From another board re: The South (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:20:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  From another board re: The South (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: From another board re: The South  (Read 6928 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: December 19, 2004, 09:27:39 PM »

I think that article shows a great deal of blind prejudice, and is a gross exaggeration.  It's funny how those who preach "tolerance" never seem to find any for those who don't agree with their views.

The types of people described in that article exist in all parts of the country, generally in poor areas.  I have seen a good number of those types in New York and Connecticut, and many of them are minorities, so it shouldn't just be looked at as a white trash southern thing.  And there's plenty of white trash up north, too.

I think it's a gross distortion to claim that these types of problems exist only, or predominantly, in the south.  It's all over, and many of the people who exhibit this type of behavior are......gasp......Democrats.

I find that liberals are very tolerant of this dysfunctional behavior when people who vote for them engage in it.  Only those who engage in this type of behavior, and vote Republican, are worthy of contempt.  Those who vote Democratic are victims of circumstance.

It's amazing how the Democrats, since this past election, have come totally out in the open with the regional bigotry that they have been trying (not too successfully) to hide for so long.

Pretty much what I was going to say.  Agree 100%.  There are plenty of degenerates up here also. The person who wrote this clearly has an ax to grind.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 05:46:40 PM »

The North is a A LOT more segregated than the south in my experience.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 03:06:27 AM »

I will say it again: Segregation is a lot worse in the North.  Dazzleman; a very good and intelligent poster, noted how he could go without having to go into a black neighborhood his whole life.  That is true and that is how things are structured in the North.  Racism may be a little more in your face in the South but it is a lot more subliminal and hurtful in the north.  It is my observation that the north tends to be the de facto brand of segragation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies