From another board re: The South (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:21:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  From another board re: The South (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: From another board re: The South  (Read 6932 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: December 22, 2004, 04:13:21 AM »

Probably another Harriet Beecher Stowe type. Live in the south for 2 years and have ALL the knowledge about the south and how we are. I have no doubt this person is an elitist and truly an idiot.

Good job fitting the stereotype to a tea.

Why can't you just live your life in PA and leave us alone? Why does it HAVE to be your business and your peoples business for the past few hundred years to continue to hound us and disrespect us? What is the point? Why do you hate your fellow countryment so much? You people need to look at yourselfs and all the problems your cities have before you can even dare to criticize what we do or how we live. You wonder why the election map is so divided. Its because you people can't mind your business and live your life and let us live ours. Until you people get that things will never change.

Tell you what, you southerners can quit running the entire country - taking blue state money and giving it to red states, screwing the whole country with a terrible foreign policy, and then we'll talk about these so called problems that you have with blue states.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 04:20:22 AM »

Well I lived in Far Rockaway. All black.  My family moved because the neighborhood was getting too rough and robberies were rampant.  I actually grew up in Long Beach, NY.  A good party, drinking community on the Ocean.  The city is very segregated though.  I lived in the "west end" which was majority Irish with  Italians and Germans.  A christian area basically.  Going east along the ocean you have the Jewish area- Orthodox, reform and hasid who all hate each other:)  On the other side- the bay side you have the hispanic and black community.  We didn't go to the "black area" to hang out and they did not come to our part of town to party.  Then again we beat up a lot more "out of towners" than any race.  Most towns are segregated around these parts is my overall message. Al, look it up on fair data you can probably tell the different neighborhoods by socioecon.  11561.

Yes, Nassau county is one of the most segragated places.
I think San Jose, CA is one of the least.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies