Platform Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:53:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Platform Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Platform Discussion  (Read 5846 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2005, 09:51:46 PM »

How bout this?

Europe- A European Superstate dominated by France and Germany is not in America's interests.  Nor is it in Europe's interests.  An economically integrated Europe that favors no one nation, but rather opens European markets to international commerce should be the goal.  European protectionism hurts American businesses and the third world, and it should be ended.  If Europe continues its unfair trade practices, we will work through the WTO to bring about an end to this practice.  The Peace Process in the Balkans has been effective, but we need a more vigorous effort to locate and bring to justice the war criminals like Radko Mladic.

I like that revision.
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2005, 06:53:39 PM »

How bout this?

Europe- A European Superstate dominated by France and Germany is not in America's interests.  Nor is it in Europe's interests.  An economically integrated Europe that favors no one nation, but rather opens European markets to international commerce should be the goal.  European protectionism hurts American businesses and the third world, and it should be ended.  If Europe continues its unfair trade practices, we will work through the WTO to bring about an end to this practice.  The Peace Process in the Balkans has been effective, but we need a more vigorous effort to locate and bring to justice the war criminals like Radko Mladic.
As a representative of the first and second generations European immigrants who have still strong roots in the Old Continent Wink, I would suggest following.

Europe is the most important ally of USA. We should continue to building the stronger partnership within in NATO and within other organizations like G8 and WTO. European superstate dominated by France and Germany is not in America's interests. Nor is it in Europe's interests.  An economically integrated Europe that favors no one nation, but rather opens European markets to international commerce should be the goal. The political integration should be dependent on the will of the people of Europe and should be approved by referendums. European protectionism hurts American businesses and the third world, and it should be ended.  If Europe continues its unfair trade practices, we will work through the WTO to bring about an end to this practice.  The Peace Process in the Balkans has been effective, but we need a more vigorous effort to locate and bring to justice the war criminals like Radko Mladic and Radovan Karazic.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2005, 10:25:44 PM »

Since obvioulsy members will disagree about specifics, I hope this thrid version is satisfactory to everyone.

Europe- America's alliances with the nations of Europe are among our most important parternships in the world.  We should build on our partnerships within NATO and welcome the nations of Eastern Europe into the Atlantic Alliance.  However, a European Superstate dominated by France and Germany is not in America's interests.  Nor is it in Europe's interests.  An economically integrated Europe that favors no one nation, but rather opens European markets to international commerce should be the goal.  European protectionism hurts American businesses and the third world, and it should be ended.  If Europe continues its unfair trade practices, we will work through the WTO to bring about an end to this practice.  The Peace Process in the Balkans has been effective, but we need a more vigorous effort to locate and bring to justice the war criminals like Radko Mladic and Radovan Karazic.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2005, 10:49:41 PM »

Since obvioulsy members will disagree about specifics, I hope this thrid version is satisfactory to everyone.

Europe- America's alliances with the nations of Europe are among our most important parternships in the world.  We should build on our partnerships within NATO and welcome the nations of Eastern Europe into the Atlantic Alliance.  However, a European Superstate dominated by France and Germany is not in America's interests.  Nor is it in Europe's interests.  An economically integrated Europe that favors no one nation, but rather opens European markets to international commerce should be the goal.  European protectionism hurts American businesses and the third world, and it should be ended.  If Europe continues its unfair trade practices, we will work through the WTO to bring about an end to this practice.  The Peace Process in the Balkans has been effective, but we need a more vigorous effort to locate and bring to justice the war criminals like Radko Mladic and Radovan Karazic.

I agree with this too.  We really need to get this plank nailed down.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2005, 11:30:10 PM »

I agree with this too.  We really need to get this plank nailed down.

And I agree as well.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2005, 11:41:06 PM »

Its settled then.  As Chairman I declare our paltform amended.  Thank you to Huck Finn for his suggestions and welcome to our Party.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2005, 03:41:11 AM »

Missed out on most of this, but I like the final revision. Smiley
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2005, 05:54:30 PM »