NFL 2011 Season Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:42:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  NFL 2011 Season Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 29
Author Topic: NFL 2011 Season Discussion  (Read 48221 times)
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: October 25, 2011, 10:02:57 PM »

Lots of Eagles getting healthy. Hopefully the coaches are too.
Hopefully, you come out of Week 8 with a record of 2-5, giving Dallas a record of 4-3!!  I feel confident that my 'Boys will take care of the Canaries Sunday Night.

Don't count on it. Grin

Andy Reid era scores in the game after the bye week:
PHI 38 - STL 31
PHI 16 - CIN 7
PHI 10 - NYG 9
PHI 20 - TB 10
PHI 23 - BUF 13
PHI 30 - CAR 8
PHI 20 - SD 17
PHI 27 - WAS 3
PHI 16 - NYJ 9
PHI 27 - ATL 14
PHI 33 - TB 14
PHI 26 - IND 24

12-0
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #201 on: October 26, 2011, 12:43:28 AM »

Fun fact of the week: Every opponent left on the Dolphins schedule is at .500 or better except for the Eagles. Dolphins may go 0-16. The question is whether or not the Colts will match them in the winless category.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #202 on: October 26, 2011, 09:21:36 AM »

Hopefully, you come out of Week 8 with a record of 2-5, giving Dallas a record of 4-3!!  I feel confident that my 'Boys will take care of the Canaries Sunday Night.

No.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #203 on: October 26, 2011, 09:24:53 AM »

Don't count on it. Grin

Andy Reid era scores in the game after the bye week:
PHI 38 - STL 31
PHI 16 - CIN 7
PHI 10 - NYG 9
PHI 20 - TB 10
PHI 23 - BUF 13
PHI 30 - CAR 8
PHI 20 - SD 17
PHI 27 - WAS 3
PHI 16 - NYJ 9
PHI 27 - ATL 14
PHI 33 - TB 14
PHI 26 - IND 24

12-0

We shall see. Smiley
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #204 on: October 28, 2011, 04:46:55 PM »

Classy as ever...Rob Ryan on DeSean Jackson: "I'm going to land on his shoulder and put him out. So that'll be awesome."
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #205 on: October 28, 2011, 06:53:48 PM »

Classy as ever...Rob Ryan on DeSean Jackson: "I'm going to land on his shoulder and put him out. So that'll be awesome."

Like father, like son, like brother.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #206 on: October 28, 2011, 06:56:43 PM »

Like father, like son, like brother.

Amen
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #207 on: October 30, 2011, 02:58:27 PM »

Some interesting scores so far but it seems every thing is working out how it should.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #208 on: October 30, 2011, 03:03:44 PM »

Some interesting scores so far but it seems every thing is working out how it should.

Tell that to the folks in New Orleans.  They were supposed to have the closest thing to a bye week at St Louis, and they find themselves trailing 31-14 with under 3 minutes to go.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #209 on: October 30, 2011, 03:23:55 PM »

Tell that to the folks in New Orleans.  They were supposed to have the closest thing to a bye week at St Louis, and they find themselves trailing 31-14 with under 3 minutes to go.

Confirmed 31-21 Rams win.  This makes two head-scratching losses the Saints have had the past 3 weeks.  It makes me wonder if they are a team with different personas?  These losses almost make last week's blowout of the Colts a fluke, or it makes the Colts look really disgusting.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #210 on: October 30, 2011, 07:01:26 PM »

Quick hitters:

1) The Giants almost let Miami do what Seattle did a few weeks ago, win a game they shouldn't have.  Miami, quite frankly, has just been unlucky in their losses.  Unfortunately, their schedule gets really scary now.  They could go 1-15, frankly.  Maybe that's what they want, though.
2) Another uninspiring win from the Texans, though the Jaguars were never really in it.  Probably the same thing happens next week.  A win is a win, though.
3) Well, if there's a win Baltimore had to have, it was this one, with the traveling to rejunvenated Pittsburgh next week.  Thank goodness for them that Kevin Kolb really sucks.  Of course, this game should never have been close anyways.
4) When the Saints offense is not working, they'll always have problems cause their defense pretty much sucks.  Of course, when the Saints offense is working, they can beat anyone, which is the reason why everyone will be afraid of them come playoff time.
5) It is already quite obvious that Ponder, though raw, is clearly an upgrade from Mr. all washed up.  That being said, Cam Newton lost this one with his fumbles.  But those are the gambles you have to take with him for now.
6) Will Chris Johnson be cut this week?  I would.
7) Repeat after me, Tim Tebow is not an NFL QB.  It would be greater than most of Jesus' miracles to turn him into one.
Cool Washington is done as a team.  Probably Shanahan too.  The key mistake - getting McNabb last year.
9) Another ugly win for San Fran.  Another ugly game from Colt McCoy.
10) The Steelers have really turned their season around.  The O-line is protecting Ben (somewhat) and the D is playing aggressive once again.  That being said, I don't understand why New England got away from the run.  Pittsburgh has had real trouble there all year.  Of course, it would have helped if they would have had the ball on offense.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #211 on: October 30, 2011, 08:26:12 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2011, 08:29:18 PM by Politico »

I think the Dolphins are going 0-16. Amazingly, the Colts might go 0-16 as well if Manning does not return. How do we decide who gets the first overall pick if two teams are 0-16? Whoever has the weaker schedule? In that case, I would imagine it would be the Colts by virtue of their pathetic division. Incredible BS if the Colts go from Manning to Luck, and the Dolphins are still left trying to fill Marino's shoes despite his retirement almost 12 years ago...
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #212 on: October 30, 2011, 08:27:52 PM »

49ers man.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #213 on: October 30, 2011, 08:42:51 PM »

I think the Dolphins are going 0-16. Amazingly, the Colts might go 0-16 as well if Manning does not return. How do we decide who gets the first overall pick if two teams are 0-16? Whoever has the weaker schedule? In that case, I would imagine it would be the Colts by virtue of their pathetic division. Incredible BS if the Colts go from Manning to Luck, and the Dolphins are still left trying to fill Marino's shoes despite his retirement almost 12 years ago...

Yes, it is decided by who had the weaker schedule.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #214 on: October 30, 2011, 09:38:39 PM »

Hilarious game on NBC right now. Thanks, Dallas!
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #215 on: October 31, 2011, 06:35:58 AM »

I remember when people thought I was crazy when I said Dallas would never win a Super Bowl with Tony Romo.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #216 on: October 31, 2011, 01:51:51 PM »

That game was an absolute embarrassment.  I'm so glad I didn't watch it.  I do have to give props to the Eagles, though, they came to play and Dallas didn't even show up.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #217 on: October 31, 2011, 11:25:02 PM »

Nice win by the Kansas City Chiefs!!  You've got to feel bad for Philip Rivers.  He had the game in the bag, but a bad snap cost them the game, in effect.  The Chiefs offense couldn't do anything for at least 2 full quarters of the game, but they somehow pulled through and into a 3-way tie for 1st place in the AFC West.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #218 on: October 31, 2011, 11:37:59 PM »

I didn't feel bad for Rivers, I bet on the Chiefs, both at +3 and outright, and now find myself at +123% of my gambling account balance from Week 1
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #219 on: November 01, 2011, 12:02:25 AM »

I didn't feel bad for Rivers, I bet on the Chiefs, both at +3 and outright, and now find myself at +123% of my gambling account balance from Week 1

I didn't have anything riding on the game other than my pick for the Chiefs in our Pick 'Em, and I imagine as a quarterback, he's going to be haunted by that play for the next 10-15 years or more.  He'll never be able to get that play out of his head.  This loss is not on Norv Turner, it's on Philip Rivers.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #220 on: November 01, 2011, 05:10:33 AM »

13-3 is a completely reasonable prediction, which is incredible.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #221 on: November 06, 2011, 07:39:55 PM »

This was a good day for football.  Some pretty good games this afternoon.  Patriots went down, Packers and Chargers had no defense.  What are your thoughts on the first 12 games of Week 9?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #222 on: November 06, 2011, 08:01:47 PM »

Quick hitters (Week 9)
1) DeMarco Murray is the real deal, and quite frankly, in order for Dallas to make the playoffs, they can't rely on Tony Romo to do it all.
2) So the Colts are really the odds-on favorite for Luck, now.  As a Texans fan, this should make me nervous, but then again, the Colts are going to need more than just a new QB to win given the state of their defense.
3) The Jets completely demolished the Bills, and it wasn't even as close as the score indicated.  Quite frankly, it was like this game was being played last year, not with what has happened this year.  The Bills got beaten up at the line of scrimmage completely.  And look now, a three-way tie for first in the AFC East.
4) Yea, so the Texans are definitely the favorites in the AFC South now.  Cleveland looks much worse than even I expected.  And when you have two RBs who put over 100yds, you don't need much of a passing game.
5) Yes, the 49ers win ugly, but they are winning, even if its over another bad team in Washington.  Basically, the only games the 49ers play that they can lose are the Giants and Steelers at home, and the Ravens on the road.  The rest is AFC West hell.  I wouldn't be surprised if they end up the #2 seed when all is done, actually, with that schedule.
6) That first win for the Dolphins was only a matter of time, as they've been competitive in most every game this season.  This loss for the Chiefs should have been expected too after last Monday's crazy game.  Should have picked it that way, and almost came close to doing it.
7) Cincinnati continues to prove that they will have to be reckoned at some point because their D is respectable and Dalton makes good decisions out there.  Yes, I'm looking at you Pittsburgh and Baltimore, they still play you twice this year.
Cool Oakland has always had problems with Denver (back in the old days at least) because they couldn't stop the run.  Today was the same deal.  How can you make Tim Tebow look competent out there? Well, ensure that he only throws a few times a game.  Btw, Willis McGahee continues to never get any credit out there, but I remember in Baltimore, they'd always revert back to him when they really needed yards.
9) Real, real impressive win by the Jints, though Eli nearly lost it, and then won it back in the end.  I just can't see the Pats as a top-tier team any more, when they lose battles on both lines of scrimmage as regularly as they do now.
10) The Chargers really had a chance to take this one, but once again - nice job, Norv.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #223 on: November 06, 2011, 08:02:05 PM »

speaking of incredible,

dreading the other shoe drop
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #224 on: November 06, 2011, 08:48:50 PM »

5) Yes, the 49ers win ugly, but they are winning, even if its over another bad team in Washington.  Basically, the only games the 49ers play that they can lose are the Giants and Steelers at home, and the Ravens on the road.  The rest is AFC West hell.  I wouldn't be surprised if they end up the #2 seed when all is done, actually, with that schedule.

I expect that they will. Who else could?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies