A-Bob Research Center (Mideast Assembly Election Poll)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:56:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A-Bob Research Center (Mideast Assembly Election Poll)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If the election for the Mideast Assembly were held today, who would you vote for?
Assemblyman Cathcon

Assemblyman Inks

Assemblyman MOPolitico

Assemblyman TJ in Cleve

Assemblyman ZuWo

Franzl

Hashemite

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 11

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: A-Bob Research Center (Mideast Assembly Election Poll)  (Read 646 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 11, 2011, 10:03:48 AM »

The poll runs for three days. I've included all sitting Assemblymembers and the two candidates who have also declared to run for the seat.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 12:02:54 PM »

This looks like it'll be a pretty good race. Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 02:27:42 PM »

This looks like it'll be a pretty good race. Smiley

Good for us incumbents that you're running for Senate. One less candidate who could cost us our seats. Tongue
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 07:31:24 PM »

At the moment Cathcon, Hashemite and I are all very close for the fifth spot. It looks to be an exciting election.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 02:06:54 AM »

Quite amazing to see that, each time there are doubts about the accuracy of having 5 seats, a real competition emerges !
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 06:56:07 AM »

At the moment Cathcon, Hashemite and I are all very close for the fifth spot. It looks to be an exciting election.

You'll be re-elected. You've proved to be a very thorough Assemblyman with a love for complex but essential details. We need more such people in the Assembly, not fewer!
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 07:03:44 AM »

I think this thread and others like it demonstrate how much of a 'love in' the Assembly is where everyoneandeverythingisthesamethankyouverymuch It has to come to an end.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 07:26:25 AM »

I think this thread and others like it demonstrate how much of a 'love in' the Assembly is where everyoneandeverythingisthesamethankyouverymuch It has to come to an end.

What exactly is the problem?

Indeed, there's no bitching going on in the Assembly and the Assembly is quite uniform when it comes to political ideology. However, the lack of personal animosity between us Assemblymembers is certainly positive and the ideological uniformity is the logical consequence of the last Assembly elections.
But we're far away from a situation where everyone and everything is the same. Just have a look at the debate and the final vote we had on the marijuana bill, or the debate and the final vote on the Vote Sanctity Act.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 07:42:12 AM »

At least, the Mideast Assembly is pretty active and is really working.
If every region was like this, Atlasia would be alive...
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 08:55:09 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2011, 09:03:51 AM by TJ in Cleve »

I suppose the Assembly would work much better if everyone there hated each other or at least yelled 'that's unconstitutional' every time a bill came up that they didn't like, spent weeks attempting to stall it, then threatened to sue and drop the suit once it becomes obvious that the law isn't unconstitutional.

Take a look at the Assembly votes this past term: they aren't all unanimous. There has been disagreement between Assemblymen but we still manage to get along fairly well.  It would be more enjoyable if we got along with each other, though I suppose it isn't necessary. I don't really like writing posts like this, but perhaps some enjoy it.

Maybe I'll win and maybe I'll lose, that's part of playing a game. I guess if I try to be nice to people I disagree with, am criticized for it, and am this unpopular then that's just the way ideological opponents work.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 10:19:48 AM »

I suppose the Assembly would work much better if everyone there hated each other or at least yelled 'that's unconstitutional' every time a bill came up that they didn't like, spent weeks attempting to stall it, then threatened to sue and drop the suit once it becomes obvious that the law isn't unconstitutional.

Charming. For the record I do intend to challenge part of the Mideast NFP bill and have a sound case against it (it's to do with the impact of civil unions). However the abortion case is politically more pressing.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 02:24:49 PM »

last analysis before the election begins: looks like a somewhat tight race between TJ and Hashemite for the fifth seat. 11 people voted, and probably not many more people will vote in the real elections so this poll seems to have a certain value. of course, anything may happen. no one can take his seat for granted.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies