Harry Concession Speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:48:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Harry Concession Speech
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Harry Concession Speech  (Read 1233 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 18, 2004, 05:59:00 PM »

<Harry walks onto podium….crowd cheers>

Well guys, this has gone on long enough.  Democratic Hawk has decided not to challenge in the Supreme Court, and though I really think he should, I accept his decision and I’ll keep to my word and not challenge myself.  So today I concede the election to WMS.  I’m sure he’ll do a great job as senator.  Before my term ends, however,  I will on propose a constitutional amendment that addresses voting issues so that this controversy won’t have to happen again.
This was definitely the biggest midterm election in Atlasian history, with two senatorial giants defeated in their reelection bids.  As for me, I don’t have any plans for now, but I’m open to many possibilities.  I’ve been urged to run for the Senate in February, and I’m definitely going to consider it.
I do regret that this controversy was dragged out over a week, but I felt, and I still feel, that it was necessary.  I also regret that some Atlasians resorted to making personal attacks on me, but that’s part of the game.  It’s not new to me, and I’ll get over it.
In conclusion, I congratulate WMS on his victory and wish him well in the senate.
Thank you.

http://don.idpt.com/atlas/harryconcession.wma
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 06:05:24 PM »

A fine decisoion Harry. Your President is proud of you.

I chose not to campaign against you this election because I felt that a guy as nice as you did not need the aggrivation this time around.

Good luck to you in the future my good Senator.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 06:05:37 PM »

While we didn't necessarily agree, I must say that you always put up a good fight, Harry.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 06:08:27 PM »

I feel your pain, Harry.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 06:21:44 PM »

Harry, you are a real class act. Sad to see you go from the Senate. Hopefully you will stay active. You served your district well.

WMS will be an excellent Senator. I have no doubt that he will work just as hard as you did in representing his District, and in being as strong of an advocate for Southern values.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 06:56:56 PM »

Good show, Harry.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 07:01:52 PM »

Nice to see you concede. I thank you for not drawing this out even longer. Thank you Senator.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 07:36:13 PM »

Nice to see you concede. I thank you for not drawing this out even longer. Thank you Senator.

Please remove your Harry sign from your signature now, Colin. We need to put this behind us now and show respect for each other.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 07:39:11 PM »

Please remove your Harry sign from your signature now, Colin. We need to put this behind us now and show respect for each other.

Besides, its inaccurate now.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2004, 11:33:39 PM »

Thanks for the excellent speech, Harry and I wish you the best in future endeavors.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2004, 05:34:29 PM »

Thank you for your gracious concession speech, Harry. You were a worthy opponent and made the D4 race the most entertaining, wild, unpredictable race of this entire election. Smiley What fun! Kiki

And I would like to extend an olive branch to those who voted against me - I promise I will do my best to represent you all!

I will also watch your electoral reform efforts and have a few ideas of my own to add, as we can all agree the current system needs some tweaking.

I will make a victory speech tomorrow, as I have Christmas shopping to take care of now, but thanks to everyone who participated in making this Fantasy Election fun!
-WMS
LesterMaddox
Rookie
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2004, 10:17:16 PM »

Not as bad as Gore, not as good as Kerry.
About average for a Democrat.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2004, 10:26:17 PM »

You ran a great campaign Senator.  It is sad to see you leave the Senate.  Best of luck in future endeavors.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2004, 07:16:22 AM »

You ran a great campaign Senator.  It is sad to see you leave the Senate.  Best of luck in future endeavors.
He'll be back.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies