The Official CNN/Tea Party Express Debate Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:14:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official CNN/Tea Party Express Debate Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official CNN/Tea Party Express Debate Discussion Thread  (Read 23034 times)
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« on: September 12, 2011, 02:20:41 PM »

Wolf Blitzer is the most inane person in cable news, and that's saying something.

And probably will be the most sane person in the room which says something else...

But yes you are right on the money here.

Blitzer is... okay, I guess. If nothing else, he won't be engaging in "American Idol or Reach for the Stars" stupid questions.

My prediction: someone after the debate with say something containing a variation on "Romney did well" and "Ron Paul was...Ron Paul" ("RON PAUL WAS AN INSANE LOON WHO DEMONSTRATED HIS LOONINESS" falls into that category), since that happens every debate regardless of content.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 08:17:43 PM »

Perry is crumbling like a concrete building hit by an atomic bomb. If this keeps up he will make a giant slip-up by the end of the debate.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 08:31:05 PM »

Santorum sez:

"Maybe Perry made that deal to attract the illegal, uh, I mean Latino vote"

OOPS
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 08:48:49 PM »

When we come back, pointless questions that don't matter.

This country is so fuçked.

"IPHONE OR BLACKBERRY"

Also, I love how Blitzer takes advantage of booing to cut off a response.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 09:01:46 PM »

1. Santorum
2. Huntsman
3. Romney
4. Paul (was #2 until that last question on 9/11)
5. Bachmann
6. Perry
7. Cain
8. Gingrich
9. The Audience

Paul's 9/11 answer to Giuliani had about the same feedback, and it ended up rocketing his polling numbers. Most Americans are anti-war at this point.

Anyway, that audience was pretty terrible. First, they say "YES YES" with great enthusiasm as to letting a young man die (before Paul actually gets to answer), then they boo with nearly equal enthusiasm when told that the terrorists might not be villains out to do evil for its own sake.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 04:05:48 PM »

Saw this on a Ron Paul site I frequent, so keep that in mind, but I thought it was interesting.

Total candidate talking time (in seconds): 4041

Percent of time by candidate:

Perry: 21.3%
Romney: 15.7%
Bachmann: 12.7%
Huntsman: 11.3%
Gingrich: 10.8%
Santorum: 10.4%
Paul: 9.6%
Cain: 8.2%

link: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?315288-Percent-Debate-Time-By-Candidate

Paul should have had more time, Huntsman less. Also, I will say that Santorum knows how to utilize his time effectively to get his message out.

Yes, I saw that too. Even more annoying is that Paul was never given a chance of rebuttal until the end, that the question regarding the Federal Reserve (which is to him what frothing at gays is to Santorum) had him as the only candidate NOT given an answer, and several of his questions being entirely loaded (the "YOU WOULD LET THIS INNOCENT MAN DIE" question comes to mind). Fortunately, he performed great up until the 9/11 question (whereupon he managed to stumble upon the only way he could make Santorum look correct), and the main focus of this debate was Perry getting crushed from attacks from literally every direction (Though I doubt the media pundits would admit his overwhelming defeat even if he started engaging in name calling)

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Israel punishes innocents as much as it punishes terrorists, if not more. This, in turn, radicalizes those they don't kill into becoming terrorists. For example, starving out what amounts to a giant ghetto with a blockade to defeat a single group of terrorists only makes them angrier, as does carpet bombing large areas to catch a couple of low quality rocket launchers. Yes, Israel fights terrorists. But Israel is a nation, it should hold to higher standards than those of terrorists.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies