The totally gay NY-09 discussion continues...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:40:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  The totally gay NY-09 discussion continues...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The totally gay NY-09 discussion continues...  (Read 1162 times)
NY Jew

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 11, 2011, 04:52:31 PM »
« edited: September 11, 2011, 06:55:12 PM by Joe Republic »

Just a heads up:  Any more religious crap in this thread from now on will be split off and sent to the R&P board, and infraction points doled out along the way.  This thread is for discussing the NY-09 special election, not retarded shit about how the gheys brought Hurricane Irene to New York.
I have a question retarded or not (it's not if you have a basic understanding of theology) if a significant portion of this district believes this is true wouldn't it be relevant.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 05:18:15 PM »

Just a heads up:  Any more religious crap in this thread from now on will be split off and sent to the R&P board, and infraction points doled out along the way.  This thread is for discussing the NY-09 special election, not retarded shit about how the gheys brought Hurricane Irene to New York.
I have a question retarded or not (it's not if you have a basic understanding of theology) if a significant portion of this district believes this is true wouldn't it be relevant.

what if a significant portion of the district believed in leprechauns wouldnt that be weird
NY Jew

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 05:40:07 PM »

Just a heads up:  Any more religious crap in this thread from now on will be split off and sent to the R&P board, and infraction points doled out along the way.  This thread is for discussing the NY-09 special election, not retarded shit about how the gheys brought Hurricane Irene to New York.

what if a significant portion of the district believed in leprechauns wouldnt that be weird
1. Abrahamaic religions have the concept of reward and punishment based on morality (so you're making fun of majority of the worlds official beliefs)

2.  believing in leprechauns might be weird but if there is a election where leprechauns are a central issue it's relevant and a person who is attacked for believing in leprechauns should have the opportunity to explain it (substitute leprechauns for global warming and you'll understand what I mean)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 06:02:23 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It's so cute when people feign ignorance of what's going on in that book.

Ah, Ruth was actually married to Naomi's son.  Further Ruth later remarried Boaz.  I think you stretching credibility beyond the breaking point.  (For the record, I'm not Jewish either, and my church does ordain practicing homosexuals.)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 06:14:09 PM »

Ah, Ruth was actually married to Naomi's son.  Further Ruth later remarried Boaz.  I think you stretching credibility beyond the breaking point.  (For the record, I'm not Jewish either, and my church does ordain practicing homosexuals.)

Well, yeah, obviously in context the relationship has a different dynamic. The argument is applicability to changing conditions (since it's a relationship that even in the text as it's presented has some pretty subversive characteristics; one example is that if memory serves it's the first time anybody actually converts to Judaism for any other reason than direct revelation from God or being forced to after losing a war) rather than any delusion that a lesbian relationship in the currently conventional sense would have been possible or even desirable for...much of anyone in that time and place.
NY Jew

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 07:12:43 PM »

Well, yeah, obviously in context the relationship has a different dynamic. The argument is applicability to changing conditions (since it's a relationship that even in the text as it's presented has some pretty subversive characteristics; one example is that if memory serves it's the first time anybody actually converts to Judaism for any other reason than direct revelation from God or being forced to after losing a war) rather than any delusion that a lesbian relationship in the currently conventional sense would have been possible or even desirable for...much of anyone in that time and place.

one of the verses that was referred to by Nathan that "proves" their was a sexual finishes says that Rus is better to Naami "then 7 sons".  Which shoots this creative nonsense in the foot unless it was normal for children to have incest with their parents.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 07:30:59 PM »

Why are you saying "Rus"?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 08:04:43 PM »

one of the verses that was referred to by Nathan that "proves" their was a sexual finishes says that Rus is better to Naami "then 7 sons".  Which shoots this creative nonsense in the foot unless it was normal for children to have incest with their parents.

I just said it wasn't sexual. I think your mind might be too prurient to understand the point I'm trying to make.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 08:55:22 PM »

no serious though, leprechauns what if there were leprechauns how would they vote discuss with maps
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 08:58:20 PM »

What does that have to do with NY-09's gayness?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 09:05:16 PM »

New York's 9th is so gay.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 06:04:10 PM »

Fire Island is just down the road. Smiley

Is there any way to spice this thread up somehow? 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies