Future PA-13 races
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:44:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Future PA-13 races
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Future PA-13 races  (Read 7958 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2004, 03:34:24 PM »

Keystone, this is an in-house scuffle between 2 Democrats.  I don't feel like going over the other points with you again because we already have.  The GGW thing was a joke.  Don't take it to heart. 

Infighting between 2 Democrats but my comments had a point. You are asking what DownTheCenter's problem is and I want to know what your problem was. GirlGoneWild wasn't a joke. It was a desperate attempt on your part to save yourself a job. You found an opportunity to attack me on a personal level by disguising yourself. And to say that we went over your comments that were directed towards me is a flat out lie. My point: Don't complain about people attacking you personally when you have done the same thing.

Ok, I apologize to you for my immaturity.  Thing is though we've been on here for some time so we are going to trade online barbs.  This guy hasn't introduced himself or made any political talk and goes right to bashing me.  I find it very odd this guy's from South Philly and you're quick to defend him.  Just a thought.

The thing is: You came out and personally attacked me. It wasn't anything political...you just came on as this new user and one of your first posts you called me an "asshole" for having Santorum in my signature.

As for me defending DownTheCenter, what would him being from South Philly have to do with anything? We aren't going to defend people who say they are from other areas? Sorry...that just didn't make sense. As for what DownTheCenter is saying, I wouldn't say I'm defending what he's done. I'm just reminding you that you've done some of the same things.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2004, 06:58:51 PM »

I don't know if it's possible to elect a Republican mayor of Philly, hell I could get elected there probably, since the city voted over 80% for Kerry it'd take a LOT of crossover votes and there are parts of the city which basically vote almost 100% for whoever the Democrat is by default.

If Center City (downtown) became independent from the rest of Philadelphia, you would win in a landslide. Citywide? I wouldn't be too sure of yourself. You'd be crushed in the Northeast and some traditionally Democratic areas of the city might find it hard to vote for someone so extreme.

Using the fact that Kerry won with over 80% of the vote is ridiculous. Sam Katz (R) lost by only 2 points in '99 and while he only received 42% in '03, that's still a good amount of support for a city that is overwhelmingly Democratic. The Philly GOP would put up a moderate and could beat a far left winger such as yourself.

Why couldn't he beat John Street though, who's apparentely hated by pretty much everyone in the city? In fact the only person I've heard speak positively of him ever is J. J., a REPUBLICAN!

Anyway, I do know this, I could easily get elected mayor of Minneapolis.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2004, 07:02:40 PM »

I don't know if it's possible to elect a Republican mayor of Philly, hell I could get elected there probably, since the city voted over 80% for Kerry it'd take a LOT of crossover votes and there are parts of the city which basically vote almost 100% for whoever the Democrat is by default.

If Center City (downtown) became independent from the rest of Philadelphia, you would win in a landslide. Citywide? I wouldn't be too sure of yourself. You'd be crushed in the Northeast and some traditionally Democratic areas of the city might find it hard to vote for someone so extreme.

Using the fact that Kerry won with over 80% of the vote is ridiculous. Sam Katz (R) lost by only 2 points in '99 and while he only received 42% in '03, that's still a good amount of support for a city that is overwhelmingly Democratic. The Philly GOP would put up a moderate and could beat a far left winger such as yourself.

Why couldn't he beat John Street though, who's apparentely hated by pretty much everyone in the city? In fact the only person I've heard speak positively of him ever is J. J., a REPUBLICAN!

Well J.J. is an unfortunate case.  Tongue  (Sorry J.J.)

Katz couldn't beat Street because of the wire tap incident. The Mayor's office was bugged. Federal officials believed that he had connections with some illegal activities. The Mayor's office finds the bug, releases the information and spins the news like you wouldn't believe. Democratic Congressman admitted earlier this year that he took part in spinning the news to make it seem like it was all the big, bad Republican party's fault.

Most would agree that without the bugging of the Mayor's office, Katz would have won.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2004, 07:09:51 PM »

So Phil,  let's say you had mayoral elections like St. Paul and it's non-partisan except both parties can endorse a candidate (the Republicans never do because they know it'd just an albatross) and it's down to a 2-way match: me vs. John Street. Who do you vote for? Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2004, 07:13:04 PM »

So Phil,  let's say you had mayoral elections like St. Paul and it's non-partisan except both parties can endorse a candidate (the Republicans never do because they know it'd just an albatross) and it's down to a 2-way match: me vs. John Street. Who do you vote for? Tongue

If I could, I would leave the city. But let's say I had to vote in this election. If that's the case, I honestly don't know who I'd vote for. A far left winger vs. a failure as Mayor. Too hard to decide right now.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2004, 07:16:26 PM »

well at least in St. Paul you'd have someone to vote for, the mayoral elections usually end up as moderate Democrat vs. left wing extremist, unfortunately the city elected moderates the last two times who both turned out to be weasels, either party switchers (Coleman) or Bush endorsing DINOs (Kelly). Luckily since Kelly only won by about 400 votes we can look forward to him losing to a left wing extremist in 2005 (assuming he even runs again)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2004, 07:22:05 PM »

Luckily since Kelly only won by about 400 votes we can look forward to him losing to a left wing extremist in 2005 (assuming he even runs again)

Well I don't know how much good this will do but I'll be cheering for Kelly next year.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies