Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2014, 09:05:27 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Polls for 2012 Senate and Governor
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Polls for 2012 Senate and Governor  (Read 521 times)
Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« on: September 14, 2011, 01:02:40 pm »

Hi,
The polls database are now available for 2012 Senate and Governor (with summary and links at the top of the appropriate boards).  Please remember to link the forum topic (and don't create new).  Also, with contests with lots of challenging candidates, I've been averaging the contests polled as the figures in the database.

Enjoy,
Dave
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 02:46:36 pm »
Ignore

Thx, but so early ?

It will be heck of a job to enter this with the field in a lot of states not settled.

Should we just enter the closest race or should we wait and look if there's a primary poll out ?

PPP polls are very easy to enter, because they always provide a primary as well.
Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 06:16:10 pm »

Thx, but so early ?

It will be heck of a job to enter this with the field in a lot of states not settled.

Should we just enter the closest race or should we wait and look if there's a primary poll out ?

PPP polls are very easy to enter, because they always provide a primary as well.

I recommend adding the contest between the primary leaders.  If there is no clear favorite in the primary, use "Rep Candidate" and "Dem Candidate" and average the contests.  I did that with several already.

Thanks,
Dave
realisticidealist
YaBB God
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 3.48

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 06:18:11 pm »
Ignore

Thx, but so early ?

I recommend adding the contest between the primary leaders.  If there is no clear favorite in the primary, use "Rep Candidate" and "Dem Candidate" and average the contests.  I did that with several already.

Thanks,
Dave

If you're going to do it that way, you might as well add a Presidential General polling page.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 06:27:03 pm »
Ignore

Thank you, Dave!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
-Jackie Robinson
Dave Leip
leip
Administrator
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 09:47:59 pm »

Thx, but so early ?

Thanks,
Dave

If you're going to do it that way, you might as well add a Presidential General polling page.

Yep, That is next and is now available.  I've started entering vs. Perry - but please enter all the match-ups in the article field and we can update these later as the final nominee becomes apparent.

Thanks,
Dave
realisticidealist
YaBB God
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 3.48

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 10:43:52 pm »
Ignore

Dave, for the President General polls, you allow nationwide polls. Can you add that ability to the primary polls, maybe having that be a chart along with the delegate/states charts?

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 05:04:40 pm »
Ignore

Thanks, Dave!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: