Which is the least religious region of the US?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:45:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  Which is the least religious region of the US?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: The least religious region of the US is:
New England

Middle Atlantic

East North Central

West North Central

South Atlantic

East South Central

West South Central

Mountain West

Pacific West

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Which is the least religious region of the US?  (Read 2762 times)
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 11, 2011, 05:40:15 AM »

Using the 9 census regions for convenience. I think it's the Pacific West with New England coming in a close second. Your thoughts?

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 05:49:18 AM »

Nationwide polls have already shown the Pacific NW to be the least religious, so combined with the Bay Area, yeah it's definitely the PacWest.
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 08:26:59 AM »

Nationwide polls have already shown the Pacific NW to be the least religious, so combined with the Bay Area, yeah it's definitely the PacWest.

That was probably true until the mid 2000s. It seems like New England is playing to win: http://articles.latimes.com/2009/mar/16/local/me-beliefs16

"New England surpasses West Coast as least religious region in America, study finds"

You must be logged in to read this quote.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 09:25:19 PM »

That was probably true until the mid 2000s. It seems like New England is playing to win: http://articles.latimes.com/2009/mar/16/local/me-beliefs16

"New England surpasses West Coast as least religious region in America, study finds"

I feel like the Pacific Northwest (in other words excluding California) would still be less religious than New England. Also would it would probably be closer in population, grouping the entire West Coast together like that is crazy.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 09:31:39 PM »

I feel like the Pacific Northwest (in other words excluding California) would still be less religious than New England. Also would it would probably be closer in population, grouping the entire West Coast together like that is crazy.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 09:49:07 PM »

Just exclude Southern California actually. I think the Bay Area is just as irreligious as the Pacific Northwest. Socal on the other hand....
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies