The National Atlasian's Top 10 Richest People in Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:19:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Atlasian's Top 10 Richest People in Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The National Atlasian's Top 10 Richest People in Atlasia  (Read 1625 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 18, 2004, 08:01:29 PM »
« edited: December 19, 2004, 09:47:36 AM by ColinW »

The National Atlasian is proud to announce that we have compiled a list of the ten richest people in Atlasia.

1. Niles Caulder: Although Mr. Caulder has withdrawn from public life as of late he is still the richest man in Atlasia. He is still the CEO of Midgard Chronicle Inc. Atlasia's largest newspaper which has now expanded onto cable news as well. Mr. Caulder is estimated to be valued at near $375,000,000 making him the richest man in Atlasia

2. Colin Wixted: Mr. Wixted, President and CEO of Atlasian News Corp., has been able to grow his small newspaper into the fastest growing and second largest paper in Atlasia. He has also gotten into the Radio Broadcasting industry, television and the hotel industry. His fortune has grown from nothing to over $200,000,000 in a very short amount of time. It has also been rumored that Atlasian News Corp. will buy out struggling airlines US Airways and United although this has been refuted by company spokesman. Estimated fortune, $227,000,000

3. Alex Knobel: Mr. Knobel, better known as Akno, has been a Senator and is currently AFDNC chairman but his fortune comes from his succesful newspaper and cable news network. His network has become especially the favorite of left-wing Atlasians and achieved praise from some as having the best Midterm election coverage. His newspaper has also achieved wider circulation and now is distributed around Atlasia and not just in the Mid-Atlantic. Estimated fortune, $118,000,000.

4. Paul Robert King: A hotel magnate and Senior Vice President of Atlasian News Corp. Mr. King made his millions in the hotel boom at the early part of the millenium. He was then able to parlay that into his immense fortune which has grown larger after Mr. King sold many of his hotel properties. His last property, King's of Nyman, is in the process of being bought by The Regency Hotel Inc., which is owned by Mr. Wixted. Mr. King is also the owner of the Polling Service an independent polling company associated with the National Atlasian. Mr. King also owns a political ad agency that is currently worth $13,000,000. Estimated fortune, $103,000,000.

5. Don Johnson: Mr. Johnson has amassed a fortune after returning to private life after being Southeast Governor for a spell. Mr. Johnson owns News Channel Atlasia and several recording studios. News Channel Atlasia is the largest radio news service in Atlasia and accounts for much of Mr. Johnson's wealth. His recording studios also had a high profit in the third and fourth quarters of 2004 and have sent Mr. Johnson up in the chart of Richest people. Estimated fortune, $85,000,000

6. Ernest Calhoun. Mr. Calhoun owns the Southeastern paper the Region as well as being Governor of the Southeast. The Region is the largest paper in the Southeast as is beginning to be circulated nationwide. Currently their are no immediate plans to enlarge the Region and to increase its current circulation. Mr. Calhoun is also owner of Palmetto Records and has a partial stake in several Southeastern banks. Estimated fortune, $61,000,000.

7. Al Realpolitik: Mr. Realpolitik is a labour union leader and the owner of the tabloid Private Eye. While many have said that the Private Eye is rather slanderous and does not qualify as a news source. This has not dissuaded readership of the tabloid which has grown in readership since it was launched in late October. Mr. Realpolitik has also gain prominence through his leadership of the AFL-CIO, Atlasia's largest Labour Union, his running as UL candidate in the October Presidential Elections and his creation of the Farmer Labor Party. Estimated Fortune, $52,000,000.

9. Eric Nyman: Former President and venture capitalist. Mr. Nyman has become part owner of several businesses and has invested heavily in the stock market. Due to smart investment decisions Mr. Nyman's personal fortune has grown ever since he left the Presidency. He has now retired from his investor job and has settled in as a Senator. Estimated fortune, $47,000,000.

9. Steven Nichols: Mr. Nichols has made his fortune as an investor and timber magnet in the Pacific Northwest. He is owner of Atlasian Timber which is the largest timber company in the nation and he is also part owner of Columbia Mining which is the fourth largest mining company in Atlasia. Mr. Nichols is also a part owner in the new The Regency Hotel chain and is on the Board of Directors for Atlasian News Corp. LTD. Estimated fortune, $42,000,000.

10. Hugh Bartlett: Mr. Bartlett, who used to be Niles' number two at Midgard, assumed Niles' role as President and Editor-in-Chief at the Midgard Chronicle. He has gradually expanded the Midgard Chronicle and has increased the profits of the company by 20% since his take over of Midgard Chronicle Inc. His estimated fortune is $38,000,000
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 08:07:16 PM »

Yay, I'm rich!
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 08:23:09 PM »

Hey I am rich! Tongue so is JFK
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 08:24:05 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2004, 08:29:44 PM by DanielX »

I'm not anywhere near the top 10, i'm afraid. I've only got $7 million or so - put my name as Daniel Smith (not my real-life last name). I'm a board member of Bartlett Bank (no close relation to Hugh - although I think the founder was his grandfather's third cousin or something), and recently became CEO of a small but growing hotel chain, the Marklin Group (owns the Rest Inn economy motel chain, at present). I've published a few editorials under the name 'The Berserker', and am currently a candidate for Mideast Governor.

BTW, i'd like to invest in the National Atlasian - say, $200,000 in stock EDIT - only in your news divisions, I don't want to buy into your hotels... . It is a fine news source, and I suspect it will grow in the future.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 08:52:15 PM »

Al is worth $52 million eh?  Real people's candidate......
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 08:55:52 PM »

I also own a $13,000,000 political ad agency that has designed banners for many political organizations and candidates.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 08:59:10 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2004, 09:21:31 PM by President PBrunsel »

Yeah, a real coal miner who is a blue collar worker who worries that he'll lose his unemployment.

What a populist. Smiley
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 09:17:10 PM »

I do not have any ownership stake in NCA (tho I wouldn't mind having it)  However, I do own Palmetto Records which did produce the number 1 song I want my NCA which may account for the confusion.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 09:19:59 PM »

I do not have any ownership stake in NCA (tho I wouldn't mind having it)  However, I do own Palmetto Records which did produce the number 1 song I want my NCA which may account for the confusion.
Changed it.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2004, 10:24:34 PM »

I'm afraid that whilst I am the E-i-C of the Midgard, the shares are all currently held by Niles or members of the Caulder family.

I'm in 8 digits, but only just in the top 10 :S
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2004, 10:42:04 PM »

Harry's net worth:

$41,453

a real working man for Atlasia!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2004, 10:45:21 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2004, 11:00:43 PM by King »

Harry's net worth:

$41,453

Data from the Atlas Treasury Department says they collected $892,521 in taxes from you last fiscal month. Tongue

So either you pay 2153% in taxes or you are lying about your net worth.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2004, 10:57:17 PM »

Harry's net worth:

$41,453

Data from the Atlas Treasury Department says they collected $892,521 in taxes from you last fiscal month. Tongue

Damn, we really need a tax cut then!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2004, 11:01:01 PM »

Harry's net worth:

$41,453

lol
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2004, 11:33:49 PM »

Harry's net worth:

$41,453

lol
yeah, that 2153% tax rate is a bit high, let's cut it down to 1500%!
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2004, 12:11:58 AM »

Yeah, a real coal miner who is a blue collar worker who worries that he'll lose his unemployment.

What a populist. Smiley

I do more for the working people of Atlasia through my investments than Al ever did with his unions.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2004, 03:52:30 AM »

Good thing no one knows about the money I made stealing Iraqi oil all these months.

Eeeexcellent.

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2004, 04:02:52 AM »

8. Al Realpolitik: Mr. Realpolitik is a labour union leader and the owner of the tabloid Private Eye. While many have said that the Private Eye is rather slanderous and does not qualify as a news source. This has not dissuaded readership of the tabloid which has grown in readership since it was launched in late October. Mr. Realpolitik has also gain prominence through his leadership of the AFL-CIO, Atlasia's largest Labour Union, his running as UL candidate in the October Presidential Elections and his creation of the Farmer Labor Party. Estimated Fortune, $52,000,000.

Strange... for the record:

1. The AFL-CIO pays me $40,000 a year
2. The NUM pays me $20,000 a year
3. I get sod all money from editing the Eye

I don't have $52,000,000. I don't want $52,000,000. If I had $52,000,000 I would get rid of it.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2004, 04:18:21 AM »

8. Al Realpolitik: Mr. Realpolitik is a labour union leader and the owner of the tabloid Private Eye. While many have said that the Private Eye is rather slanderous and does not qualify as a news source. This has not dissuaded readership of the tabloid which has grown in readership since it was launched in late October. Mr. Realpolitik has also gain prominence through his leadership of the AFL-CIO, Atlasia's largest Labour Union, his running as UL candidate in the October Presidential Elections and his creation of the Farmer Labor Party. Estimated Fortune, $52,000,000.

I don't have $52,000,000. I don't want $52,000,000. If I had $52,000,000 I would get rid of it.

I would gladly relieve you of your $52,000,000 burden.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2004, 07:20:57 AM »

if I had 52 mill i'd buy myself a couple of houses, retire, gie a chunk to charity and live off the interest Smiley
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2004, 07:24:25 AM »

Out of curiosity, how much did I pay in taxes?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2004, 10:11:49 AM »

I can't remember voting you a salary as AFL-CIO chairman. Angry
Me, I'm donating my entire salary as Lt.Gov. to Native American and Native Hawai'ian causes, and currently have no other source of income - even the Aloha Aristophagus only costs me money, as it's a free newspaper and runs no ads.
I'm currently surviving on meagre pocket money I'm getting paid by King Kamehameha IV, who runs a thriving "Medical" Marijuana company. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies