will be bringing forward and speaking out on.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2011, 08:49:56 PM »

Best of luck for the election.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2011, 08:52:01 PM »

Thank you Mr. President.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #136 on: October 20, 2011, 12:01:56 AM »

My fellow Atlasians, greetings and good evening.

I am speaking to you tonight from the library of my home in Newport, Rhode Island.  Thank you for joining me, and I trust you will find the time well spent and informative.

Over the past few weeks, I have had the opportunity and privilege to be out amongst Atlasians all across this land, from the rugged coastlines of Maine to the rolling hills of Kentucky, from the rich red clay terrain of Georgia to the golden wheat fields of Kansas, from the enterprising dairy farms of Wisconsin to the majestic mountains of Wyoming, from the splendor of the grand canyons of Arizona to the lush green forests of Oregon, and every state in between.

Last evening, I summarized for Atlasians my campaign, the issues I have raised during the course of the campaign, and the policies I would introduce as President.

Tomorrow, Atlasians will vote.

To me, this election presents Atlasians with a clear alternative, the status quo, the continuation of the partisanship that has prevailed in Atlasia for some time, or a new Atlasia.

I offer Atlasians a Presidency that transcends party or ideology, a pragmatic, independent Presidency, freed from the constraints of partisanship and party loyalty.

This evening, I wish to address in particular Atlasians across this land, Atlasians who may find themselves in perhaps difficult and unsettled times in their lives, Atlasians who feel down and out, Atlasians who just feel down on their luck, Atlasians who may feel life has dealt them a bad hand.

To them I say

Where there is despair let there be hope
Where there is darkness let there be light
Where there is cruelty let there be kindness
Where there is suffering let there be relief
Where there is conflict let there be peace
Where there is harshness let there be compassion
Where there is meanness let there be mercy
Where there is unfairness let there be justice

Do not lose hope.  Brighter days lie ahead.

Thank you and good night.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #137 on: October 20, 2011, 11:38:20 AM »

I'm a Snowguy voter, but you've run a fantastic campaign and will have my, well, second preference. Tongue
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2011, 10:35:11 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2011, 10:47:06 PM by Northeast Governor Winfield »

I would like to thank Atlasians from all across this land for the mandate they have bestowed upon me in this elec.....

Oh, sorry, wrong speech.  I had written two, must have picked up the wrong one on my way out.  Cheesy

I would like at this time to offer my sincere congratulations to the winner of the election, and the new President, whoever that may be.  Official results are still being tabulated.  

But I do wish to congtratulate both Snowguy and Duke for the success they have both had in their campaigns.  This election may be the closest and most exciting election in the history of Atlasia, and I thank Snowguy, Duke, and Atlasians everywhere for making it into an exciting race.

I would like to thank at this time all those who supported me.  Thank you so very much.  I fully realized  from the beginning that running as an independent against two well entrenched party machines would be a very difficult road.  And so I sincerely thank those who took an independent stand in this election, disregarded party labels, and cast their vote for me.

I raised many issues that I believed were important, introduced many concrete proposals for Atlasia's future, spoke my mind, stood up for what I believe in, and I have no regrets.

And of course, I thank all Atlasians for participating in democracy by voting for the candidate of their choice, and I fully respect the decision of the voters.  Voting is, after all, the essence of democracy.  

I am very pleased to see no evidence, or at least no reports, of voter manipulation in this election.  Perhaps my Vote Sanctity Act is being taken seriously.

At this time, I wish to in particular thank Senator Jbrase publicly for consenting to become my running mate, and for bringing his respected name and considerable abilities to our ticket.  Thank you Jbrase.

All the best to Atlasians everywhere, and to all elected officials in the nation, for a bright and productive future for Atlasia.

Thank you and good night.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2011, 10:54:19 PM »

Becoming Governor on his own volition,
Improving the Northeast was his mission.
Of political favors, he was no benefactor,
He was the real deal, not an actor.
With activity and reform,
He was quite different than the norm.
Though October brought defeat,
Winfield’s integrity is hard to beat.

Proud to have voted for you, my friend.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2011, 11:02:28 PM »

You ran a great campaign.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2011, 11:19:06 PM »

Thank you.  I appreciate that. 
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2011, 11:22:31 PM »

Dallasfan, I am moved by your words, as I know they are from your heart.

Thank you so very much.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2011, 11:43:31 PM »

At this time, I wish to sincerely congratulate Snowguy on his election to the Presidency.

All the best to you Snowguy and your new administration.

As well, I wish to pay tribute to that great public servant, Duke, for his nothing short of spectacular showing in the election, and for his tremendous contributions to Atlasia.

Thank you Duke.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #144 on: October 25, 2011, 12:21:44 AM »

Thank you, Winfield.

You ran an activate campaign and I admire you for the effort you put into it. You showed you wanted the job, and that is something I can always respect and applaud. I hope you remain active. We can always use new ideas in this game. You're a tremendous asset!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #145 on: October 25, 2011, 01:51:35 AM »

You ran a great campaign. It's a pity that neither of the two active campaigns (yours and Duke's) prevailed.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2011, 05:18:06 AM »

This.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2011, 06:30:25 AM »

Winfield, you ran an extraordinary campaign and your activity was a great contribution to this game. I really hope you're going to stay active and that I'll be able to support you in your futher political adventures Smiley
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2011, 04:20:28 PM »

Winfield, Jbrase, the two of you ran a great campaign. Winfield, even when it looked unlikely that you would win, you remained determined and campaigned actively until the end. I think Atlasia needs more people with your drive and determination, and I hope to see you continue to maintain this energy in the years to come. Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #149 on: October 26, 2011, 08:55:07 PM »

Thank you, Winfield.

You ran an activate campaign and I admire you for the effort you put into it. You showed you wanted the job, and that is something I can always respect and applaud. I hope you remain active. We can always use new ideas in this game. You're a tremendous asset!

Thank you Duke. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies